Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

diesel prices

Old 08-14-2008, 07:27 PM
crazymut
Posting Guru
crazymut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.crazymut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
diesel prices

I know nobody wants to get on a rant about diesel prices, but I payed a long time low of $4.19 a gallon today. Still way to high but alot better than $5.29 a gallon.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 PM
allis327
Senior User
allis327 has a good reputation on FTE.allis327 has a good reputation on FTE.allis327 has a good reputation on FTE.
4.08 in Melrose mn today

Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend
jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
4.14 in knoxville today

Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
It's a start.
I hope it goes all the way back down to $2.00, but I think that is a pipe dream.
If it goes to less than $3.00 it will be an accomplishment.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 PM
crazymut
Posting Guru
crazymut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.crazymut is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Usually this time of year, Labor Day coming up, the prices are going up. Hope they keep going down well after Labor Day.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:03 PM
maevans
Posting Guru
maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Still $ 4.59 a gallon here in Michigan.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:24 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
liftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to beholdliftedgrocerygetter is a splendid one to behold
Just paid 4.01 at my usually station yesterday. Just down the road from there it was 3.91 though.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:26 PM
gatorshooter
Freshman User
gatorshooter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

saw ad for $4.16 at raceway by the I-10 and my buddy called me said he saw a advertised $3.98 at another station. of course I was in the company car today, so I'll go fill up tommorrow in the truck. I'm thinking I have two 55 gal drums I may fill them as well if it drops much less than 4.00. I got a tractor and havn't bushhogged the pasture due to diesel prices. looks like it may get mowed after all.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 PM
WILDMAN_Stroker*7.3
Senior User
WILDMAN_Stroker*7.3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We dropped another $.10 overnight $3.88 here in Lake Jackson, Tx.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.
Damn...I paid $4.49 yesterday......some stations are still as high as $4.89.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 PM
theenforcer
Elder User
theenforcer has a good reputation on FTE.theenforcer has a good reputation on FTE.
geez id hate to see you guys pull into a fuel station over here, i was paying the prices you are screaming about seven years ago. average fuel price here is approx 8.10 for your gallon, quit your whinging...
ha ha

Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 PM
empiretc
Post Fiend
empiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to behold
you guys realize there are 2 important things bringing down the price of oil right now. even though there have been hurricanes in the gulf already and the there is tension w/ Russia, prices are not jumping like they did late last year.

1.) the upcoming presidential election. Both sides are trying to make everyone happy even though it doesn't seem that way. After 11-11-08, it will skyrocket.

2.) and the most important!- July, August & September is the quarter they use to calculate the current years inflation. remember, last year we only had 2% inflation. with the current fall in oil prices and the housing market slump, I wouldn't doubt that they would figure this years inflation rate about the same. even though we were paying almost 40% more for fuel. could you imagine if they had to adjust all SS, disability and welfare checks to reflect 40% inflation??

A lot of people do not realize this, but it's a simple truth of the way you can play the numbers. Economic growth is up, homes are starting to sell (due to the crash), and oil is dropping. Again, after 11-11-08 expect it to go up.

I am by no means a pessimist. I have just seen it done this way year after year after year. I do enjoy seeing the lower prices ($4.10 here) but don't expect them to go back to what we would all like. this is why I jumped into making bio.

And for you:

Originally Posted by theenforcer View Post
geez id hate to see you guys pull into a fuel station over here, i was paying the prices you are screaming about seven years ago. average fuel price here is approx 8.10 for your gallon, quit your whinging...
ha ha
you have posted that more than once around here. quit your trolling.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:14 PM
randomhero1172
Posting Guru
randomhero1172 has a good reputation on FTE.randomhero1172 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by maevans View Post
Still $ 4.59 a gallon here in Michigan.
!! I paid 3.99 at 6 mile and mt Eliot. (a know thats a little far from monroe!) and its average of 4.25

Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM
00Dave
Posting Guru
00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.00Dave has a good reputation on FTE.
The best price I've found around me is 3.99. I'm close to Oklahoma City.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 PM
randomhero1172
Posting Guru
randomhero1172 has a good reputation on FTE.randomhero1172 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by theenforcer View Post
ha ha
We are the United States in case you didn't notice. I know this may seem cocky but in all honestly the taxes your government enforce upon your petrol and diesel is a large reason why your fuel is so high. We DONT pay $8.00 a gallon and never will. We, as a people, will never let it get that far - we could also give less then a rats *** about fuel prices overseas. America is a MUCH different country then any of those "city-states" over the pond. Our government and economy's are almost incomparable - an allegory between our prices and yours is purely ignorant and uninformed at best. Your woes fall upon deaf ears - especially to many blue collar Americans who struggle to put food on the table in times of economic hardship. Frankly, its a slap in the face!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: diesel prices

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.