Big Bronco FAQs - Page 8 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Bronco FAQs

Old 10-27-2015, 03:42 PM
New User

Duane Fox is starting off with a positive reputation.
New to the forum, Hello

I Just pickup a 1996 Ford Bronco. It has a 351 Lighting Eng. 5.8L. It Needs some love but it's going to be fun.....
Old 01-13-2016, 09:59 PM
New User

Scott Rabb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great site!

My stepdad gifted me his 96 bronco after I said I wanted it when he was done with it. I waited 19 years to get the call. I finally registered after finding answers to just about anything I needed. Never even had to post. Great job on the site!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:55 AM
Post Fiend

GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.
Marti Report

For those of you who are like me and you want to know the deep dark details of your Bronco, there is a great thing called Marti Report. Basically its like a build sheet, they take your VIN and tear it down, then send you all the details. It isn't exactly cheap but I found it totally worth it for my 78.

Here is the website:

https://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

They can replicate a new metal door tag, and a sticker. They can list all the options your truck came with and more!
It isn't only for Broncos, but most Ford vehicles.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Michigan Chapter Ldr

Toyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputation
What kind of cost is involved in that Dylan.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:37 AM
Post Fiend

GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.GruesomeJeans has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman View Post
What kind of cost is involved in that Dylan.
The total before shipping was about $116. Its about $46 for the Deluxe version, plus I added the optional metal door tag, the inspection sticker, and having the paper printed. They will send a PDF file to your email with the details.

Like I said, it isn't totally cheap, but worth it to me. They go upwards of $200+.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:13 AM
Michigan Chapter Ldr

Toyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputationToyman has a superb reputation
That's not bad at all, lots of information. and having the correct looking door tags again is awesome.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:28 AM
Post Fiend

Yup! It does take a while though. The PDF comes in a few weeks but it took longer for the physical stuff to arrive. I wasn't overly happy about that but once it arrived I forgot that.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:53 PM
Posting Guru

Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.
Well that's just something! I think I just found out some useful information from the Big Bronco FAQs I've skipped over before. I've had this clunk when I take off for quite some time now that I wasn't sure where it was coming from. I had the U-joints changed and some other things so I figured I'd get around to finding out what it is when I change out my ball joints and the rest of the front end.

I know I've read the Big Bronco FAQs page before, but I skipped over the part about the clunking noise! I guess I better check that slip joint in the drive-shaft and grease it up! It never hurts to go back and read over things, even after 9 years!
Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Posting Guru

masseysbronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got a Bronco because I like the fusion of old and new technology on my 1993 EB. Its got a removable top and smoke windows, but has leather seats, overhead console (OK added but close) , ABS, and a MUCH more refined interior than the K5 Blazer or Ram Charger. If you like the full size, "milk carton" looking SUV's; the 92-96 Ford Bronco is the final iteration of that design.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Senior User

Edds is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
For those of you who are like me and you want to know the deep dark details of your Bronco, there is a great thing called Marti Report. Basically its like a build sheet, they take your VIN and tear it down, then send you all the details. It isn't exactly cheap but I found it totally worth it for my 78.

Here is the website:

https://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

They can replicate a new metal door tag, and a sticker. They can list all the options your truck came with and more!
It isn't only for Broncos, but most Ford vehicles.
That is awesome! I will do one for y bronco. Do you know if they can do a '54 f100?
Old 04-04-2016, 03:13 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edds View Post
That is awesome! I will do one for y bronco. Do you know if they can do a '54 f100?
They shouldn't haven't any issues doing it for you. They do amolst any Ford.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Senior User

Edds is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans View Post
They shouldn't haven't any issues doing it for you. They do amolst any Ford.
Cool, I'll do it sometime in the future then.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Used OEM parts guy

77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future77&79F250 has a brilliant future
Nice info on how the Bronco came about. The Bronco At 50: A History Of Ford?s Trail Pony

Cool to see the concept drawing and the Shorthorn idea.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:58 AM
New User

kathaleen archer is starting off with a positive reputation.
love this website . I wirk on my truck myself a lot and it's great to have a go to place for solutions and ideas !!!!
Old 03-01-2017, 12:55 PM
New User

Tyrell Williams is starting off with a positive reputation.
My bronco

Yes I have 1983 ford bronco with C6 transmission but I would like to avoid a four-speed transmission and what is the best translation that I can put in my bronco?