Sponsored by: Moser

First 1900 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
mistrtoad
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by berry1234
How is the shiffting from 2nd to 1st gear while rolling to a stop. Can you feel it shift at all?
With the new six speed, that's mostly a 3->1 downshift now, unless you don't accelerate past 2nd gear. And you will probably never feel it. You might hear it, though. Love that exhaust note.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by BlueOval5.0
Nice truck, essentially what I am looking for - SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 Long Bed with chrome package. The only thing I didn't care for were the wheels, are those 18's or 20's? EDIT- just read the first post. Ok, I'm going with the 18'' wheels. How do you like the back-up camera/reverse sensing?

Do you have any interior shots?

Best of luck with the truck and congrats.

Eric
It works great!

Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by berry1234
Are the wheels real chrome, or chrome clad covers?
Real chrome.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by BlueOval5.0
For me, it is the chrome bumpers and mirror caps. Don't ask me why, but it is a must have for me.
I had to have them also. I don't like the painted bumpers because at my 135 acre farm, I have to drive into brush sometimes, and the painted ones would scratch.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by IcemanV8
That is a NICE looking truck. Maybe I missed but is it the 5.4 or what engine?

It is the 5.4.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by mistrtoad
With the new six speed, that's mostly a 3->1 downshift now, unless you don't accelerate past 2nd gear. And you will probably never feel it. You might hear it, though. Love that exhaust note.
The exhaust does sound great.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Recall
Senior User
Man I can't stop looking at this thing it's so ncie you are one lucke SOB !

Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
I didn't get the Platinum because it had painted bumpers and they would get scratched on my farm going through the weeds, plus I like the chrome ones much better. I didn't like the brushed aluminum tailgate on the rear of the Platinum. I also didn't like the folding steps on the side because it doesn't protect the bottom of the doors as well as the larger chrome tube one. Plus the chrome looks better. I think my truck has everything the Platinum has except the emblem. List was $49K. The sony 700 watt system rocks.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Recall
Senior User
Very nice on the inside talk about pickup truck heaven ! p.S. I bet payment are in 600 to 700 range.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bowhunter2001
I didn't get the Platinum because it had painted bumpers and they would get scratched on my farm going through the weeds, plus I like the chrome ones much better. I didn't like the brushed aluminum tailgate on the rear of the Platinum. I also didn't like the folding steps on the side because it doesn't protect the bottom of the doors as well as the larger chrome tube one. Plus the chrome looks better. I think my truck has everything the Platinum has except the emblem. List was $49K. The sony 700 watt system rocks.
Below are the main differences. a few of them you can get if you get a upgraded option but most of it is platinum only options. But if ya not worried about the platinum options then ya can save ya self about $2500. I really liked the options that the platinum had over the lariat.

Satin finish grill with chrome mesh
Body color front/rear bumpers and wheel lip mouldings
chrome tow hooks (lariat option)
Platinum badges
Chrome door handles (lariat option)
power running boards
power fold mirrors
20" platinum wheels
Bright bodyside accent moldings
high gloss b pillar
chrome exhaust tip (lariat option)
satin finish tailgate applique
unique leather wrapped wheel with power tilt and mem
Unique brushed alu applique on center console and center panel
Unique 10 way leather seats
Heated and cooled seats (lariat option)
flow through console with unique leather trim lid and floor shifter
unique scuff plates and instrument cluster
power slideing rear window (lariat option)
rain senseing wipers
reverse senseing system (lariat option)
rear view cam (lariat option)

Old 11-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Below are the main differences. a few of them you can get if you get a upgraded option but most of it is platinum only options. But if ya not worried about the platinum options then ya can save ya self about $2500. I really liked the options that the platinum had over the lariat.

Satin finish grill with chrome mesh
Body color front/rear bumpers and wheel lip mouldings
chrome tow hooks (lariat option)
Platinum badges
Chrome door handles (lariat option)
power running boards
power fold mirrors
20" platinum wheels
Bright bodyside accent moldings
high gloss b pillar
chrome exhaust tip (lariat option)
satin finish tailgate applique
unique leather wrapped wheel with power tilt and mem
Unique brushed alu applique on center console and center panel
Unique 10 way leather seats
Heated and cooled seats (lariat option)
flow through console with unique leather trim lid and floor shifter
unique scuff plates and instrument cluster
power slideing rear window (lariat option)
rain senseing wipers
reverse senseing system (lariat option)
rear view cam (lariat option)
I got all the lariat optioned ones you have down plus many more.

The painted bumper was the number one reason I didn't get the Platinum. It would get to scratched up going through the weeds at my farm. I think the chrome bumpers look much better and will hold up much better for my applications. It looked like to much paint on the vehicle and it needed the chrome bumper and it wasn't an option on th Platinum. The painted bumper is the same as the FX4 and others.

I liked the chrome grill on the Lariat much better than the satin finish on the Platinum one. The chrome grill wasn't offered as an option on the Platinum, either.

I didn't like the power running boards because they didn't protect the bottom of the doors and the side of the truck, while it is moving, from rocks and mud flying up.

I didn't like the bright moldings on the platinum and you had to have them on it.

I didn't like the wheels on the Platinum and I think that was the only wheels offered. I liked the 20" chrome ones they offered on the Lariat.

My list was $48,700.00 on this truck with all the options I got.
Navigation w/ 700 watt sony
skid plates
power moon roof
Lariat plus package
universal garage door opener
rear view camera
reverse sensing system
tailgate step
20" chrome wheels
trailer brake controller
Lariat chrome package
5" chrome step bar
chrome power heated mirrors
leather captains seats
heavy duty rubber matts ( they are nice)
remote start system
heated cooled seats
power sliding window
3.55 limited slip rear end
bed liner

The Platinum was a nice truck, but, you can't get some of the options on the Platinum that you could get on the Lariat. The options that I couldn't get on the Lariat were not even close to the options I wanted on my Lariat and you can't get them on the Platinum.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
I got all the lariat optioned ones you have down plus many more.

The painted bumper was the number one reason I didn't get the Platinum. It would get to scratched up going through the weeds at my farm. I think the chrome bumpers look much better and will hold up much better for my applications. It looked like to much paint on the vehicle and it needed the chrome bumper and it wasn't an option on th Platinum. The painted bumper is the same as the FX4 and others.

I liked the chrome grill on the Lariat much better than the satin finish on the Platinum one. The chrome grill wasn't offered as an option on the Platinum, either.

I didn't like the power running boards because they didn't protect the bottom of the doors and the side of the truck, while it is moving, from rocks and mud flying up.

I didn't like the bright moldings on the platinum and you had to have them on it.

I didn't like the wheels on the Platinum and I think that was the only wheels offered. I liked the 20" chrome ones they offered on the Lariat.

My list was $48,700.00 on this truck with all the options I got.
Navigation w/ 700 watt sony
skid plates
power moon roof
Lariat plus package
universal garage door opener
rear view camera
reverse sensing system
tailgate step
20" chrome wheels
trailer brake controller
Lariat chrome package
5" chrome step bar
chrome power heated mirrors
leather captains seats
heavy duty rubber matts ( they are nice)
remote start system
heated cooled seats
power sliding window
3.55 limited slip rear end
bed liner

The Platinum was a nice truck, but, you can't get some of the options on the Platinum that you could get on the Lariat. The options that I couldn't get on the Lariat were not even close to the options I wanted on my Lariat and you can't get them on the Platinum.

Yeah def dont get the platinum if ya not worried about the bits it has over the lariat. I aint a chrome person so the chrome the platinum has im gonna get sprayed. The main reason i went for the platinum was the wheels, the better leather, power deploy running boards, auto senseing wipers (really miss these), Power fold mirrors, Body coloured bumpers. The other bits and pieces are just a bonus but i aint silly worried about them. My list was about $50,100 but invoice was $43000 minus the $2k incentive so in all cost me $41k. I looked at a 08 lariat with discounts 6 months ago and it was $36 so im paying 5k more for a lot better truck. The 09's aint priced to bad. I really wanna hear this sony audio pack as i was gonna upgrade it but i heard its a awesome system. How you finding it?

Old 11-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Bowhunter2001
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Yeah def dont get the platinum if ya not worried about the bits it has over the lariat. I aint a chrome person so the chrome the platinum has im gonna get sprayed. The main reason i went for the platinum was the wheels, the better leather, power deploy running boards, auto senseing wipers (really miss these), Power fold mirrors, Body coloured bumpers. The other bits and pieces are just a bonus but i aint silly worried about them. My list was about $50,100 but invoice was $43000 minus the $2k incentive so in all cost me $41k. I looked at a 08 lariat with discounts 6 months ago and it was $36 so im paying 5k more for a lot better truck. The 09's aint priced to bad. I really wanna hear this sony audio pack as i was gonna upgrade it but i heard its a awesome system. How you finding it?
It was a no brainer for me after I saw on the Platinum you couldn't get the chrome bumpers, grill, side chrome bars, and the chrome wheels. Rock chips on the painted bumpers would be a full time paint job on my truck. The chrome ones take much more punishment without having to be repainted because of chips. Same on the running boards. They tuck up out of the way and they don't give the protection to the side and the bottom of the doors for flying rocks. I really wanted the solid black ones that were on my 04 F250
Lariat truck, but they didn't offer them. They protected more than the tube ones. I bowhunt on my 135 acre farm that is an hour away. I think right now I have over 2200 miles on the ticker now.
I didn't see the interior on the Platinum. I looked at the King ranch but the interior was butt ugly to me.

The stereo rocks big time!
What color truck you getting?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
It was a no brainer for me after I saw on the Platinum you couldn't get the chrome bumpers, grill, side chrome bars, and the chrome wheels. Rock chips on the painted bumpers would be a full time paint job on my truck. The chrome ones take much more punishment without having to be repainted because of chips. Same on the running boards. They tuck up out of the way and they don't give the protection to the side and the bottom of the doors for flying rocks. I really wanted the solid black ones that were on my 04 F250
Lariat truck, but they didn't offer them. They protected more than the tube ones. I bowhunt on my 135 acre farm that is an hour away. I think right now I have over 2200 miles on the ticker now.
I didn't see the interior on the Platinum. I looked at the King ranch but the interior was butt ugly to me.

The stereo rocks big time!
What color truck you getting?
Yeah my truck wont be seeing much of road use. i heard platinum looks neater than the king ranch inside. I heard that the KR has some nasty looking seats! But not seen one in person yet. I have ordered the White tri sand metalic if it ever turns up. Cant wait to use the sound system and nav controls. Sounds like the chrome was def the best option for you then.

Quick Reply: First 1900 miles