Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

TW tunes Man what a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 11:39 PM
gmm
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4.56 gears and trans is stock, will put in hardened parts if it fails. I am running 35 13.5 20 right now and have not had a problem with tranny yet (as I knock on desk).

Last edited by gmm; 01-14-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay -- the gears are the big thing since you're running big meats. Put the TransGo kit or BTS VB in, then switch to Tony's tunes. What kind of chip is that "ATS"? Is it a standard 6-pos with a ****? If it is, Tony will load it with his tunes for $150...

Old 01-15-2009, 06:47 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fxstbchopper
I do have a question for you though Joe. My tunes are and suppose to be in this order stock, economy, tow, street, extreme, and smoke I think they are out of order. I was use to the 140 setting on my TS feeling the idle drop do to more fuel but(this is why I think they are out of order)mine does it in street and extreme but not smoke which I would think it would before street would. Do you have street and does it idle down do to more fuel or do you think my tunes are swapped.
I know I'm not Joe but I believe I understand you question. I've had about 15 different tunes from Tony and some would idle down slightly after turning the selector **** and some didn't. I've seen Tony change/adjust the idle on my programs when I switched to single shot injectors and I think it has to do with more than the fuel, but I'm no programmer.

Just drive it around and test the different setting and you should know. Or call Ben - I believe he can look at the database and see the programs and order it was placed on the chip.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Thanks, Rich. I guess I missed that question somehow. Sorry Tracy!!

I guess I never paid that close of attention to mine. I have stock, high-idle, daily, tow, street, and extreme. I'll tinker with it today and let you know what the idle does on mine. I don't have a "smoke" tune, but extreme tune smokes like a freight train, especially with my van turbo with its bit of lag.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 AM
fxstbchopper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Rich. And thanks Joe you have answered alot of my questions about TW tunes that I have had.

I drove to work this morning in stock since it is 0 outside(wind chill -16) HOLY freaking cow(censored yet again) it is crazy the take off is just amazing even in stock. It does not even come close for feeling like stock you can tell it is the stock tune compared to the others but after driving around with no chip for about three weeks let me tell I am going to have to learn to watch my foot on the go peddel even in the stock tune. I love this chip and highly recommend TW tunes to anyone thinking about using Tony to tune thier truck.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Mike, yeah they sent me the right one, but it wasnt what i should have got, but F it, it works. They took the centersection i had sent back, machined it down a little to fit my turbine housing, and then the turbine housing was TOO CLOSE to the turbine wheel, it touched occasionally when you spun it around by hand, but that worked itself out quickly. I Took the turbo back apart last night and made sure everything was OK.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
So I checked my idle this morning -- no difference between DD & Tow. Definite idle change between those two and Street Race. And a barely detectable change between Street & Extreme, if at all.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Checked mine also. Idle all the same, except for the high idle program of course. But like I said - Tony adjusted the idle on the programs after the SS injectors.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Yeah, I'd expect yours to be different since it's been tweaked for the SS sticks. I'm getting itchy for sticks now that I have the turbo. I'm thinking I want to go a little bigger than the ones like you have, Rich. I want 375-400 out of it. Need to start looking at my options there.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Izzy351
Yeah, I'd expect yours to be different since it's been tweaked for the SS sticks. I'm getting itchy for sticks now that I have the turbo. I'm thinking I want to go a little bigger than the ones like you have, Rich. I want 375-400 out of it. Need to start looking at my options there.
Sounds good man, can't wait to go for a ride when you do. I imagine it will be similar to Mike's (Tenn01) in HP. Mike took me for a spin but the hangover was killing me and the brain cells that were involved in the memory of that event are now long gone.

Not sure what is going on in the Jan-Feb time frame but if the camping GTG in Dallas-Fort Worth is still on for March/April - I'll be there!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
Congrats Tracy!

Old 01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Izzy351
I'm thinking I want to go a little bigger than the ones like you have, Rich. I want 375-400 out of it. Need to start looking at my options there.
DO NOT, absolutely DO NOT get big nozzles. I can say this, because if i hadn't, my PMR engine would probably still be together. If i could do it again, GT38R, Swamps single shot 200cc hybrids with a 30% EDM nozzle. Just like what Mike has, and "almost" 400 hp.

lol

Old 01-15-2009, 03:52 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Okay so I got my chip back from Tony today and got it put in. Now I have not got to play a whole lot with it yet but what I have got to mess with well lets just say HOLY(censored for sensitive ears). Joe (Izzy351) had told me about the extreme setting and how it would just launch the truck at take off man that setting is bad azz. I got to switch into that on the way home had a mini cooper pull up next to me on a two lane road that the left lane(the one he was in)changes to a turn only lane well I knew he was wanting in front of me so I put it in extreme light turned he took off (now he took off fast I don't know if he was on it full or not but it took off very quick) my truck launched off the light and I passed him leaving a trail of smoke and he just got behide me. I am really hoping it warms up some by the weekend so I can waste some fuel the temps are dropping fast and the roads are getting a little to slick to be running around in the extreme setting.

Sweet

With what I have messed with so far Justin the economy setting alone would out run the TS on 140.
Originally Posted by hucka1a
Alright Tracy! Glad to hear that everything has went well for ya. How about that "Grin" that everybody has been telling us about.lol
Edit: I used to have a TS in my OBS. They can't touch these guy's
Maybe I have a freak TS chip .....in my 75hp setting I can roast my 38/15.50R20s on 20x12s for a good 50' on dry pavement if I roll into a turn and then mash it

Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DCSpecial
Sweet
Maybe I have a freak TS chip .....in my 75hp setting I can roast my 38/15.50R20s on 20x12s for a good 50' on dry pavement if I roll into a turn and then mash it
IIRC you had a little extra attention from Dennis. Didn't you? I had just an off the self TS chip with no special attention. My superchips programmer would scald the TS chip I had.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Possibly....Dennis was the one I spoke to and explained to him my likes and dislikes of different programs that I've ran from him and other vendors and what I wanted my truck to drive like and how I drive it.

Quick Reply: TW tunes Man what a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!