1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's like a new truck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 AM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile It's like a new truck!

So guys, my truck went into the shop on Moday to get my dentage removed. Believe it or not my truck was looking pretty beat up, someone keyed the entire left side, busted out a rear taillight, been rear ended, and had 3 cars hit the right side of the box. Not to mention my quad cab door was FUBAR and some pimpling on the front fender where I hit a turkey going 65. Almost forgot I needed a tailgate from when I got drunk and backed over about 30 yards of chain link fence row at my buddy's party.

Took the beast to Jim McFall's Collision in Flint, Man those guys are FREAKIN SWEET! Somehow they managed to squeeze all repairs through the insurance company and much to my chagrin, My ENTIRE TRUCK minus the roof is getting a fresh coat of True Blue Metallic and all signs of weathering removed

If you ever need work done, these guys know what they are doing, perform quality work, and give you a free loaner car! Right now i'm rocking an old whomped out Buick LeSaber (this thing is the sweetest beater ever)

Just wanted to give yall the FYI, these guys are awesome and my truck will look brand new right before I fly out to get my new car

Old 10-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Supercab
Lead Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Wink

Cool Deal for sure!!! I'll bet you were refered to them by other folks that have been more than satisfied with their work?? I know 1-2 places here in my area that I would let work on my vehicles, I have both their numbers and addresses in my glove box so God forbid there is an accident I can send my vehicle to 1 of them right from the scene!
Its good to always have someone that you can call on in case of trouble!
Glad to hear that your truck is geting fixed!!
Please consider what you mentioned about backing into the fence and don't drink and try to drive, it just isn't worth it!!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Ace!
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They got them all squeezed through insurance? Because they were valid claims, or did you just get everyone else's rates increased to pay for your truck?

Old 10-30-2008, 10:57 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ace!
They got them all squeezed through insurance? Because they were valid claims, or did you just get everyone else's rates increased to pay for your truck?

Valid or not, someone's rates are going to increase no matter what. Companies don't like to pay for things and they find some way to get it out of a rate hike.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
I don't know we'll see I have a little plan... you see when all the issues happened I had AAA insurance. I filed 4 comp claims/ collision broad form, then 3 months later I switched to Progressive Insurance. I was with Progressive a couple months, then had my claims repaired by AAA. When Progressive runs my renewal they just reorginate the same record they pulled when I subscribed to them, as long as there is no lapse in my coverage, I shouldn't have any issues

Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 AM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Supercab
Cool Deal for sure!!! I'll bet you were refered to them by other folks that have been more than satisfied with their work?? I know 1-2 places here in my area that I would let work on my vehicles, I have both their numbers and addresses in my glove box so God forbid there is an accident I can send my vehicle to 1 of them right from the scene!
Its good to always have someone that you can call on in case of trouble!
Glad to hear that your truck is geting fixed!!
Please consider what you mentioned about backing into the fence and don't drink and try to drive, it just isn't worth it!!
I know it! seriously every time I have ever screwed up anything automotive of mine I was pretty hammered... It took a bunch of bent sheet metal and a clobbered motorcycle to realize it, but I don't drink and drive no more. Plus, I really really really can't afford a DUI

Old 10-30-2008, 01:28 PM
ironmine
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and some pimpling on the front fender where I hit a turkey going 65
I had a kamikaze turkey hit my windshield while I was cruising on I-81 in Pennsylvania. It really destroyed and pushed in the windshield ..... my sons and I had a lot of glass dust/particles on us.

The turkey was in even worse shape.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:36 PM
5.4L to Freedom
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ironmine
I had a kamikaze turkey hit my windshield while I was cruising on I-81 in Pennsylvania. It really destroyed and pushed in the windshield ..... my sons and I had a lot of glass dust/particles on us.

The turkey was in even worse shape.
Mine kinda flew into me... it somehow pushed the bumper up into the fender, broke the corner lamp supports, and caused the fender to get wierd little pimples in it that the paint busted off of.

Oh well, I hope this guy comes through with an 08 tailgate

Old 10-30-2008, 06:48 PM
I.B. Washincars
Laughing Gas
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
FWIW, I sold the gate off my '08 to a local body shop. I was talking to him last week, he still has it and it's blue. I have no idea what he wants for it or if he would be willing to ship it from KY to you. If you want more info just PM me.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you, enjoy the fresh paint!