Big Bronco FAQs - Page 9 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Bronco FAQs

Old 03-06-2017, 05:17 PM
New User

Joe Robertson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello. Not just new to the site but just bought my first bronco too. I came across a 95 Eddie Bauer 5.0 in excellent shape for a 22 year old 4x4. she had 31 10.50s but in the shop now getting a 2" skyjacker sus lift and 33 Mickey Thompsons and a set of 17" wheels. Looking forward to looking through the site. Oh btw first thing I had to do was loose those factory steps.....awful.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:44 AM
Junior User

black & blue 78/9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What am I missing?????

I ready thru the FAQ and the actual first FAQ does not appear until about post 78 and it is the only one. Why is this a "Read First" stickie if none of the posts actually give answers to FAQ. The responses say to post a new post. There is nothing is this other than "start a new post"
I thought this would be a brain dump of information like in the truck FAQ.
Whine is over.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:29 AM
New User

moriordan410 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up I agree completely black & blue 78/9

OK I have 93 bronco 4x4 manual transmission with a 302 I just bought for 500 because it needed a fuel pump and carrier bearing but turns out the pump was just dsiconnected and the rear end was real stiff but it's all good now. Well anyway it has engine block warmer but I can't find where to plug it in. That's all I'm lacking to be complete. Can you steer me. A direction?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:09 PM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black & blue 78/9 View Post
I ready thru the FAQ and the actual first FAQ does not appear until about post 78 and it is the only one. Why is this a "Read First" stickie if none of the posts actually give answers to FAQ. The responses say to post a new post. There is nothing is this other than "start a new post"
I thought this would be a brain dump of information like in the truck FAQ.
Whine is over.
The "Read First" designation is there for the WEBSITE that is listed in the very first thread. THAT is where the FAQ's are. Everything beyond that initial post in this thread are just things that people have added later.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:06 PM
Junior User

tassmannn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriordan410 View Post
OK I have 93 bronco 4x4 manual transmission with a 302 I just bought for 500 because it needed a fuel pump and carrier bearing but turns out the pump was just dsiconnected and the rear end was real stiff but it's all good now. Well anyway it has engine block warmer but I can't find where to plug it in. That's all I'm lacking to be complete. Can you steer me. A direction?
Funny,I thought only diesels had block heater....interested in responses
Old 10-06-2017, 12:35 AM
Senior User

RenoHuskerDu is starting off with a positive reputation.
BroncoNube here, never had a Bronco. My wife doesn't want to drive an F250 so I thought a Bronco might be good for her. I read the Infogalactic page on Broncos and see that there were many changes over the years...

My question is which year is the best Bronco? given that I want that manual transfer case lever on the floor but nice comfort stuff for my wife? Is this the right forum to ask in? I read that the AOD can be beefed well for about $3k. The E4OD is spendier to beef. I'd rather have the big Windsor block, but a crate motor would fix any weak motor issues. Good lift kits are still out there.

What do you think? Which is the best year?