2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Matt983
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus
Rain-X 22" for the drivers side
El Cheapo Wally World Brand 22" for the passenger side

Rain-X last for 2-3 months. I'm pretty OCD about wiper blades, so I change them at the 1 to 1 1/2 month point.
LMAO thats awesome! I NEED to be OCD like that because I put some bosch somethings on like 4 months ago and in this drizzling tsunami we've been having here in Texas it was pissing me off to the point I wanted to ripe the blades off. They worked GREAT when I first got them but they just kinda feel off a plateau this last month.

Thats pretty smart thinking putting the el cheapo's on the passenger side hahaha!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Joe04F150
Senior User
I treat the windshield monthly with Rain X...I barely ever use my wipers...

Old 08-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Slvr 2008 SS SC
Junior User
I like the;
Reflex Wiper Blades
From $16.99
Product #21-1400-2
from Canadian Tire. They gave me the best results and longevity for the money IMO. The only compliant is that in heavy rain storms the water cascades over the blade rather than whipping away. I pair them up with Rain 'X' washer fluid and appreciate the results.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM
OGNOM
Senior User
I use Rain-X on the windshield and 24" Rain-X blades. Hardly ever use the blades.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Frd67cobra
One question... if you upsize to 22's, do the blades ever hit your A-pillar on the backstroke?
nope

you can actually fit a 23" and maybe squeak a 24" in there
the problem with the 23" and 24" is the surface area they have.
the wiper arm is plenty strong for a 20-22" length wiper blade

but the larger blades begin to jump and hop on the glass. especially if it's drizzly out, and the windshield is 1/2 dry or 100% dry. I've found the 22" are the best compromise between large coverage area and optimum sweeping force

Old 08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Originally Posted by Matt983
LMAO thats awesome! I NEED to be OCD like that because I put some bosch somethings on like 4 months ago and in this drizzling tsunami we've been having here in Texas it was pissing me off to the point I wanted to ripe the blades off. They worked GREAT when I first got them but they just kinda feel off a plateau this last month.

Thats pretty smart thinking putting the el cheapo's on the passenger side hahaha!
I hate stuff on the windshield. I've been known to stop in a pouring rain to scrub bug guts off...all so I can get a streak free wiper pattern.

besides slow drivers, my biggest pet peeve for vehicles is bad wiper blades. No kidding, I buy a set about every month or so. At least the truck uses 2 22" blades. My other car has a 26" and a 18" blade. that gets a PITA trying to find a 26" wiper blade

Old 08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Capbyrd
Senior User
Originally Posted by tylus
I hate stuff on the windshield. I've been known to stop in a pouring rain to scrub bug guts off...all so I can get a streak free wiper pattern.

besides slow drivers, my biggest pet peeve for vehicles is bad wiper blades. No kidding, I buy a set about every month or so. At least the truck uses 2 22" blades. My other car has a 26" and a 18" blade. that gets a PITA trying to find a 26" wiper blade
This is extremely OCD but it drives me nuts. People that use their windsheild wipers when they dont need to. I have gotten people to roll down their windows to tell them turn off the wipers. a light drizzle or sprinkle is not call for the fastest friggin setting on your wipers. arggghhhhh

Old 08-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Frd67cobra
Senior User
Originally Posted by Capbyrd
This is extremely OCD but it drives me nuts. People that use their windsheild wipers when they dont need to. I have gotten people to roll down their windows to tell them turn off the wipers. a light drizzle or sprinkle is not call for the fastest friggin setting on your wipers. arggghhhhh
Why would you care about somebody else running their wipers? Some drivers may have weak vision and need a cleaner windshield to see properly. I wonder how many have told you to mind your own damn business when you tell them to turn off their wipers?

Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Capbyrd
This is extremely OCD but it drives me nuts. People that use their windshield wipers when they don't need to. I have gotten people to roll down their windows to tell them turn off the wipers. a light drizzle or sprinkle is not call for the fastest friggin setting on your wipers. arggghhhh
News at 11PM..."A local man was shot earlier today after he frightened an elderly man with poor eyesight and hearing while trying to adjust the intermittent wiper setting in his Buick Regal. The old man was packing heat and thought he was about to be car jacked by the individual yelling something about damage to wiper blades. The elderly man will not be charged..."

You Tennessee folk sure are nice to one another...If I tried that down here in Houston I'd get shot...by my wife...for attempting to talk to another driver.

I go with the Bosch ones from autozone. I get 6 or 8 months out of them.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:39 PM
fooch37
Freshman User
Why would you care about somebody else running their wipers? Some drivers may have weak vision and need a cleaner windshield to see properly. I wonder how many have told you to mind your own damn business when you tell them to turn off their wipers?
jeez, talk about minding your own biz??

Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Capbyrd
Senior User

I dont know why i care. I cant tell you that. But there is no reason, poor vision or not, to turn your windshield wipers on full blast because of two drops of water.

As for the other guy and "you tennessee people," I live in Memphis. It is the most racist city in the world and there is hostility towards everyone from everyone. Ive lived here my entire life and gotten used to the way people act around here. Im a really nice guy but when something bugs me as much as wipers do, i gotta know why they insist on leaving them on high. I just do.

Sorry if my pet peeve bothers you people but its something that i have to live with, not you.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
BlueOvalFitter
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Anybody have some of those Batman cookies?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Frd67cobra
Senior User
Originally Posted by bridge
News at 11PM..."A local man was shot earlier today after he frightened an elderly man with poor eyesight and hearing while trying to adjust the intermittent wiper setting in his Buick Regal. The old man was packing heat and thought he was about to be car jacked by the individual yelling something about damage to wiper blades. The elderly man will not be charged..."

You Tennessee folk sure are nice to one another...If I tried that down here in Houston I'd get shot...by my wife...for attempting to talk to another driver.

I go with the Bosch ones from autozone. I get 6 or 8 months out of them.
+1. Here in Florida with so many people carrying concealed weapons permits, that's a good way to have a .40 Glock pointed at you.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:45 AM
FYMR
Senior User
Originally Posted by f-150 on 22's
I have the Rain-x Latitudes and they are amazing! Get them from E-bay and you will pay like $30 for 2 blades instead of $45 in the store.
When i look up a f-150 i calls for 20". do i just order the 22"? stupid question most likely, but they attach all the same?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

yes. some of the brands have multiple attactments that snap into place. just select the one that looks like what is currently installed.

I have 22" wipers on mine right now. I just bought the $6 rain-x one for my drivers and the $3 cheapy for the passenger a week or 2 back.

works great. been running 22" wipers for about 2yrs now.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Blades