WTF hazards!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
BUMP, BUMP
I have a tekonsha controller with it built in.....but that is as far as I can help you

Old 08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pest007
I know that if I'm toying the toy hauler, bad things happen if I turn on my hazzard lights, it pops a fuse and locks the tranny up to where I can't shift out of park, and the ABS light comes on, but change the fuse, and no hazzards with the trailer hooked up and I'm good.
Ok, thanks.

Originally Posted by ron86toy
I have a tekonsha controller with it built in.....but that is as far as I can help you
What model of Tekonsha controller do you have, I have the Tekonsha P3 and I have issues if I turn on my hazzard lights, and I use to Have another brand of controller with issues, but with the pulse preventor not anymore issues in the past, and I thought the P3 came with it built in but it seems that NO. so Im thinking to connect again the Pulse preventor, what do you think?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
What model of Tekonsha controller do you have, I have the Tekonsha P3 and I have issues if I turn on my hazzard lights, and I use to Have another brand of controller with issues, but with the pulse preventor not anymore issues in the past, and I thought the P3 came with it built in but it seems that NO. so Im thinking to connect again the Pulse preventor, what do you think?
RÖENTGEEP, Not sure if this means anything but if you need to add a pulse preventor I believe there is another issue with the wiring of your truck/trailer. My 4 way flashers have never caused any problems with or without the trailer connected.
FWIW,
I have a cheap HayesElectronic Trailer Brake Controller, Modle #81741A. I have installed a P3 like yours on a 99 F250 and had no problems either.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cuda_jim
RÖENTGEEP, Not sure if this means anything but if you need to add a pulse preventor I believe there is another issue with the wiring of your truck/trailer. My 4 way flashers have never caused any problems with or without the trailer connected.
FWIW, I have a cheap HayesElectronic Trailer Brake Controller, Modle #81741A. I have installed a P3 like yours on a 99 F250 and had no problems either.
Well, Ok, thank you Jim, Im going to check the wiring of my truck/trailer.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 PM
powerstrokeddiesel
Posting Guru
hey ron have you did anything else with the bed??

Old 08-13-2008, 08:53 PM
ron86toy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by powerstrokeddiesel
hey ron have you did anything else with the bed??

Not yet...still collecting parts