1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

splitshot injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
tntitan00
5th Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
splitshot injectors

i know im still a newbie but have lots of questions lol..but here goes i have a 95 psd auto with 200k on it and i just replaced my injectors about a month ago and just realized that i put in splitshot injectors with an "AD" code instead of the factory single shots with an "AA" code now my question is do i need a pcm from a 98up psd for them to be at maximum performance.. cause i stated in another post about the engine sometimes still a little sluggish and am just wondering if i screwed up by putting these injectors in any help would be appreciated on what to do...thanks

Old 11-09-2008, 11:32 PM
ForemanES
Posting Guru
The only bad thing about them is they will need more from your HPOP. From my understanding you can run split shots on single shot programming but cant run single shots on split shot programming. haha

But I bet you can get some new programing and take advantage of the quieter split shots. Call DP tuner or Tony Wildman and talk with them about it. They will steer you the right way

Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
did you get new injectors or Reman injectors? if your "new" injectors are remaned or rebuilt they still may be AA but the just have AD soleniods on them.

I run AD's and they should not be the cause of your issues. But to get hte full potential out out of them a custom burned chip from DP or TW would be in order. They should give you the same power at stock but with a chip they will give you even more. TW burned my chip for the splits and its great!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:13 PM
tntitan00
5th Wheeling
They were new not remans made by alliant power. thanks for the info an how do i get in contact with TW and how much more power did you feel once you chipped it??

Old 11-10-2008, 09:39 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the CEL come on when you lose power? Does the CEL work? Do you get a loping idle at start up? I did have the lope idle at start up before I got the proper programming. Splits will run on single shot programming and run pretty good but with the right chip you will get alot more power.

Tony can be contacted through www.totaldieselperformance.com

Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 PM
tntitan00
5th Wheeling
no the cel doesent come on but im positive it works cause its came on in the past and comes on at every key cycle and describe the lope you guys refer too cause it doesnt always idle smooth...lol but i dont know if i would go as far as to say a lope...now i do have a code fr exhaust backpressure in the computer dealer told me it was probably a stpped up ebp tube so i bought one and have tryed tackling putting it in it looks pretty difficult... but what will it do for the not so smooth idle??