Sponsored by: Moser

Sorry Guys...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:59 PM
HamerDown
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
I do like the look of the 04-08 trucks but like the 09 styling a bit more but as time goes on the 04-08's are looking more dated as everyday passes. ...
That's because you see F150's all over the place!
Personally I think the new Chevy's with their huge fender humps look like a$$ And the depression on the engine hood holds water...great for keeping Goldfish.
The 09 F150's in my opinion aren't very appealing.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:08 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
BSimmer,

Have you stopped to consider how you're coming across? You're in a forum of 95% American users, which focuses on an American vehicle line and all you can do is bad-mouth the vehicles and the people. Its no wonder you want to tell people to shut the f up, because your anti-American attitude comes off as snobbish, and maybe people react to these vibes? I'm left with the conclusion that perhaps in those situations you interact with people who sub-consciously remind you of yourself?

I'd love to welcome you to my table for dinner, but only if you parked the attitude outside.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:16 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
This is off topic of trucks, but Ford did use a more modern IRS in the Cobra's for awhile, but they will not handle the abuse of a powerful American V8. This is why the Shelby GT500 went back to the solid rear axle.
All of the really fast Cobra's have been converted back to a solid axle.
The Corvette and Viper use the IRS as well, but those cars are not used in the same manor usually. (No slicks)
There is no doubt in my mind that the F150 is the best built truck out there. Almost too tough for a 1/2 ton. I personally just prefer the 99-03 body style myself.
The 04-up are too square for a modern design. Oh, and the damn bedsides are too tall and I'm 6'2"!!

Old 10-12-2008, 07:38 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 209 Likes on 169 Posts
I agree about the bedsides being too tall. That is just one more reason why I like the older trucks. I also hate 20 inch wheels. I prefer 15 or 16 inch wheels depending on the truck. In some cases 17 or 18 is a good fit. IE Lightning etc. I do not care for giant wheel wells and giant rims with paper thin sidewalls on the tires. I just think it looks ludicrous.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
BSimmer,

Have you stopped to consider how you're coming across? You're in a forum of 95% American users, which focuses on an American vehicle line and all you can do is bad-mouth the vehicles and the people. Its no wonder you want to tell people to shut the f up, because your anti-American attitude comes off as snobbish, and maybe people react to these vibes? I'm left with the conclusion that perhaps in those situations you interact with people who sub-consciously remind you of yourself?

I'd love to welcome you to my table for dinner, but only if you parked the attitude outside.

I know how I'm coming across just fine thanks. My wife is from the US and all her family are from the US. I love them a lot but i have meet my fair share of idiots over here just like i have met them in the UK. The problem with the US Is 95% of people from here couldn't tell you where half the country's are in this world let alone know what's available from each of those. What amount of people in the US have passports?? something like 15-20% and only 5-10% of them use them to travel. No one can tell me about Europe when i have lived it and traveled it for the last 20 years. I have a personal knowledge of things from both country's and lived in both country's for long enough to compare. Yes somethings in the US are great. Like the lovely Lady's, trucks and the weather. Many things are bad like the health care and the goverment and the auto industry. I am allowed my opinion and these are the whole point of forums. I may seem like an *** to many and i have no problem with that. They are allowed thier opinion.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:12 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster

1. most are loud. way to loud.
2. They think everything there country makes is the best
3. They think they are better at everything than every other country
4. They think they are better than everyone else.
If you think that where you live isn't the best, then why would you live there? If I didn't think that the USA was the best country on the face of the earth, then I'd move to where I thought was.

So, guilty I guess.

Mike

Old 10-12-2008, 10:16 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Where in the USA have you lived and how long? Attitudes vary greatly by region and state (and so does weather, some places have horrible weather). If you're basing your experience on Detroit, then you're comparing a run down town (no offence meant to anyone there, most people from Detroit I know tend to agree).

Lets look at the facts about passports. According to the US State Department 103,283,764 Americans have passports (as of 2007) The total population in the USA is currently estimated at about 305 million. Subtract non-citizens from the 305 million and its easy to see that the number of USA citizens with a passport is likely around 35%.

Furthermore, a passport is not a valid indicator of travel to other countries. Until the past 2 years a passport was not required for travel Canada, Mexico, and most of the Caribbean. The bulk of the remainder in the USA don't have passports because they have an entire continent (plus Hawaii, the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, etc.)they can travel without one. If you compared the number of people who never leave the US with the number of Europeans who never leave Europe (not just their country) I believe you'd come to remarkably different conclusions than those drawn from often wrong stereotypes.

Now about cars, Europe makes its fair share of outright junk, and the Brit's seem to have a patent on the idea, though their quality has gone up since some of them got taken over by the American makers (and then BMW). Same goes with American vehicles. Some of them are great, some aren't. Unfortunately, there are people believing the garbage they see on British car shows which mislead about the engines, and the vehicles they tested when looking at American models (the Mustang example was previously illustrated by another user here).

I have family from all over the world (mostly former British subject nations), and have done my fair share of traveling. Too often when one travels with pre-conceived notions and prejudices about groups of people that's what they'll find no matter where they go. People tend to mirror what they're giving out when meeting folks face to face, and if they are dealing with a jerk they usually react in a similar fashion. On the other hand I've seen kind words from a stranger change someone's entire attitude. Also, the ratio of smart people to stupid people is pretty well distributed planet wide - its just a matter of what they are stupid/ignorant about.

Lastly, I have to laugh when you say "The problem with the US Is 95% of people from here couldn't tell you where half the country's are in this world" followed by "No one can tell me about Europe when i have lived it and traveled it for the last 20 years. I have a personal knowledge of things from both country's and lived in both country's for long enough to compare." Uhmmmm.... Europe isn't a country - its a continent.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:39 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Haha Ziiiiiinnnnnnggggg!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 AM
LxMan1

Must be a Kelly Pickler fan BWWWWWWAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA

The reason for the 17-20" wheels is to clear today's much larger brakes.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:52 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
I <3 America, American cars, domestic light beer, being a consumer and I think that American made stuff is some of the best out there. I said it....

Old 10-13-2008, 12:54 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
I know how I'm coming across just fine thanks. My wife is from the US and all her family are from the US. I love them a lot but i have meet my fair share of idiots over here just like i have met them in the UK. The problem with the US Is 95% of people from here couldn't tell you where half the country's are in this world let alone know what's available from each of those. What amount of people in the US have passports?? something like 15-20% and only 5-10% of them use them to travel. No one can tell me about Europe when i have lived it and traveled it for the last 20 years. I have a personal knowledge of things from both country's and lived in both country's for long enough to compare. Yes somethings in the US are great. Like the lovely Lady's, trucks and the weather. Many things are bad like the health care and the goverment and the auto industry. I am allowed my opinion and these are the whole point of forums. I may seem like an *** to many and i have no problem with that. They are allowed thier opinion.
I have a passport yet I have absolutely no desire to leave the country. Am I supposed to?

Old 10-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Tuishimi
Junior User
LOL! This thread has degenerate despite honest attempts to bring it back on topic.

I have not seen one of the 09's IRL. I do like my 2008 and I think I would very much like the 2009's. One thing I don't get are the complaints that the bed is too high/deep. I don't have any trouble with it? I am able to reach over and attach tie-downs, etc. without effort.

Anyway, in my mind Ford simply makes the best truck. Maybe not the fastest, maybe not the most fuel efficient, etc. But they are solid as a rock (heck, look at the weight of the F150 as an instant indicator of how they are built), at least a little attractive, very competent at hauling and towing, relatively quiet and cozy, handle relatively well... I don't know... I just know that all around they are solid, reliable, and pretty much represent what is right (to me) about American-made vehicles.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:42 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BLK94F150
If you think that where you live isn't the best, then why would you live there? If I didn't think that the USA was the best country on the face of the earth, then I'd move to where I thought was.

So, guilty I guess.

Mike
I live here because i have no choice. I do like it but there a lot of things i dont like about it just like there's a lot of things i dont like about the UK. My wife offered to move away from The US but i didnt want her to give up here education and so i moved here. Guilty maybe but i made the choice to move here based on what was best for her.

Lastly, I have to laugh when you say "The problem with the US Is 95% of people from here couldn't tell you where half the country's are in this world" followed by "No one can tell me about Europe when i have lived it and traveled it for the last 20 years. I have a personal knowledge of things from both country's and lived in both country's for long enough to compare." Uhmmmm.... Europe isn't a country - its a continent.

The last i heard the UK was a country. But perhaps you didnt realise that. I wouldnt expect you too though.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,252 Likes on 822 Posts
Im glad there's someone here who has a passport then. The reason most people outside the US hate americains is because of a few things.

1. most are loud. way to loud.
2. They think everything there country makes is the best
3. They think they are better at everything than every other country
4. They think they are better than everyone else

Since i been here i have met many a person like this and only a few people that i can get along with without telling them to shut the F up and stop talking sh**.

If you traveled and meet people other than US people you would know the reason for this.

The same goes for people in england though. Im embarrised to go to places on vacation where english people go because they Drink way to much, Start fights every place they go and destroy the whole area they are in. and im sure you know what americain people im talking about.

If i had not driven Audi's, VW's BMW's, Range rovers, lambos and any other brand of car then i wouldnt have anything to compaire it to. but i have and the US cars just dont do it for me. They Dont give you the feeling you should get when you get into a nice car and drive it. I dont expect my truck to feel like a Audi R8 or a VW R32 but i know it's a truck and no more than a truck. But after driveing some of these so called US muscle cars i cant see the fasination with them. No driver feed back, Understeer, Sloopy steering, Slow throttle response, Slow power delivery, Sloopy gearboxes, Bad traction, Awful breaks and so on. They just aint fun to drive like a good sports car should be.
Dude, you need to see Dr. Phil. I'm going to say this then I'm done with you and your closed minded opinions.

1. I served my country for 24 years, (I'm not a hero nor do I deserve hero status) But, for all those years of sacrifice, the missed Holidays and anniversaries and B-days, I'll act anyway I damned well want to.

I choose to act civilized and maintain composure. I work hard and earn great money and have a fantastic patriotic family.

I know American made is the best in the world. I have TRAVELED the world over. Of my 24 years in the Coast Guard, 16 were spent on floating deployable assets showing the flag across the pond or waging the war on drugs or simply training the rest of the worlds Coast Guards, (yours included) on how to be effective on the high seas.

The other two attributes you mention are just American pride and patriotism. Your stuffy world just doesn't understand good ole' American resolve.

Good day sir,

Tim

Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
What do you want a medal??? Narrow mindedness will never cess to amaze me. England has very few things i am proud of and im patriotic to England without doubt. But It has great helathcare it has great food and drink cultrue and has great history for almost everything. but every country has it's flaws and If you are blind to it then thats your problem.

And no one said anything about you being a hero so why bring that up??? Some people over here really do amaze me.

Quick Reply: Sorry Guys...