6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Headlighlight Bezel on 2004 F250 SD PJ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
JamCracker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Headlighlight Bezel on 2004 F250 SD PJ???

OK, This is probably an easy one, but how the heck do you remove the bezel on the Plain Jane SD F250 to replace a headlight?

I had a Z-71 whereas you pulled a couple of rods from the top and the whole light assembly fell out in your lap. I am assuming, with Fords superior engineering, that it's just as easy as that rattle-can chevy was.

I am figuring that I will have to do a contortionist act on my head to remove say 2 to 27 screws from inside around the radiator bulkhead to accomplish this task.

The right headlight has a gravel pock, and since I live in this nice dry place called Florida, it fills with water quite often (the light still works, but water and electricity in the wrong combinations makes me nervous).

On the note of miliage polling, I am getting about 17 out on the road driving at around 70 to 85 (90 when I'm following trucks in North Dakota). I bought the truck in July in Sacramento. It has been from Santa Rosa, CA to Tampa, FL twice (round trip), to North Dakota once from Tampa, FL, to Lancaster,SC from Tampa, from San Francisco to San Diego three times, to Coos Bay, OR from San Francisco, and to New Orleans from Tampa a couple of times. One of the 3000 milers was with a 20 foot Featherlite car hauler loaded a couple of K more than it should have been; still managed to drag 10k at 85 on our beautiful interstate highway system and get about 12 mpg. Love the Beast.

Last edited by Daryl Hunter; 01-01-2005 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Language
Old 01-01-2005, 09:15 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the only family Ford Truck site, on the net. The members in this forum are very knowledgeable about these engines; they will eagerly help you…with your question. If you have a minute check out the Guidelines, it will help to understand more about FTE and how it operates.

Be sure to check out the 6.0 Bible…..great reading
http://dan.prxy.org/Truck/6L_bible_html/html/TOC.html
http://www.backglass.org/duncan/ps60_manual/

…. In the upper right hand corner of your screen check this out PARTS SHOP for all your “trucking” needs

Must read...if you like trucks
http://www.clubfte.com/users/monsta/SuperDutyFAQ.html
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=303583
Enjoy FTE

Old 01-01-2005, 10:45 PM
JamCracker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I was as ignorant as I thunk Iwas...

The manual does cover this extremely simple procedure. I thought I had looked in the manual to do this in the middle of the night at some truck stop in Wisconsin. I was just too chicken to pull much harder on the turn signal plastic to achieve the desired removal. Breaking plastic parts on new Fords costs lots of $$$. Please don't flame me for wasting everyones time.

Lesson learned: Listen to your wife the next time she asks you if you read the manual.

Now, does the Plain Jane SD have a way to overide the dome/cargo light door-switch activation like the push button on the Chevy dash headlight switch?

I am also interested in any and all info pertaining to the 6.0 fix for various running problems thread. I too have had a lightly aggravating problem that replacing the EGR did not completely fix. The problem has manifested itself when crossing from sea level to elevations as high as 7000 or so (Donner Pass - I-80, The grapevine on I-5 going south into Los Angeles, Flagstaff on I-40, others). Thus it sounds like the EBP. Just interested in comparing tales.

Love the Beast

Old 01-02-2005, 09:03 AM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the computer industry, we refer to "RTFM" or read the, uhh "furnished" manual. You get the idea.

Anyway, on your over the mountains issue, you have a barometric pressure sensor that works in conjuntion with temp and air flow. I would suspect the baro sensor.

As for the light, I don't know. There is a bunch of stuff in the manual for turning off the nagware on door locks and some other chimes.