6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

is there a (csp) 08B07 update?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:21 PM
goneon66
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there a (csp) 08B07 update?

i had my truck (j-3) in the dealership on mon, 21 oct, to get that csp 08B07 program installed. pilotshot posted that he heard there was an "update" to this program starting on 20 oct, so they could update the data.

i went to the dealership today, fri 24 oct, and my service advisor couldn't find any update notices on csp 08B07. if there is an update, i guess my dealership can't access the info or it isn't sent to them.

2 questions:

-is there a possibility my truck received the "updated" version of csp 08B07 on 21 oct?

-if there was an update to csp 08B07 during the week of 20 oct, can somebody lead me to its documentation so i can inform my dealership of this and receive the "updated" version of 08B07?

thanks for any info,

Old 10-24-2008, 03:48 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually pilotshot's dealer was correct and the program has been temporarly suspended. The suspension did not become official till today though. Those who have already been flashed should be OK though...

Temporary suspension of Customer Satisfaction Program 08B07...

Click-Here

Old 10-24-2008, 06:21 PM
goneon66
Junior User
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD
Actually pilotshot's dealer was correct and the program has been temporarly suspended. The suspension did not become official till today though. Those who have already been flashed should be OK though...

Temporary suspension of Customer Satisfaction Program 08B07...

Click-Here
thanks for the info and the link. why am i not suprised by this........

Old 10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Larry NCKS
Elder User
So . . . are they saying the failure occurs during the reprogramming itself? Or can it happen after the vehicle is back on the road? Mine was done Wednesday, October 23rd.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Larry NCKS
So . . . are they saying the failure occurs during the reprogramming itself? Or can it happen after the vehicle is back on the road? Mine was done Wednesday, October 23rd.
The failure occurs during the flashing, so it either works or kills the TCM. Since yours accepted the reflash there should be no need to worry and it is unlikely that you will have to have it reflashed again once the program is reinstated...

Ford is also having a similar issue with the PCM's during reflashing and it is not just limited to Super Dutys...

Old 10-24-2008, 09:39 PM
DieselWhisperer
Senior User
I don't know much about these trucks nor do I know much about computers, but to me I think it an unnecessary risk to do the computer flashes through a wireless connection. I watched the diesel tech do mine yesterday and when about half way through the update his laptop lost connection. I questioned him about it and he said it was a nice feature to have when working under the hood (didn't have to run cables everywhere) but with something as important as programing the truck, why not just plug it up! I mean the computer is just sitting there in the drivers seat anyway. Another thing that puzzeled me was he said he was connected to the internet and getting the new program that way. I thought maybe they downloaded it from the internet to the laptop and then loaded it into the truck. I asked him where the main computer was that he was connected to and he pointed to a huge building at least 3 to 5 hundred feet away. I'm lucky to stay connected to the internet on my wireless laptop 30 ft. from my network thing! Well I'm through ratttling now. Sorry for the long post.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 PM
whporwil
Senior User
I had mine done on Oct 16 and according to my paper work the new flash was done. Mine isn't doing everything it's suppose to. The only thing I really wanted was to know when the truck is in regen, my still doesn't tell me.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
KopeckyJ
New User
I called my dealer today to set up and appointment for Monday 27th to have my recall on my drivers seat looked at. I have the tee installed but they showed it as needed to be done as with the latest flash. No mention of the suspension so I quess I will see what happens on Monday. At least they can get the recalls closed out for the seat and venturi tee. If they do the flash thats a bonus. Will post on the results Monday.

JIm

Old 10-25-2008, 02:29 AM
hammer toe
Freshman User
I had mine done on oct 24th and haven't noticed any difference. The tech said I would probably not notice anything different. I thought if I paged through the screens I could find the regen active or complete. Where does it store the message for a pop up window? or is it hidden until something is happening?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:53 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
hidden till required, then with the latest update it suppose to show on the message center continusly till complete.

Before it would just show briefly and then go away.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Larry NCKS
Elder User
Thanks! That's a releif.

Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD
The failure occurs during the flashing, so it either works or kills the TCM. Since yours accepted the reflash there should be no need to worry and it is unlikely that you will have to have it reflashed again once the program is reinstated...

Ford is also having a similar issue with the PCM's during reflashing and it is not just limited to Super Dutys...
I have seen the "cleaning exhaust filter" message since the reflash. I cleared it by hitting reset and did not see a completion message. I'm assuming that's normal.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:17 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Originally Posted by DieselWhisperer
I don't know much about these trucks nor do I know much about computers, but to me I think it an unnecessary risk to do the computer flashes through a wireless connection. I watched the diesel tech do mine yesterday and when about half way through the update his laptop lost connection. I questioned him about it and he said it was a nice feature to have when working under the hood (didn't have to run cables everywhere) but with something as important as programing the truck, why not just plug it up! I mean the computer is just sitting there in the drivers seat anyway. Another thing that puzzeled me was he said he was connected to the internet and getting the new program that way. I thought maybe they downloaded it from the internet to the laptop and then loaded it into the truck. I asked him where the main computer was that he was connected to and he pointed to a huge building at least 3 to 5 hundred feet away. I'm lucky to stay connected to the internet on my wireless laptop 30 ft. from my network thing! Well I'm through ratttling now. Sorry for the long post.
I agree with the wireless connection deal however on a side note (not 08B07) related I have a linksys WRT54G with hacked firmware. I can connect to my router up to 1/2 a mile away with my outdoor antenna. I can connect all over my house and in the yard/pool. Let me know what you have and I can get ya set up.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
I am reading and posting to this with a wireless connection too. My whole house is wired and I have 5 pc's on it.