1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 07:59 PM
confederatemule
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was raised in a Garage. I made my living, as long as I was able to, as a mechanic. I was never a dealership mechanic. I worked as a general mechanic, repairing cars, trucks, heavy equipment, farm equipment, etc. I have a 1977 F-150 4x4. I have had it since Feb.1989. It is not running at this time, but I plan to put it back to road-ready before long.
I am sure I will enjoy this forum and there may be some way I can help someone.
Confederatemule

Old 04-01-2020, 11:39 PM
Euroman
Senior User
Received 375 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by LTD72
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm from Germany and I have a 2008 Ford Expedition. It's a great SUV, but it has few problems. I hope, I get some information and help here to fixed. Thank you to all. Sven
Whereabouts in Germany are you from?

Old 04-02-2020, 10:32 PM
Earl B Williamson
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Earl W.

Well I’m not a new member but for some reason the website didn’t recognize my email. I haven’t been on in a long long time though that may be why. Some of you older guys may remember my F100 that took 3rd place in a photo contest ran many years ago. I also organized a meet that ended up at fords on the grass in Rancho Cordova here is a pic of my past and current trucks

Current rig 2006 F250 lariat 6.0 Powerstroke.

Past truck 1979 F100 ranger ford 5.0 HO out of a mustang with overdrive trans.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:09 AM
dino1197
New User
Hello all, I am a 4x4 guy, I own part of a Rapid Prototype and Design Tool and Die shop (so if you ever need something just ask). I have a lot of vehicles (Dodge Ramcharger, Chevy Suburban, Hummer H1, Hummer H2, and a couple of resto mod cars). I just purchased a vehicle I have wanted for a long time and I am looking for any and all advice as I rebuild/modify it. I bought a 2000 Ford Excursion Limited V10. I am looking to get started on the vehicle today. Below is a list of items I appreciate any input on, honestly please help me. lol
1. Lift Kit (make and even size recommendations) what brands do I steer clear of and what is good, what kit is the most bang for the buck in quality and price. I am looking at doing a 4inch minimum lift and leaning towards a 6 inch lift.
2. Wheels and size of tires. If you have any information for maximum tire size I would greatly appreciate it. It was purchased with some MotoMetal 20 inch rims on it and I may keep them unless I can find a good deal on some "not blingy" but some stainless steel or polished chrome rims. Any thoughts on what is the best tire and rim combo with a 4 or 6 inch lift. Or even if staying at factory height and getting a max wheel size is the way to go.
3. Leather interior companies that I can purchase all three rows of leather seats and a possible jump seat in front. I am looking now to buy a jump seat for the front row because the center console is disgusting (unless you have some custom center consoles to recommend)
4. I want the vehicle to be badass looking (but not over done) I intend to use the V10 until and if it ever blows (190,000 miles on it now). The truck drives like it is brand new to be honest.
5. Interior Interior Interior... The body on the truck is laser straight and has absolutely zero rust or issues other than a dent in the front chrome bumper I am going to replace. The interior is ..... well it is a POOP show (did not want to say S##T show on the first day and post). I would love to find a single place to get a complete formed carpet set, Headliner, complete seat set, and even the small carpeted side panels etc. I need to get new door panels (they are nasty) or at least lower parts of the doors.
6. Last item (I apologize for even mentioning it here but I have 3 engines sitting and doing very little). I have 2 Cummins 12 valve engines that are both under 30k miles when I bought the totaled vehicles and pulled them. Complete drivetrain from a 5.9L Cummins, I also have a 6.6 Duramax LBZ. I do not want to use them unless I have too. I am in the market for a 99-2000 7.3L Power stroke with the forged steel connecting rods (if anyone has a lead or advice).
I am excited to be in this group and I do have a true 1965 (1964 1/2 ) Ford Mustang that is 100% numbers matching and restored. So I do have more than 1 Ford.
Any advice or leads are greatly appreciated. I am going to keep this excursion it will be in the NFS category. thanks again
D

Old 04-03-2020, 08:05 AM
AutocarMark
New User
Happy to be here!

I came across your site during my research process to purchase a used F450 or F550 Powerstroke as a farm and tow vehicle. The tow vehicle is needed to haul my multiple 1946-1947 Ford "2 ton" trucks from PA to TN so I can begin preservation and/or restoration. I am sure your site can help me with all of this!

Old 04-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Mainiac Matt
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Back in the saddle again

Greetings all....

Well the times are hard with all the quarantine junk going on...

But I'm psyched to say that I just bought a 2002 F250, 4WD, 5.4L, automatic trainy, Super Duty, set up with an 8' Fisher plow. The former owner was an excavation contractor that has done several jobs for me over the last two decades and always treated me right. Sadly, he had a stroke 6 years ago and has been wheel chair bound since. The truck has sat unused in his garage since his stroke and only has 70K miles on it. It has the older (2V) 5.4, and the front end is nice and tight. I know this guy took good care of all of his equipment and his SIL is an extremely capable mechanic. Just a very little bit of surface rust at the bottom of the front wheel wells. The bed is in great shape with only one small spot rusting through at the right rear wheel well. Frame has surface rust (we love our road salt up this way) but is solid.

Previous Ford trucks were:
'88 F150 2WD with fuel injected 300 straight six and a 5-speed stick (man I loved that engine)
2000 Ranger, 2WD with the 4 banger and a 5-speed stick and a cap

This 250 is going to replace my beater truck, which is a '78 GMC Sierra 2WD 1-ton, with duelies and a dump bed.

Did I say that I'm psyched!

Old 04-03-2020, 04:19 PM
dbb1porter
5th Wheeling
Hey guys,

New diesel owner, 05 F250, 160k miles and I have already learned a lot from this forum!! I fact I'm getting ready to post my first technical question. Not sure if the 6.0 forum or the 1999 - 2016 Super Duty is the best one to use for technical help.[***************]

Old 04-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Eco3.5Turbo
New User
F150 2019 XLT Black Agate (4mths old)

Greetings from Hopatcong NJ. On Nov. 23, 2019 I traded in my 2017 Platinum-Pathfinder for a new 2019 F150 from Maplecrest Ford in Mendham NJ. The F150 came equipped with a Twin Panel Moonroof, 3.55 RR Axle, Tow Pkg w/ Electronic Brake Controller, 7000# GVWR, 20" Six-Spoke wheels, 36 Gal GasTank, Toughbed Sprayed BedLiner, Locking Bed Cleats, and Ford OEM all-weather mats front/rear.

After market accessories (installed to date):
  • Low Profile FLEX Undercover Tonneau Cover (#FX21019)
  • Husky rear Wheel Well Liners (#79121)
  • Husky Front/Rear No-Drill Mud Flaps (#6548539)
  • OEM type Tailgate Assist Damper (eBay)
  • LINE-X Full Frame Undercoating (done by LineX)
  • RED "F150" TailGate Letters (Amazon)
  • AMP HD Bed Extender (#74813-01A)
  • AMP BedExtender No Drill Brackets (74602-01A)
  • AVG Dark Tint Low Profile Visors (#894044)
  • 7" RYDONAIR Antenna (#RD-RMSRDB)
  • JLT (Silver) Oil Catch Can, Oil Separator (#3016P-C)
  • DeeZee HD .375" Bed Mat (Stage3MotorSports)
  • Window Tint to match OEM, Both Front Doors (Frisbee WindowTint)
  • Rubber receiver Hitch Plug (eBay)
Future upgrades may include:
  • Full 3" Lift-Kit including upper control arms
  • LED HeadLamps and TailLamps, both with sequential turn signals
  • Black Mesh Lower Grill with LED lights (waiting to install)

• CupHolder Lighting Kit from F150Leds
  • Upgraded Exhaust, either cat-back or simply muffler replacement
  • Cold Air Kit
I'm glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to sharing of experiences, I'll post pictures once I figure out how to ...

be safe, -DJP

Old 04-03-2020, 05:57 PM
snadamo
New User
Hi All,

New member here. I just recently upgraded from a '11 F250 Lariat 6.2L Gasser to a '15 F250 Lariat 6.7 Diesel. It's my first diesel and this place comes up more often than not when researching. The truck has quite a few goddies in it; some of which I still need figuring out. Unfortunately haven't driven it a whole bunch, but it is a joy to drive, and a nice upgrade to my previous truck. I will most likely be lurking around the 6.7 forum to get a bit more acclimated to this beast of an engine.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:51 PM
mikezak16
New User
Newby

I purchased a 2012 F250 Super Duty in April, 2014 with 27,000 miles and 6.7 Diesel. Currently have 169,000 and it is still a pulling machine!

Old 04-04-2020, 06:34 AM
redflynn
New User
Hi All brand new member here I just purchase a Beautiful pristine 2004 Ford F-250 4 door 8 ft.bed with a 6.0 powerstroke from Arizona I live up in Massachuesetts its absolutely mint inside and out with get this 26,000 original miles. I have no sticker I've looked everywhere but don't know when its last oil change was done. Curious as to what motor oil to use our local Advanced Auto has Shell Rotella Heavy Duty Synthetic for $22.00 a gallon the blue jug which is a fantastic price.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:51 PM
Shandy X
New User
Originally Posted by redflynn
Hi All brand new member here I just purchase a Beautiful pristine 2004 Ford F-250 4 door 8 ft.bed with a 6.0 powerstroke from Arizona I live up in Massachuesetts its absolutely mint inside and out with get this 26,000 original miles. I have no sticker I've looked everywhere but don't know when its last oil change was done. Curious as to what motor oil to use our local Advanced Auto has Shell Rotella Heavy Duty Synthetic for $22.00 a gallon the blue jug which is a fantastic price.
In Australia recommended is 15w-40w for the 6.7 power stroke, our temp range is between 32-112 degreesF you might check with your local dealer recommendation as to the correct grade for your climate

Old 04-05-2020, 01:22 AM
StephenM7
New User
Hello, just joined a few minutes ago as I've been driving my grandfather's truck since I was 15, he signed the title over to me a few weeks ago and I've started refurbishing it so that it's at 100% again. It's a 1997 ford f150 xl supercab with a short bed and the 4.6 engine. I've already updated all the lighting to LEDs to save draw on the battery and make the truck a bit brighter at night, I have gotten a used toolbox for the bed since I gave my old one to a friend, I removed the running boards because they need to be repainted and retreaded if I put them back on (kind of like the way it looks without them), now I'm in the process of sprucing up the interior. It has the vinyl flooring which I really like but I would like to find a good set of floor mats for the truck, I am going to replace the audio system, probably to another stock head unit from a newer truck so I can listen to cassettes and CDs, and I'm going to get Rockford fosgate speakers, I have to replace the headliner as it's falling down on me. Then I'm looking at changing the seat. I'll get more into detail in a specific thread though

Old 04-05-2020, 10:52 AM
grampdad
Cross-Country
Good looking truck, Steve. Pleased to make your acquaintance. Keep posting.......
Ken

Old 04-05-2020, 07:40 PM
Cmnakano
New User
New member here!

Have been coming to FTE for some time finally pulled the trigger and joined, always had trouble working my way through the site, trying to figure it out, building my truck more and more questions I have, haven't been able to find the answers I'm looking for so joined!

my truck
1990 F350 CCLB 7.3 IDI W/ATS 093 kit, 05 SD Axle swap, 05 lariat powered/heated seats in the front 1996 CC two tone doors all electric installed. Aussie headlight conversion

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER Introduction Thread (NO TECH QUESTIONS)