2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions, HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact teh Zone Sales Manager for Ford, and be polite. Let them know how upset you are, as well as insulted at the trade allowance offered. That person has the authority to offer you a deal, and probably will. Make sure you tell him you are on this forum and will keep hundreds of other Ford owners posted on your progress, and do not be afraid to tell him also that you will be sending a certified letter to the CEO of Ford if there is no progress. However, it is important that you do not lose your cool; be polite, but firm and don't be afraid to tell them the offer you consider to be fair. Keep us posted on your progress....................

Old 01-04-2009, 04:58 PM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Like the Junior Brantley song...it's cheaper to keep her!

You haven't said how the conversation with the General Manager went.

The other two things I'd research before blowing your stack are:
1. How far off are the NADA numbers right now? There was a thread in the Buying Advice forum here on FTE recently regarding how the various blue book values were all way too high.
2. In the best of times, how much would an engine swap reduce the value of the truck?

11K may still be too low. But I question that you would get the NADA number with the truck market slow at present - and February is going to be hard on a lot of dealers. There are still lots of 2008s to move, too, and your truck would be cometing against those.

I wouldn't get too upset about the trade-in offer. IMHO there are too many other factors clouding the situation to take it as a personal insult.

Good luck,

Old 01-04-2009, 05:08 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by HankMurphy
Like the Junior Brantley song...it's cheaper to keep her!

You haven't said how the conversation with the General Manager went.
Because I haven't HAD the conversation with him yet.

The other two things I'd research before blowing your stack are:
1. How far off are the NADA numbers right now? There was a thread in the Buying Advice forum here on FTE recently regarding how the various blue book values were all way too high. NADA says my truck is worth 24,850. 24850-11000=13850 of the NADA book which is all we use in Colorado.
2. In the best of times, how much would an engine swap reduce the value of the truck? It's a BRAND NEW ENGINE, REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY. It shouldn't drop the price at all.

11K may still be too low. Ya' Think? But I question that you would get the NADA number with the truck market slow at present - and February is going to be hard on a lot of dealers. There are still lots of 2008s to move, too, and your truck would be cometing against those. My truck is CHERRY and only has 8500 miles on it. It sits in the garage, out of the sun and weather except for when I'm driving it.

I wouldn't get too upset about the trade-in offer. IMHO there are too many other factors clouding the situation to take it as a personal insult. IMHO you'd be just as p!ssed as I was, but if not, then I'd LOVE to sell you your next vehicle.

Good luck,
Now I have to add 10 characters.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Die Thread, Die!!! Just Go Away And Die!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
azfordf100man
Elder User
So, what are you going to do? Whatever makes YOU happy is all that matters.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by azfordf100man
So, what are you going to do? Whatever makes YOU happy is all that matters.
I'm taking the truck to the Longmont dealership tomorrow for the exhaust leak, swinging back up here to talk to the General Manager, and then deciding whether or not I'll ever deal with that dealership again. If they can fix the truck this time, then I might keep it. It's not like I drive it a whole bunch, but when I do, I prefer not to have cranks break, hear exhaust leaks, etc.

I'm not a Ford basher. With the exception of one POS Chevy, that's all I've ever owned. However, if Ford is unwilling or incapable of making my truck like new again, I will get rid of it, and buy something that works for me. I will also do my damnest to make sure none of the people I've referred (including one company who purchased 8 trucks, then 20 through fleet sales) will use them again.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 AM
laketrout
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChargersFanInCO
I paid 36 cash with a 42 MSRP for the Lariat. GOD that dealership has me torqued!! I have bought so many cars from them over the years.
Maybe they just figured out that you are a Chargers fan