New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Hello from Ronin007

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello from Ronin007

Hey everyone. Long time no chat. Glad to see a lot of you are still around and Neil is hanging in there as your fearless leader.

Didn't realize I had been away as long as I have been. Things have been crazy as usual at home and work. Really needed to take the time away from the forums. I had to come on tonight to figure out why my heater blower on the Super Duty will sometimes work and other times not. Figured while I was researching that I would stop in to say "hi" to everyone.

Well take care everyone. I will try not to be away as long next time.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:35 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 306 Likes on 281 Posts
Darren.... glad to see you around and I am glad to hear that things in your life is about as hectic as the rest of ours. As you stated, do not be a stranger and hopefully you can get your heater blower issue figured out.

Take care

Old 12-07-2008, 04:59 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hope you're well Darren......

Old 12-07-2008, 07:27 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 851 Likes on 769 Posts
Hey Darren, good to hear from you. Sounds like things are as hectic for you as everyone else. Hope you are doing ok.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lenny1carl
Hope you're well Darren......
Hey Carl!! Sorry I missed your birthday so happy belated!!

As to my health, I was just given a clean bill of health in regards to my cancer and they switched me from a 3-month checkup routine to 6-month.

The only downside is my wife has to have surgery at the end of this month so we are dealing with that.

Thanks Neil and George!!

Old 12-08-2008, 03:39 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Darren..thanks for the b'day wish..you got the point of my question. I'm very glad to hear of the 6mo. check up schedual. Next goal,, once a yr baby!!!!
Tell the Mrs. we'll keep good thoughts for her.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Darren..thanks for the b'day wish..
You are welcome.

..you got the point of my question. I'm very glad to hear of the 6mo. check up schedual. Next goal,, once a yr baby!!!!
Yes I did get the point of your question and yes I agree the next goal is 1 year checkups. I am just glad I don't have to have CT scans any more. I have terrible veins so having the IV put in me for the dye is a royal pain.

Tell the Mrs. we'll keep good thoughts for her.
Thanks Carl, I will. She has to have a saliva duct removed which is not a problem other than they have to cut right next to her carotid artery which is very scary.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:53 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Rap on the blower motor when it won't start - the brushes might be shot. And, use a meter or test light and see if it's getting power when it won't run.

Oh, and long time no type!

Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Ronin007
Yes I did get the point of your question and yes I agree the next goal is 1 year checkups. I am just glad I don't have to have CT scans any more. I have terrible veins so having the IV put in me for the dye is a royal pain.
Nan was the same way. We were SOOO glad we'd done the port for the chemo because there ()was only 1 tech in 4 hospitals that could do a dye IV without blowing a vein!

Old 12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by krewat
Rap on the blower motor when it won't start - the brushes might be shot. And, use a meter or test light and see if it's getting power when it won't run.
Art - it was a loose connection at the blower motor. All is fine now. Now I have to figure out my lack of heat in my project Ranger.

Good to hear from you too.

Nan was the same way. We were SOOO glad we'd done the port for the chemo because there ()was only 1 tech in 4 hospitals that could do a dye IV without blowing a vein!
Carl - I can't totally blame the techs as I have really bad veins, but I have had some techs that just didn't get the fact that fishing for a vein in someone's arm does not feel good.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:17 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Originally Posted by Ronin007
Carl - I can't totally blame the techs as I have really bad veins, but I have had some techs that just didn't get the fact that fishing for a vein in someone's arm does not feel good.
The small problem that I have is that the veins are not very visible in my arm for drawing blood for test. Once and awhile I will get a new tech and they deciede to go on a fishing expedition. What I tell them is how would you like it if I went fishing for the vein in your arm. After that they tend not to do it anymore.... or maybe my size scares the you-know-what out of them

Darren, I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts for a successful operation.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:18 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Oh and what is this of a 'project' Ranger???? Do tell

Old 12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
I shoulda been a junkie - I'm about 80 pounds overweight and my veins are still visible... never had a problem with them taking blood, that's for sure.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tiny1
Darren, I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts for a successful operation.
Thanks Neil. I will let the wife know.

Originally Posted by tiny1
Oh and what is this of a 'project' Ranger???? Do tell
During the summer a friend of mine called me up and asked if I wanted his Ranger that had been sitting in his yard for 8 months. If I did, come get it. The Ranger is from SC and is pretty rust free. Right off it needed a fan clutch, water pump, 4x4 shift motor, tune-up parts, and new fluids. I'm trying to figure out how larger of tires I want to put on it for wheeling so that I know how much of a lift to do. Been trying to find the time to work on it around the home and work schedules.

Originally Posted by krewat
I shoulda been a junkie -

Old 12-09-2008, 07:49 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Darren I was wondering if this 'project' would end up being your new wheeling rig and it sure sounds like it is and by the sounds of it, the price was right and at least this way it will be built the way you want it.

Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Hello from Ronin007