2011 Ford Ranger - What do you think? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

2011 Ford Ranger - What do you think?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM
BigF350 BigF350 is offline
Post Fiend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 18,791
BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
2011 Ford Ranger - What do you think?

What do you guys think about the speculation over the new 2011 Ford Ranger?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Jordan M Jordan M is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Jordan M is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
no more extended cab? thats lame
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
powerstroke72's Avatar
powerstroke72 powerstroke72 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 24,268
powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Well, that reveal didn't really reveal much at all. The absence of the ex. cab is a real downer. I had a '98 4x4 ex. cab that was one of the best trucks I ever owned. Come to think of it, I wish I had it back. Doesn't mention anything about powertrain but I'd guess maybe the ecoboost 4 banger. The bad thing is that they say it'll be a smaller cab. If it gets much smaller, it'll be a one seater. I really wish they'd upsize a little like the Dakota. With the powertrain technology they're coming out with like the ecoboost in the Taurus and the Flex, I think they'd be pretty close to being in line with the MPGs they're getting now. A little tweaking and they could probably do even better.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
rambuck's Avatar
rambuck rambuck is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sheridan/W Laffayette, IN
Posts: 308
rambuck is starting off with a positive reputation.
So, if there is no ext. cab, what is the point? The ext. cab, which my dad used to have a LONG time ago, was amazing. 95% of the Rangers I see are ext. cabs. I was hoping for the current international Ranger to come over stateside. I was hoping for all 3 cab configurations. So is this supposed to be a ute like the AU Falcon Ute or the SA Courier?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2009, 03:52 AM
drb1956 drb1956 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Streamwood,IL
Posts: 527
drb1956 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really like my standard cab on my '99..I get the 7' box, which you don't get with the ext. cab..Don't know how many times that box has come in handy....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
OldBlueOvalDude OldBlueOvalDude is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Up nort WI
Posts: 120
OldBlueOvalDude is starting off with a positive reputation.
It would really make me happy if the new domestic Ranger would be an incarnation of the World Ranger. But if it isn't and it has a smaller cab that's not neccessarily a bad thing. Good engineering and ergonomics can overcome size restraints. I think about a Suzuki Sidekick owned back in the 90's. It had a very narrow cabin and you literally sat in a well but it was actually quite comfortable and spacious enough-and I'm six feet tall and 190#.What would be a terrible disappointment would be to not include the turbodiesel powerplant found in the World Ranger in our new domestic Ranger. Ford has a fantastic opportunity to not only knock one out of the park and get a huge leap ahead of the competition, but also to dramatically increase the fleet fuel economy average simply by utilizing a powerplant they already have developed. It's a no-brainer!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 AM
OldBlueOvalDude OldBlueOvalDude is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Up nort WI
Posts: 120
OldBlueOvalDude is starting off with a positive reputation.
Forgot to ask in last post-has anyone dug up any pics or artists renderings?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
wendell borror wendell borror is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,147
wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.
The new world ranger comes out in 2012 and we will get it. There will be one ranger for all the world markets and it will have the crewcab option.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
powerstroke72's Avatar
powerstroke72 powerstroke72 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 24,268
powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell borror View Post
The new world ranger comes out in 2012 and we will get it. There will be one ranger for all the world markets and it will have the crewcab option.
That's great info. Just out of curiousity, you got an inside track or something?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 PM
rambuck's Avatar
rambuck rambuck is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sheridan/W Laffayette, IN
Posts: 308
rambuck is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueOvalDude View Post
It would really make me happy if the new domestic Ranger would be an incarnation of the World Ranger. But if it isn't and it has a smaller cab that's not neccessarily a bad thing. Good engineering and ergonomics can overcome size restraints. I think about a Suzuki Sidekick owned back in the 90's. It had a very narrow cabin and you literally sat in a well but it was actually quite comfortable and spacious enough-and I'm six feet tall and 190#.What would be a terrible disappointment would be to not include the turbodiesel powerplant found in the World Ranger in our new domestic Ranger. Ford has a fantastic opportunity to not only knock one out of the park and get a huge leap ahead of the competition, but also to dramatically increase the fleet fuel economy average simply by utilizing a powerplant they already have developed. It's a no-brainer!
Utilizing the World Ranger would be the most likely of scenarios from what I am gathering. I have a feeling that the Ranger is a little secret Ford is keeping from us about the whole globalized company ordeal with products such as the Ford Fiesta, Focus, and I believe the S-Max vehicles. I believe that the 2011 Ranger is in heavy consideration for a globalized vehicle here in the States. Especially with Ford 4Trac concept over in Thailand recently. It is very similar to the current Ranger that is found in Asia and Europe. Plus the fact that Ford loves to boast the Ranger's fuel efficiency and would not want that title taken. In my opinion, it just seems to fit together that way, but I could be completely wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
powerstroke72's Avatar
powerstroke72 powerstroke72 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 24,268
powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambuck View Post
Utilizing the World Ranger would be the most likely of scenarios from what I am gathering. I have a feeling that the Ranger is a little secret Ford is keeping from us about the whole globalized company ordeal with products such as the Ford Fiesta, Focus, and I believe the S-Max vehicles. I believe that the 2011 Ranger is in heavy consideration for a globalized vehicle here in the States. Especially with Ford 4Trac concept over in Thailand recently. It is very similar to the current Ranger that is found in Asia and Europe. Plus the fact that Ford loves to boast the Ranger's fuel efficiency and would not want that title taken. In my opinion, it just seems to fit together that way, but I could be completely wrong.
What you're saying makes good sense. I've always wondered why Ford and the rest of the Big Three didn't do more of this over the years. It makes a lot more sense. Even if it was just the platforms as they are doing with some products.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-28-2009, 04:39 AM
wendell borror wendell borror is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,147
wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.
It's been talked about in several truck and off/road mags. It's also been talked about in ford world, a monthly magazine for ford emplyee's and retiree's. Another good source for latest ford news is (BlueOvalNews) Ford News, Ford Forum, Ford Reviews, Ford Blogs, 2008 Shelby GT500KR, 2007 GT500, GT500 forums, 2007 Shelby GT500, 2009 Boss Mustang, Ford Edge forums,Lincoln MKS, Ford Fusion, Ford Fusion forums, Fusion news, Fusion reviews, Fusion SV.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-2009, 06:42 AM
-Jim G's Avatar
-Jim G -Jim G is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 185
-Jim G is starting off with a positive reputation.
When I park my 2000 Ranger (standard cab) next to my full size 52 Merc, I find that they are the same size. My how trucks have grown over the years...

I found some pictures of the World Ranger Concept here: Ford Ranger Max concept debuts at Thailand Motor Show

This one sure looks like an extended cab to me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
wendell borror wendell borror is offline
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,147
wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.
The world ranger for 2012 is being designed in austraila. Everyone will get the same ranger, here in the states as well as a broad.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
rangerfan's Avatar
rangerfan rangerfan is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,958
rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.rangerfan has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jim G View Post
.

I found some pictures of the World Ranger Concept here: Ford Ranger Max concept debuts at Thailand Motor Show

This one sure looks like an extended cab to me.
That Ranger Max is awesome. I'd buy one of those in a heart beat. I will be in the market in 2012 and if that Max is available I'd get one.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roshteaux roshteaux 2011 & Newer Explorer 0 07-11-2017 11:34 AM
Question about buying a 2011 with a front oil leak on the motor Iron lhorse Ranger & B-Series 4 09-25-2016 07:02 PM
2011 Ranger iliketrucks Ranger & B-Series 0 09-06-2015 09:44 AM
Current Draw of A/C Cabin Air Blower Motor? Cernicalo1 Ranger & B-Series 6 03-13-2012 06:54 PM
2011 ranger tire size Xistenz Ranger & B-Series 8 12-08-2010 04:31 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Tags
2011, 2011ford, 2011ranger, concept, f250, ford, fordranger, max, pics, pictures, ranger, show, truck, trucks, updates

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.