Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Sorry Guys...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:31 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I didn't see the UK mentioned in those sentences, you specifically referred to Europe and the US and then said "both countries".

Now folks, lets get back to topic and discuss the F150.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,242 Likes on 816 Posts
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
What do you want a medal??? Narrow mindedness will never cess to amaze me. England has very few things i am proud of and im patriotic to England without doubt. But It has great helathcare it has great food and drink cultrue and has great history for almost everything. but every country has it's flaws and If you are blind to it then thats your problem.

And no one said anything about you being a hero so why bring that up??? Some people over here really do amaze me.
I have many medals but thanks for the offer. Your health care system may be ok, but clearly your educational system needs improvement.

Sir, please enjoy your American made F-150 to it's fullest as it will serve well for many, many years. And please remember that American technology positively changed the course of Volvo, BMW, Rover Jag and Mazda and I'm sure there are others.

I've enjoyed your heated conversations, it's invigorating, hope your not too offended.

Tim

Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
db_tanker
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too am prior service in the Army and have been around Europe, and I must admit that Americans have gotten this reputation of somehow being crass and arrogant of their alleged position in the world. Do we deserve it? It isn't my place to decide but I don't think so IMO.

I see this discussion degrading down into a "we helped you guys out in two wars and blah blah blah" coming on really quick. That is a moot point. as is most of the things that have been stated, IMO.

Two different cultures are slamming heads here...of course our cars are going to seem uncouth to a Euro. We like vehicles that will take you and slam you around. Around here, for the folks who like big words, its called exhilarating. Heck, we also have cars that can take corners and turn and shift nicely and even brake well. On the flip side of the coin, who here would really want to get into a Ford Ka? How many of us think that some could even FIT into one? If I were to be seen getting out of one, I would have to hear "Bring out the Clowns" music. :P So...culture...its a wonderful thing...but we need to remember that we don't have the same one.

NOW...as to the OP/OT....the new F-150's are aight...but I DO prefer the STX and FX4 look with the blacked out grills...the chrome just...well...doesn't look right. Too much chrome makes me think of a Chevrolet Silverado...

Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
tjthegreat
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by surfer55
I am really sorry to say this guys, but I think that the 09' ford trucks look terrible.(on the outside) The new body style is dissapointing compared to what they looked like before. Ford needs to get the modeler that desighned the new chevys. (oops...did I just say that). Hopefully you guys won't tell me to get out. I just dont think they look as good as the 06's an 07's. Especially not the 150.
ya i think it looks like crap,but the interior is pretty nice

Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 AM
tjthegreat
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
What do you want a medal??? Narrow mindedness will never cess to amaze me. England has very few things i am proud of and im patriotic to England without doubt. But It has great helathcare it has great food and drink cultrue and has great history for almost everything. but every country has it's flaws and If you are blind to it then thats your problem.

And no one said anything about you being a hero so why bring that up??? Some people over here really do amaze me.
well they have better music,at least did

Old 10-13-2008, 12:15 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,242 Likes on 816 Posts
Originally Posted by db_tanker
I too am prior service in the Army and have been around Europe, and I must admit that Americans have gotten this reputation of somehow being crass and arrogant of their alleged position in the world. Do we deserve it? It isn't my place to decide but I don't think so IMO.

I see this discussion degrading down into a "we helped you guys out in two wars and blah blah blah" coming on really quick. That is a moot point. as is most of the things that have been stated, IMO.

Two different cultures are slamming heads here...of course our cars are going to seem uncouth to a Euro. We like vehicles that will take you and slam you around. Around here, for the folks who like big words, its called exhilarating. Heck, we also have cars that can take corners and turn and shift nicely and even brake well. On the flip side of the coin, who here would really want to get into a Ford Ka? How many of us think that some could even FIT into one? If I were to be seen getting out of one, I would have to hear "Bring out the Clowns" music. :P So...culture...its a wonderful thing...but we need to remember that we don't have the same one.

NOW...as to the OP/OT....the new F-150's are aight...but I DO prefer the STX and FX4 look with the blacked out grills...the chrome just...well...doesn't look right. Too much chrome makes me think of a Chevrolet Silverado...
Thanks, well said. I allowed myself to get caught up in another valued opinion and opinions as well as facts are what makes this site so cool.

Tim

Old 10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tseekins
I have many medals but thanks for the offer. Your health care system may be ok, but clearly your educational system needs improvement.

Sir, please enjoy your American made F-150 to it's fullest as it will serve well for many, many years. And please remember that American technology positively changed the course of Volvo, BMW, Rover Jag and Mazda and I'm sure there are others.

I've enjoyed your heated conversations, it's invigorating, hope your not too offended.

Tim
Not at all Offended. Just trying to state my point that the US aint as great as some people make it out to be. Better than most places yes but way of the best.

I have had this arguement time and time again with people from the US some agree and some dont. I just like to have the choice to buy what i like and i will buy the best i can afford be it a Plasma from japan, set of speakers from britain, Car from Germany, Electronics from China or a Laptop from the US. It's all good and well buying US stuff to keep your money in the US but in the end you buy for what suits your budget. I could have gotten a lot of stuff US branded and saved my self quite a bit of money but it wouldnt have been what i wanted. Be it my truck or my wifes future SUV for her birthday. Audi Q7 to be exact. If there was a US version made like it would i buy it! maybe yes if it was as good a quality. but there aint. Thats why i bought the F150 is because there aint a better truck made in the world. It would be great to keep all the money i spend in this country for sure but for the time being 90% of the stuff i buy aint made in the US.

Just dont take me the wrong way. I love it here in the US. There's always gonna be things i dont agree with be it here or the UK. We have been coming here for over 15 years and my UK parents have a house in myrtle beach which is only 7 hour drive from here. It's not like i have just turned up and started abuseing people from the US. It's a shame that most people from outside the US see people from the US as loud and obnoxious but it really is the way that some of them come across when you meet them for the first. Most are ok but there's always a few that give the rest a bad name.

Now roll on my US made truck

Old 10-13-2008, 04:42 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
First things first - thanks to all the folks in this forum, and thread in particular, that have served this country!

Second - If you don't like this country, then get the ***** out! I for one would not want to live in a place I did not like it. I know your wife is here, but really man, be grateful that you're in the land of the free (for now, hopefully it'll stay that way).

And lastly, and on topic nonetheless, I like the new F150 but I'm not gonna lie - the current gen looks a bit better.

-rockstate

Old 10-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rockstate45
First things first - thanks to all the folks in this forum, and thread in particular, that have served this country!

Second - If you don't like this country, then get the ***** out! I for one would not want to live in a place I did not like it. I know your wife is here, but really man, be grateful that you're in the land of the free (for now, hopefully it'll stay that way).

And lastly, and on topic nonetheless, I like the new F150 but I'm not gonna lie - the current gen looks a bit better.

-rockstate

In no way did i say i didnt want to be here. I spent 2 years of filling out papers and having interviews and medicals to get here for my wife. I would have moved to where ever it was but it just happend to be the US of A. Tell you what is crazy though. How strict the process was to get from the UK to the US. They even said when i was taking the interview that the UK is one of the hardest places to get into the US from. They wernt wrong.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:23 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For somone who put a lot of effort into getting here, and then putting forth even more effort complaining about it, why dont you just complete the cycle and go back? Then you'll be happy. I truly weep for your wife.

As for the sides of the F150's bed being too tall, that was actually a selling point for me on the 08's. I dont think it should be any other way. If reaching into the bed from the side is an issue for some, I reason thats why Ford now has the steps that come out from just in front of the rear wheels.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by soundwave
For somone who put a lot of effort into getting here, and then putting forth even more effort complaining about it, why dont you just complete the cycle and go back? Then you'll be happy. I truly weep for your wife.

As for the sides of the F150's bed being too tall, that was actually a selling point for me on the 08's. I dont think it should be any other way. If reaching into the bed from the side is an issue for some, I reason thats why Ford now has the steps that come out from just in front of the rear wheels.

Errrr when at any point did i say i wernt happy with it here. I am as happy here as i was in the UK. As long as i am with my wife i will be happy. No matter where we live.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 PM
tjthegreat
Elder User
im sure itll be a much happier place to live when that dumb*** gets out of office,bot...i do think the bed is way too high

Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
For you guys that say the bed is too high, are you tall or short guys?

Granted i dont have a f150 in that year but everytime i have seen one, or looked at one I didnt think it was that high. Maybe i just havent looked close enough.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 AM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
6'2" and think it's too high.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
When people say height, they are talking about the depth of the bed. The inner depth is 4 inches greater than the 1997-2003. You have to have long arms to reach in all the way to the bottom. I'm 5' 11" and reaching all the way down requires standing on the tire or a small foot stool (and my truck has a 2"/3" lowered suspension).

Quick Reply: Sorry Guys...