2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 06 2wd with new TT mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 05:06 PM
krane operator
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are only for signals.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:12 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
ok thanks. Do you think theirs a way tp wire them up to keep them on all the time?

Old 12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
dnorris80
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
including the mirrors, didn't you have to get the fuse pack and what about the controls for the dash to operate the heater part

thanks

they look great

Old 12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
krane operator
Tuned
Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
ok thanks. Do you think theirs a way tp wire them up to keep them on all the time?
Yes everything is possible. It can be hardwired into the trucks parking lights but would only be visible to the people behind and probably lose signal funcion . IF you have an 06 lariat you just have to move a ground wire(black) of the trucks harness to a diffrent location and thats it. Everything will work except for the puddle.

Originally Posted by dnorris80
including the mirrors, didn't you have to get the
fuse pack and what about the controls for the dash to operate the heater part

thanks

they look great
Thanks, if you have a lariat or have the heating for mirrros on the truck that works than no. YOu can hardwire everything in (if done correctly) with toggle controls and control the heat as it is not constant on. Alot of folks want to keep the install as stock as possible so thats why the order the control and fuse block. I installed the lariat mirros on my brothers stx with no power and we hard wired in the signals than the heat with a toggle switch and left the pwr mirror option unhooked(truck had no pwr mirrors). So everything is possible.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Muddedprairie
Senior User
I can't wait to install the mirrors on my 06 FX4. I do not have heated mirrors as of now. That is not my concern. I just want my turn signals to work....

Mark

Old 12-21-2008, 08:56 PM
krane operator
Tuned
MudPrairie, they will definetly look bad azz with that truck in you sig.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Muddedprairie
Senior User
Thanks K O... My truck is set up the way i want it now... I get props where ever i go.... As soon as i get the stupid out of me and post pic's you guys will see.... This is the last mod as of now i will do.. but hey you never know.... there may be more...

Mark

Old 12-21-2008, 11:24 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by krane operator
Yes everything is possible. It can be hardwired into the trucks parking lights but would only be visible to the people behind and probably lose signal funcion . IF you have an 06 lariat you just have to move a ground wire(black) of the trucks harness to a diffrent location and thats it. Everything will work except for the puddle.

Thanks, if you have a lariat or have the heating for mirrros on the truck that works than no. YOu can hardwire everything in (if done correctly) with toggle controls and control the heat as it is not constant on. Alot of folks want to keep the install as stock as possible so thats why the order the control and fuse block. I installed the lariat mirros on my brothers stx with no power and we hard wired in the signals than the heat with a toggle switch and left the pwr mirror option unhooked(truck had no pwr mirrors). So everything is possible.

Thanks krane operator. Ill find out soon which way i will wire them as they will arrive on weds!

Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Muddedprairie
Senior User
I'm with you I E H,

I can't wait for wed morning.....

Old 12-27-2008, 11:56 AM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
I got another ques. So alls i need to do inorder to get my turn sigs to work is switch number 8 black wire to the number 9 empty location on the 16 pin connector? My truck didnt come with turn sigs, heated or puddle lamps stock. THe pins on my connector match up with the pins that are on tascas diagram.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Muddedprairie
Senior User
I installed my new mirrors and my turn sig's work and my power works... Only thing that dose not work are the puddel lamps..that are in the new mirrors. But everything eles works like factory. The new mirrors pluged right in to my stk conectors and all is good.]]mark

Old 01-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Spaceman Spiff
Junior User
Hi, how long did it take you guys to switch over the mirrors? Is it complicated or pretty simple? I have an 08 Supercrew XLT that has factory heat and signals. So from what I gathered the Tasca tow mirrors will just plug and play into the stock harness? To get the puddle lights to work I would have wire them separately? Do the mirrors fold in?

Thanks

Spiff

Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Spaceman Spiff
Junior User
Hi, in regards to the part numbers are both of these numbers for left & right pwr, signal and heat? Or is the first number for a non powered version of the mirror?

Mirror part #
7L3Z-17683-AE
7L3Z-17682-AE These are for pwr,puddle,signal, heat

Old 01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
Hi, how long did it take you guys to switch over the mirrors?
Took me about 2 hours a door, but that was swamping pins locations and wiring in the puddle lamp, which you do not have to do.

Is it complicated or pretty simple?
It was straight froward with the diagrams and instructions I had.

I have an 08 Supercrew XLT that has factory heat and signals. So from what I gathered the Tasca tow mirrors will just plug and play into the stock harness?
yes, just plug and play. You don't even have to switch any pins around since you have an 08.

To get the puddle lights to work I would have wire them separately? Do the mirrors fold in?
No, again since you have an 08 the puddle lamp wire is already in the door, just plug the new mirrors in and you will be set. Yes they fold in manually just like your current mirrors. They can also be pulled out farther to see even more behind you.

I say 30 minutes per door max.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Hi, in regards to the part numbers are both of these numbers for left & right pwr, signal and heat? Or is the first number for a non powered version of the mirror?

Mirror part #
7L3Z-17683-AE
7L3Z-17682-AE These are for pwr,puddle,signal, heat
Yes they are power, heat, signal, and puddle lamp.

7L3Z-17683-AE (Left)

7L3Z-17682-AE (Right)

Quick Reply: My 06 2wd with new TT mirrors