Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Ford Sept Truck Sales

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:48 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Montecarlo31; Man Wouldn't I like to have free gas. Unfortunately I have to figure in the cost of gas as part of "overall cost". Your situation is hardly common. However there are a few other things that I value and one of those is that my vehicles are American made. And yes I know all about the plants that are built in America by foreign companies. Besides this is a Ford forum what would expect for us to say about any other brand? There are 5 Fords registered to my family right now and we have owned a total of eight in the last ten years.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:31 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
25K for that Chevy isn't a bad deal at all. I'd rather have that than the new F150 for around 40K.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:11 AM
AA702
Senior User
With all due respect, and I know this is a Ford forum and I own 2 ford products currently (f150 & Stang). I just do not get brand loyalty? its not like the brand or company is loyal to the consumer? I will always go for the best deal or whats best for my pocket book. I think the quality and durability of the trucks these days is about equal.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
They are pretty equal, but its like anything, some guys like coke over pepsi, some guys like john deere over case, and some guys like ford over chevy.

Im one of those guys that is a biased towards fords too, but I will acknowledge the bad as well as the good of them.

(bought a honda car over a ford car, cause honda made a better product for my dollar, for what i was looking for in a car)

Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,242 Likes on 816 Posts
Originally Posted by AA702
With all due respect, and I know this is a Ford forum and I own 2 ford products currently (f150 & Stang). I just do not get brand loyalty? its not like the brand or company is loyal to the consumer? I will always go for the best deal or whats best for my pocket book. I think the quality and durability of the trucks these days is about equal.
I respect that and agree that builders do not necessarily feel the same sense of loyalty as the consumers do. Without brand loyalty, companies would fail. With that said, and using your words, if all trucks are equal in quality you'd be better off with a GM or Dodge. They have the better warranties. Clearly, you chose the F-150 for a reason. Perhaps it's a better truck, maybe it was less expensive to purchase, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm a Ford loyalist. I've always owned Fords with some GM's and Honda's as well. I like thier products and thier customer service. I know what I'm getting and I know what to expect.

Tim

Old 10-05-2008, 06:33 PM
AA702
Senior User
Originally Posted by tseekins
I respect that and agree that builders do not necessarily feel the same sense of loyalty as the consumers do. Without brand loyalty, companies would fail. With that said, and using your words, if all trucks are equal in quality you'd be better off with a GM or Dodge. They have the better warranties. Clearly, you chose the F-150 for a reason. Perhaps it's a better truck, maybe it was less expensive to purchase, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm a Ford loyalist. I've always owned Fords with some GM's and Honda's as well. I like thier products and thier customer service. I know what I'm getting and I know what to expect.

Tim
I picked the F150 because I got a heck of a deal. I would have picked a Dodge or GM product if I have gotten the same deal or better. The F150 is a great work truck, and so is the Dodge and Chevy. In my opinion, there is very little difference between them (the 1/2 ton segment) in regards to quality, longevity and gas mileage. Especially these days when money is tight, more people will look for the best bang for the buck.

I also own a 70 Chevelle SS, and I've previously owned 69 Road Runner, 68 Mustang Fastback, 65 Impala SS... If its American, I love em!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 PM
valdor
Senior User
Some of the problems in the US economy, to me, is yhat many Americans do not buye American products. They seem to run at the best foreighn deal available. Sure im sure the majority do not, but still it gave the Japs a mebe too strong foothold in the market. Yes the domestic manufacturers must get with it or they maybe come extinct, but keep your own money in your own country i sez

Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
In addition to Employee Pricing...GM has been advertising heavily the fact that their trucks are more fuel efficient than the competition.
biggest load of horse hockey ever typed... that 5.3 is just as much a drinker as it ever was.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 PM
AA702
Senior User
Originally Posted by 96sherm
biggest load of horse hockey ever typed... that 5.3 is just as much a drinker as it ever was.
I think the 5.4 vs. 5.3 is about even. I have a buddy that has a 2007 GMC with the 5.3 and he gets 20 highway and 15 city. Its really a wash, but one thing I do like about the GM engines is that they are pushrod motors.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by valdor
Some of the problems in the US economy, to me, is yhat many Americans do not buye American products. They seem to run at the best foreighn deal available. Sure im sure the majority do not, but still it gave the Japs a mebe too strong foothold in the market. Yes the domestic manufacturers must get with it or they maybe come extinct, but keep your own money in your own country i sez
Sure, profits on Japanese cars and trucks built in the US go back to Japan, but, they also employ hard working Americans with familes and at a fair wage. Additionally, Japanese plant aren't closing (yet).

I've been on this site long and run my mouth enough for you all to know that I'm pro Ford, Ford, Ford and did I mention Ford? I believe you'll sadly discover that "domestic" cars are just as foreign as Toys, Honda, Nissan, etc.

Say what you want, but American made applies to any car built in the US.

Tim

Old 10-10-2008, 10:11 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
Originally Posted by AA702
I think the 5.4 vs. 5.3 is about even. I have a buddy that has a 2007 GMC with the 5.3 and he gets 20 highway and 15 city. Its really a wash, but one thing I do like about the GM engines is that they are pushrod motors.
I have friends that own newer big trucks. Here's what I have come up with so far MPG wise from them. Now remember it all depends on how heavy of a foot you have.
I've ridden in these trucks several times on long trips and split gas costs so I have a pretty good indicator on how they perform..

On the Highway the Tundra gets the best MPG followed by the Chevy(GM) Ford and Dodge are relatively close but still behind the top two. I have seen almost 20 (19.7) with the Tundra. The best I saw on the Chevy was just around 19.

I know that's not a huge difference in MPG but the difference in HP is amazing.
Chevy advertises the best MPG but in all real world tests the Tundra has beaten it. I've seen it in person and I believe it.

Chevy's AFM is a joke. It's completely useless. In real world driving it only goes into V4 mode on downhill freeway or coasting situations and it sure doesn't stay in the V4 mode very long. I wasn't impressed with it at all.
My 2 cents worth.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
valdor
Senior User
Sure, profits on Japanese cars and trucks built in the US go back to Japan, but, they also employ hard working Americans with familes and at a fair wage. Additionally, Japanese plant aren't closing (yet).

I've been on this site long and run my mouth enough for you all to know that I'm pro Ford, Ford, Ford and did I mention Ford? I believe you'll sadly discover that "domestic" cars are just as foreign as Toys, Honda, Nissan, etc.

Tim
So duely noticed, thankyou for the insight i may have overlooked. Still, may Ford F-trucks live forever.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by valdor
So duely noticed, thankyou for the insight i may have overlooked. Still, may Ford F-trucks live forever.
Rock on dude! The perception is that domestic means American parts when in all actuality, they are all built with a world wide parts inventory.

Tim

Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM
AA702
Senior User

Tim

I just speculating, but I think what would be really good for our economy is these automakers (Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, Dodge etc..) are getting really hit hard with low sales here in the US. They need to start exporting their cars to other world markets that are left hand drive. One would be the UAE, and they do not mind gas guzzlers because gas is cheap in the emirates. A former co worker of mine now works at the NUMI plant in Fremont, CA and he builds Toyota Tacomas. That plant is a big part of that economy in hard hit California.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:56 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeh GMs claim to better MPG is a joke. Ford has just as good or better. FranklyIve always said Ford has a better build quality truck. Did an still do. I could drive a Ford an Chevy 100,000 miles an that Chevy would be rattling an squeaky whereas the Ford would be quiet. In the overall scheme off things Ford still has the best truck out there by far.

Quick Reply: Ford Sept Truck Sales