Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

DashDAQ II

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:53 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
DashDAQ II

I've added a review of the DashDAQ II to the articles section. It might be useful to the performance crowd here if you do data logging, or want digital gauges:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/article/..._And_More.html

The Ford Specific license for the device can data log over 5000 Ford specific PIDs (it will scan for the PIDs your PCM supports).

Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i was wanting to see my boost, fuel pressure, air to fuel ratio, and things like that will this do it just from pluging it into the odbII or am I going to need to install gauges?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
For boost you'll need an external guage plugged into on of the 3 boost plugs on the supercharger (I can get you pictures of these if you need them, 1 of the locations is more accurate than the others).

Air/fuel... the PCM will supply this and the DashDaq II can read this number but unfortunately the factory O2 sensors are "narrow" band and only return lean/rich readings instead of the true ratio. If you buy an Innovate Motorsports wideband adapter with its Bosch wideband O2 sensor the DashDAQ II has a software setting to read and display this.

Fuel pressure and other things the PCM supplies the DashDAQ II will display. On my 2006 Roush charged F150 it'll datalog several hundred different parameters, including transmission data, fuel pressure, fuel pump duty cycle (good to know if adding a larger boost pulley is maxing out the fuel pump), etc. Depending on which guage screen on the DashDAQ I select I can display up to roughly 25 at once.

If you want complete gauges to view just about everything you can imagine, I recommend an external boost gauge, wideband from Innovate connected to the DashDAQ II. You'll only have two things to look at: the boost gauge and the DashDaq, instead of several things to look at with traditional guages.

Now, there is a way to get the DashDAQ to display boost but I'm still working on that and if I come up with an easy, inexpensive solution I'm going to post it on the the DashDAQ forums. Some vehicles which come with a factory supercharger supply this information to the PCM and on those (Subaru WRX STi is an example) the DashDAQ will do it automatically.

I wish you were local, I'd meet up with you to show you the unit. If you do decide to get one give PHP (Power Hungry Performance) a call. They are an FTE sponsor and Bill is a nice guy (I've met him personally more than once). He can get you the mounting bracket the Edge programmer uses which can be easily modified to fit the DashDAQ -- looks stock.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol yah i wished i was local too, because basicly what you have done to your 04 i want to do all the same type stuff to my 05. I was thinking of just getting a pillar of pods but with this thing i can have WAY more gauges and for the money it looks well worth it.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Opps, made a typo (and have gone back and edited). My F150's a 2006. Its my Super Duty which is the 2004.

Its not cheap, but it'll end up cost as much or less as a guages, you don't have a ton of wiring to do (just plug it into the OBD2 port), you have hundreds of gauges available and you can add GPS if you want (don't know if you already have that or not).

Also, don't know if you know this, but there is a company that offers Ford diesel programming for the DashDAQ II. I'm hoping they soon add gas tuning. That would be extremely cool.