Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

converting bolt pattern

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 06:55 PM
fomoco1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
converting bolt pattern

i have a 79' f100 with disc brakes on the front. of course it has the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. Wheel selection for this truck is limited, and in many cases the wheels are higher priced than others if you need special backspacing. The rear axles would be a breeze to redrill to say 5 on 4.5 and change the rear drums, but i am curious about the front rotors. i know that most cars and trucks can be redrilled, but the center hub on this truck is pretty large, and may not accept the smaller bolt pattern. have any of you tried this? whell adaptors are not an option to me, they move the wheel out an inch or more, and thus kill the look of the wheel with maximum backspacing. Also, do to the business I am in I have many ford car billet wheels around, and being able to interchange wheels from my truck and car would be beneficial. i do have a qualified machine shop to do the conversion, and since i am doing the body work on his model A, i could trade out the cost. Anyhow, I am not certain i want to do this, just thought i would get some input from those of you in the know. thanks ***** fomoco1

Old 01-01-2002, 10:23 PM
motorhead
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
converting bolt pattern