1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Possibly coming over from the darkside...need some input

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
I love the patina look of old trucks. I have the same feelings about bringing the nice truck to shows and "babysitting" it!

If the subframe job is not a quality install I have a 50 f1 frame I'll sell cheap. OH yea and Fast Few, I have y blocks if you want that truck to sell or go really fast!

Kevin Bigwin

Old 10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
low54
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so from one rat rodder to another(possibly) be aware this purchase isn't about suspention, stability, ride comfort or anything like that...heck, my dad said back in the day rat rod came from Kids having no money livin on the other side of the tracks...hangin their doors with bailing wire and strappin engines down with a link chain!...no that's rat!!! even my coupe is a wonna B!...But done spend that kind of cash...its too much, maybe 2700 to 3K but even then...enjoy!...I am and its my daily driver till my f-100 is finished

Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
fastfew
Senior User
Bigwin,you better bring more than a y block if you want to race my truck son,(lol)

Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm...

There seems to be a very thin,crooked and slipery line between Rat Rod and Dumb Rod. I think the toliet just slid over to the dumb side...

Old 10-16-2008, 02:55 PM
low54
Elder User
Originally Posted by dave boley
There seems to be a very thin,crooked and slipery line between Rat Rod and Dumb Rod. I think the toliet just slid over to the dumb side...
and the leather belt seat belt didn't???...not to sure about the he-man sword either..not for 7K...but he could change it out...

Old 10-16-2008, 03:01 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by low54
and the leather belt seat belt didn't???...not to sure about the he-man sword either..not for 7K...but he could change it out...

Well yeah,,, But why go on and on? One example was enough for me.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
low54
Elder User
Hee hee...

Old 10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dave boley
If the toilet were at least placed on the drivers side it would have served a purpose on those long rod run trips......less pit stops that way

Old 10-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Louisville Joe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts
With regards to what fastfew said about the truck in question earlier in this thread, it wasn't as if the guy had bought it. Fact is that truck was pretty lame, not to mention unsafe. If the comments were made about a truck someone here owned, that would be another thing. As far as fastfew's '56 bothering folks around here because it has a 350 Chevy in it, if it is that much of an issue, someone buy it from him and put the Y-Block back in it! It is still for sale, right? I might even buy the 350!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Mr Mayo
Bring out the best!
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe
With regards to what fastfew said about the truck in question earlier in this thread, it wasn't as if the guy had bought it. Fact is that truck was pretty lame, not to mention unsafe. If the comments were made about a truck someone here owned, that would be another thing. As far as fastfew's '56 bothering folks around here because it has a 350 Chevy in it, if it is that much of an issue, someone buy it from him and put the Y-Block back in it! It is still for sale, right? I might even buy the 350!
The truck may be lame to most, maybe not to some. That's not the point. If you saw fastfew's post (before it was pulled), he seemed quite bent out of shape over disparaging remarks someone made about his truck. I find it ironic that he is so quick to disparage someone else's.

'Nuff said.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Snowking
Post Fiend
I am just curious if fastfews truck is sooo great, why is it for sale

Old 10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Originally Posted by likaroc13
....safety would be my main concern as well, so if things look shotty, then I won't be getting the truck

Regardless of what else has been said in this thread...I am glad to see you post that sentence.

Safety is number one!

Not only you, your family, and your friends will be in that truck, but an unsafe vehicle (with or without inspections) are a danger to everyone else on the road.

That applies to all of us no matter what we drive. My 56 is my daily driver, but I try to make sure it is safe before it leaves the driveway. If I know of an issue...it stays home.

As far as the ford vs the other brand...IMHO that is up to the owner. Me...I choose ford in a ford, but I only have one truck and have no right to judge others.

That is like a total restoration vs modified vs ratrod (not my term). There is no point in arguing. Everyone likes their own thing.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:19 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I thought we buried this dead horse a while back? A Hot Rod is the personal vision of the owner/builder. The choices made are purely his/her own no matter what their reason is for making them.
This forum is unusually friendly most of the time, unfortunately when the topic of driveline comes up there a a vocal minority who feel it is their "duty" to impose their preference upon anyone who makes a different choice. It is like the presidential election, no matter how loud or many times you scream your prefered candidate's name at me, it is not going to change my vote, in fact it is likely to make me more resolute in my decision if it is for the opposing candidate. Being passionate and loyal can be admirable, but not when you end up berating anyone who doesn't agree with you.
I for one, whom I believe is somewhat highly regarded and helpful, is proud of the fact my panel is formal in that it wears a bowtie under it's bonnet. If someone feels offended by that fact, they can keep that opinion to themselves or discuss it privately thru PM or email. Berating me publicly for my choice is NOT going to get me to change it.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:08 PM
48 Steel
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
I only paid $1,500.00 for mine and I drove it off the trailer. Found it in Fargo ND. Pictures in my gallery. I think the person selling the truck you listed is REAL proud of that truck. If you keep looking you can find a deal.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:49 PM
likaroc13
New User
yeah, i might could find something better...i guess the initial attraction for me was that I was approached about trading...my Blazer is nice, but it has been for sale for a while now with no luck...if i could manage to sell it, then i'd have cash to buy something...just recently though i decided that I wouldn't mind trading if something I liked came along...well, this truck came along, as well as the '63 Beetle owned by the same people...oh, and not that it makes a difference, but i was looking at items previously sold by the owner on Ebay and Mautofied...they seem to have owned/sold some really nice stuff & have great feedback...so, hopefully they are honest, trustworty people who know their stuff...why they purchased this truck, i have no idea...maybe it's not as bad as it seems, but i'll be able to confirm that soon

Quick Reply: Possibly coming over from the darkside...need some input