1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

I own the Most Viewed Ford Truck in the World according to Google Images

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
happyhondarider
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own the Most Viewed Ford Truck in the World and do not make a penny

I took some photos of a bikini girl 9 years ago against the back of my '66 Ford Pickup Tailgate.

Now if you go to the Google website here is the proof!

If you search Google Images or AOL and type in "Ford Trucks" or "Ford Truck" I rate either number 1 or 3 in listing. I do not know why my truck got picked out other than the bikini image. I do not understand how ratings are selected.

I was assuming if I rank number 1 for Ford Trucks on Google images that would mean my truck photo is the most viewed. Maybe a webmaster can help me on this if there is money to be made here.

Anyway some cheap guys with Ford.com type websites seem to be using my chick and tailgate for attracting viewers to direct them to their website. They even have my photo on their websites. I never sold my images to anyone.

Is this worth bringing up to the people selling stuff by suckering over viewers using my image, should I tell to go out and hire their own models since they are commercial?

If would not bug me if they were just promoting Ford Collectors such as a dot org.

I have the truck still. I paid this model $300 9 years ago. Her name is Amy Lynn Anderson out of Orange County California. Go ahead and google model Amy Lynn Anderson and you will see that I am for real in what I am stating here.

I was wondering this: If my photo gets picked up number 1 under google images how many hits would be going to the image thieves who are running ford truck web sites?

It would seem that Google is pretty big and people worldwide would be searching Ford Trucks over 100,000 times a day. That is a lot of free traffic considering I paid this model $300 and never made a dime off my photos.

Am I being an Ahole? What would you do? I doubt someone would allow me to use their photos to make money.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
WA-SuperPickle
Junior User
Hi there, just joined today (will have a blurb up shortly). I say e-mail them and let them know that you don't want them to use your "Intellectual Property" without written authorization and compensation; essentially a "cease and dissist" order. You're protected and they should compensate you for the use of your image. Most people aren't aware of I.P. rights, and will most likely remove the image. Who knows, you could give them a price and they may just pay it. I'd advise charging them like $250/mo as long as it's up, then you have residual income.

I just looked up the photo... DAMN!! >

Last edited by WA-SuperPickle; 01-05-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
happyhondarider
New User
Thanks a lot. I was not trying to be greedy here but I found my truck by accident on google images. I was thinking they must be pulling in a ton of traffic everytime someone looks up "Ford Trucks" That has to be worth something if the photo is coming up number 1 on google. It does not seem to show on Yahoo.

What I could probably do is tell the model she is being used commericially and let her get on them. I found different sellers of Ford Parts using the image. I do not know if they make any money but I know they have to be pulling in a ton of traffic if I am correct.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 PM
WA-SuperPickle
Junior User
I think you're right on both; she's beautiful! They're pulling in traffic, but they ARE a business and you can attribute essentially every sale to the photo, if it's on the main page. I say EACH of you should be compensated; it is her body, but you shot the photo.

Good luck and I hope it works out however you want it to.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
Rider, Using others photos on websites is a very common practice these days. You wanted others to see it so you posted it and now others are using it.

As noted it is your property, and you have a right for it not to be used without your permission. Before you do anything talk to an attorney to find out if there is anything to recover past his fees. You might win a $50,000.00 lawsuit but if it cost you $55,000.00 to get it, what was it worth.

If you want your photo to remain #1 don't do anything. You can stop the company from using it but the photo is already all over the net and God know who's hard drive.

I get amused when I see one of my photos on a website or in a place that you never expected, but that is the way of the world today.

If you think that I don't know what I'm talking about start posting images of Dale Earnhart, they have a full time photo police force.

John

Old 01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
billy12360
Elder User
Originally Posted by jowilker
Rider, Using others photos on websites is a very common practice these days. You wanted others to see it so you posted it and now others are using it.

As noted it is your property, and you have a right for it not to be used without your permission. Before you do anything talk to an attorney to find out if there is anything to recover past his fees. You might win a $50,000.00 lawsuit but if it cost you $55,000.00 to get it, what was it worth.

If you want your photo to remain #1 don't do anything. You can stop the company from using it but the photo is already all over the net and God know who's hard drive.

I get amused when I see one of my photos on a website or in a place that you never expected, but that is the way of the world today.

If you think that I don't know what I'm talking about start posting images of Dale Earnhart, they have a full time photo police force.

John
you never know... if something about it got tossed to the news papers, it might become even more popular....

but would that mean... if a guy can sue over his truck and a model.... and im looking at adult rated web-sites, and i come across a picture of my daughter... could i sue the **** site? since my daughter was something i made? (not that i have a daughter, nor would she be old enough to be on a **** site....nor would i look at a **** site... just FTE i swear... and myspace... and youtube... but other then that my hard drive is clean **repeadtly presses the delete button** hahahahahahaha)

OK IM GOING BACK TO SLEEP NOW!!! BEFORE SOME ONE CALLS ME STUPID OR I GET BANNED WHICH WOULD REALLY SUCK CAUSE WHAT ELSE AM I SAPOST TO DO???????

Old 01-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just think how Amy lynn Anderson feels about being the most viewed model next to your ford and only made $300. bucks for it, Calling a lawyer would not cost anything, I would do it.

OK, now "IF" you paid 300 bucks each to 12 models and made a calender that was as popular as your photo...... just think how STINKING RICH you would be!

Welcome to the Club!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
FXDC4419
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bill W
Just think how Amy lynn Anderson feels about being the most viewed model next to your ford and only made $300. bucks for it, Calling a lawyer would not cost anything, I would do it.

OK, now "IF" you paid 300 bucks each to 12 models and made a calender that was as popular as your photo...... just think how STINKING RICH you would be!

Welcome to the Club!
Great observation , Bill.
Its not too late, He should Make the Calender.

Bill T.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would buy one!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
FXDC4419
Senior User
I would bet that he could sell the entire first print on this site alone.

Bill T.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 PM
instig8r63
Logistics Pro
Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts
Unless your photos are copyright protected there is nothing you can do.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
henry.509
Junior User
Nice Tailgate !! License Plate # 16-6925

I didn't even realize there was a truck in the picture until you mentioned it. If you click on ( see full size image ) it has a disclaimer - Image may be subject to copyright.
See if you can copyright your picture ? ..... To late image already in my hard drive ! Ha.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
th1567
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
poor man's copyright...send the document or image to your self in registered mail...don't open it till you've been infringed on.

The signature/cancelled stamp etc with accompanying dates are proof you own the rights from that date forward.

'tis something my publisher sister told me.. seems logical enough eh?

TH1567
Don't drive a Ford? Get a rope.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:53 AM
WA-SuperPickle
Junior User
I believe in this day and (technological) age, intellectual property is handled differently. There doesn't have to be a copyright on it... it's considered "art", and teh "artist" is protected. Look at Ansel Adams photography work.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 PM
SJ Bikesaws
Senior User
Well it IS a great looking "tail"gate.

Quick Reply: I own the Most Viewed Ford Truck in the World according to Google Images