1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Looking a modifing my truck and have a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Pitchfork87
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking a modifing my truck and have a few ?'s

Hello, I am currently deployed overseas and i am looking at ordering some new modifications for my truck. I will be home soon and i was wanting to know if any of you had any input as too what type of gauges, intercooler, and exhaust that i should purchase.

Any input would be much appreaciated.

1994.5 F-350 PSD single cab 5 speed tranny.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:46 PM
KevinC.
Elder User
first off welcome home! now for the truck... if it is stock you have to start with intake and a downpipe. go with the napa6637 or equivelent. and any 2 piece 3" downpipe and a cat delete. as for the intercooler, unless you are rollin in cash and can afford the 1500.00 banks system i would fab one yourself. most people go with a 6.0 intercooler and early 99 piping. for the guages, since you have a manual you really dont need a tranny temp guage. so go with pyro, boost, and engine temp. (my personal opinion) and send your pcm to jody at dp tuner and have it reflashed to the latest programming and he can stack a chip on it too.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to FTE and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

The above is good advice.

Gauges brands to stick with are Autometer, Isspro, and Hewitt. Maybe one other but I can't think of it.

Ditch the factory air box its junk no matter what filter is in it. The 6673 is great. Many good exhuast systems to get. Tymar performance has good prices and good product from what I understand.

Intercoolers depend on your ability to fabricate. Here is a thread that will give you some reading
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...installed.html
Pictures for the thread above
Retrofit Intercooler pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots
and another page that is a good example
Tims I/C Page example

Old 01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Eric_F250
Senior User
the HPX mod is a good one too. 50 bucks + 15 minutes = smooth/more quiet idle.

another is the clutch bushing fix.
video here: POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners

where have you been deployed? thank you for your service, and please make it home safe/sound!!!