Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

January Chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bill. Glad you're OK. Did the intersection have a camera on it? We have quite a few here checking for red light runners. If the light was still yellow when you went through, that means her's was still red, and you should be in the clear. Keep in touch with your ins. company to see how it is going though, at first sign of trouble you better get a lawyer.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bill I'm glad you are ok and I hate to say it , but I would listen to Mark!! lol.... No really, He is right in this situation. Get one and do what he or she say's, again glad you are ok

Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look underneath the bed Bill...I would bet you have a bent frame...all the weight of the trailer and sudden stop syndrome...

Was it your insurance company or hers? Bill...

Old 01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bill, Good advice. As a business Owned Vehicle the other driver and her lawyer will see big bucks signs...

Retain an attorney.

Good to talk to you again and i hope to get to Tuscon soon for some steakfingers.

Garbz

Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
Originally Posted by liftedgrocerygetter
Take pics Rob, us on FTE are a very visual group and love pictures, at least I do
Here's a few "before" pictures. I'm 95% done with the taping, but the dogs need walked, so I'm taking a break. When I get back, about 20 minutes of taping, then I start cutting, then bust out the big roller. Hopefully my work will meet Bill's approval. Oh, and my wife's too.

The blue-taped rectangle is the ceiling part of an alcove in our room. Hopefully it'll stay white. The windows and the doorway into the bathroom have rounded corners, so hopefully I've eyeballed the tape lines well enough. A few hours and we'll know.

Attached Images    
Old 01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Good job Rob, I do that kind of thing for a living.... But i don't use any tape.

Here is a tip: use a little latex caulk on the tape edge (very little) wipe off excess with damp rag, and then you have NO Bleed through (under the tape edge).
Makes for a clean line!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
PilotRob
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bill W
Good job Rob, I do that kind of thing for a living.... But i don't use any tape.

Here is a tip: use a little latex caulk on the tape edge (very little) wipe off excess with damp rag, and then you have NO Bleed through (under the tape edge).
Makes for a clean line!
Yeah I'm not good enough to go tapeless. I'm still in the minor leagues of painting. No caulk at the house for this room, but I very much appreciate the advice, and will try it as we continue to paint. I always wanted a way to fix that.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Makes for a clean line!

Great tip, I'll try it.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend

Makes for a clean line!
Bill are you still ok, with the wreck and all I thought I would ask. You brought back memories when you mention painting. I starting painting when I was 14, my Daddy bought and sold houses. I started out sanding and puttying, it was years before I got to hold a paint brush and then I used it as a duster.lol I was also the one that burn the paint pots and kept the truck clean.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
David, I sure am! i just have some pain in my left leg where i hit the arm rest.

as for your other comment....lol, i remember just being the guy who masked and did the prep, i've caulked press board shelfs till my fingers bleed! put food on the table, I have been a painter for 25 + years and have owned my own company since 1993 and till now have always been lucky to have as much work as i want to do, this year was the first year in 6 years that the end numbers fell short.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
How's the painting comming along Rob....

Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
tin-man
Post Fiend
These times are tough, but normally if your work is good it speaks for itself. I retired from HVAC contracting/Teacher, now I'm ready to go back to work!!lol

Old 01-30-2009, 06:46 AM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Good Morning AZ!

52* right now....much warmer than yesterday at this time!

I got PT at 7 am catch ya later!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:38 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,908 Likes on 1,187 Posts
morning all it is Friday

Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Good Morning, Arizona!!

It's a crisp 21* here, but we have beautiful blue skies!!!

Have a great day!

Quick Reply: January Chat