Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing my bench seat. Need some help.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:49 PM
tractorfan
Senior User
tractorfan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Replacing my bench seat. Need some help.

Hey guys,

I picked up some nice front seats with a center console at a salvage yard. Now I need to pick up some extra floor bolts. Will a local auto parts store carry these type? Or do I need to make a visit to the local Ford dealership? Thanks in advance.

Brett

Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
hucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to all
Congrats on finding a good set of seats. I've been looking for some since May. I'm not sure on the bolts. I'd check with Ed(FTEPartsGuy).

Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
tractorfan
Senior User
Originally Posted by hucka1a View Post
Congrats on finding a good set of seats. I've been looking for some since May. I'm not sure on the bolts. I'd check with Ed(FTEPartsGuy).
These seats had dirty seat covers. I removed them and the seats are like new. The best part is I only paid $75 for the 3 pieces!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:01 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks
bfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to behold
When I did mine, I just used regular grade 5 bolts. If I remember correctly they are metric. Barney

Old 11-07-2008, 07:14 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
hucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to allhucka1a is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tractorfan View Post
These seats had dirty seat covers. I removed them and the seats are like new. The best part is I only paid $75 for the 3 pieces!
DUDE! You Suck! Dang, good price bro. BTW...Would you take $300. for them?. Good Job, man.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 PM
orng1
Postmaster
orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.orng1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Wow that's a great price, and a nice find. I'd love to change the seats in my truck but it's just a regular cab and at odd times I do have to carry more than 2 people.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM
tractorfan
Senior User
DUDE! You Suck! Dang, good price bro. BTW...Would you take $300. for them?. Good Job, man.

I guess I am lucky. Now I just need to purchase a lottery ticket!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tractorfan View Post
I guess I am lucky. Now I just need to purchase a lottery ticket!
Yeah, just make sure that Jim goes in half with ya on the lotto ticket. You two would be unstoppable.lol
No joke, that last "good" seat that I've found locally went for 700 bucks.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:07 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend
jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
Wow you got a good deal there Brett I have been trying to find someone to trade my leather bench out with a leather buckets. Huck we will find you some seats one day.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:11 PM
tractorfan
Senior User
Yeah, just make sure that Jim goes in half with ya on the lotto ticket. You two would be unstoppable.lol
No joke, that last "good" seat that I've found locally went for 700 bucks.
$700! I don't need them that bad!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Markadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant future
Seems to me they're jumbo torx. If so, I'll bet they are a dealer item. If you're gonna do it, might as well do it right.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:23 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jdecker88 View Post
Wow you got a good deal there Brett I have been trying to find someone to trade my leather bench out with a leather buckets. Huck we will find you some seats one day.
Man, I wish I would've known. There was a set of leather buckets on ebay that only brought $200.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:24 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend
jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
I was talking to a guy here but I haven't heard back from him. What is the color of your intior Gray?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Markadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant futureMarkadeck has a brilliant future
Man, I wish I would've known. There was a set of leather buckets on ebay that only brought $200.
How long ago, and what color? I sure need rear. I never will be able to afford to do my rear up to the standards that I did my front.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:43 PM
hucka1a
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Markadeck View Post
How long ago, and what color? I sure need rear. I never will be able to afford to do my rear up to the standards that I did my front.
Last week and they were Tan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing my bench seat. Need some help.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.