6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

lame throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 PM
blownmoney
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lame throttle response

Hello,new user/owner.Just purchased a 06 350 KR 55,000 mi 6.0,one reason I purchased is because about 3 yrs ago I rented one and drove from Vancouver Canada to Tampa FL to pick up a 25 ft grady white and the truck kicked butt the whole way (less than 6 days there and back 3600 mi each way,budget rent a truck was not amussed!) this thing would lay rubber with a tap on the throttle,finally got enough coin to buy one so I got this beautiful black 06 Kingranch and love the truck but......the truck could not spin its tires on a ice rink going down hill,you push down the throttle and you start going and after about 20 feet and some rpm and boost it comes alive and has tons of power.The truck has had the latest flash from the local ford morons who dont even Know their own products and some TSB's,pulled my EGR today and the thing is like new it runs great just seems to have a delay in inital excelleration,was thinking stuck turbo but you can hear the pitch of the whine vary at different rpms,maybe the gas pedel and engine arent talking to each other properly.Anybody got any ideas?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by blownmoney
Hello,new user/owner.Just purchased a 06 350 KR 55,000 mi 6.0,one reason I purchased is because about 3 yrs ago I rented one and drove from Vancouver Canada to Tampa FL to pick up a 25 ft grady white and the truck kicked butt the whole way (less than 6 days there and back 3600 mi each way,budget rent a truck was not amussed!) this thing would lay rubber with a tap on the throttle,finally got enough coin to buy one so I got this beautiful black 06 Kingranch and love the truck but......the truck could not spin its tires on a ice rink going down hill,you push down the throttle and you start going and after about 20 feet and some rpm and boost it comes alive and has tons of power.The truck has had the latest flash from the local ford morons who dont even Know their own products and some TSB's,pulled my EGR today and the thing is like new it runs great just seems to have a delay in inital excelleration,was thinking stuck turbo but you can hear the pitch of the whine vary at different rpms,maybe the gas pedel and engine arent talking to each other properly.Anybody got any ideas?
The accelerator pedal is fly by wire. meaaning there is a potentiometer that sends a signal to the computer to make the truck go..

My 06 had crappy response and they finally replace the acclerator pedal assembly due to rubbing and that made it better..

There is turbo lag but the bad accelerator amplified it..

See if you can get them to check that out..

Old 09-30-2008, 01:27 PM
jfralph
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had this same problem from day one. My truck sometimes seems like it won't get out of its own way, other times its scary. Dealership has no clue and tells me everything is within spec, and they won't do anything about it. I have taken a fellow employees truck, exact same truck as mine, to the dealership and offered to take them for a ride, they refuse. They know there is a problem, but refuse to do anything about it, they claim it is within tolerances. i.e. differences of being able to pull out into traffic or not, the difference between 12 and 22 mpg, just manufacturing tolerances. My thought is ford better tighten up there manufacturing tolerances.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by jfralph
I have had this same problem from day one. My truck sometimes seems like it won't get out of its own way, other times its scary. Dealership has no clue and tells me everything is within spec, and they won't do anything about it. I have taken a fellow employees truck, exact same truck as mine, to the dealership and offered to take them for a ride, they refuse. They know there is a problem, but refuse to do anything about it, they claim it is within tolerances. i.e. differences of being able to pull out into traffic or not, the difference between 12 and 22 mpg, just manufacturing tolerances. My thought is ford better tighten up there manufacturing tolerances.

What I would do is make a deal with them..

Tell them to replace the accerator pedal assembly.. If it doesn't fix the problem you will pay for it or some other portion.. If it does then you want a free oil change or 2 for them hassling you..

If they don't go for it then take it somewhere else..

Old 09-30-2008, 03:28 PM
scottman70
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my accelerator pedal assembly replaced and it made a noticeable throttle response difference on my 6.0!