2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TruckPerformance.com ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Jim Allen
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is happening more and more with online orders and it just happened to me with a computer part. If their website says "X" amount in stock, and then their receipt says "will ship next day" then they have made a commitment to me and I expect them to live up to it.

In my case, I was given the runaround and told they weren't sure when the part would be there (my 'puter was doa). When I said, "let's just cancel," they said (curtly) "OK". Part came two days later and the runaround required to return it wasn't worth the effort and expense. I didn't fight past that point because I still had a use for the part. It's a game they play. Get them to send a cancellation notice on paper and an immediate credit card refund (if applicable) then you are covered.

I believe mistakes are inevitable but it's how a mistake is rectified that counts more for or against them. If it's bad all the way down the line, a) never buy anything from them again and let them know it, b) give then any kind of negative feedback you can on any online rating systems you can find (but be honest and appropriate), c) if a larger remedy is required, such as what Bridge did, do it and keep them honest. It's analogous frivolous lawsuits... if the big companies starting fighting them instead of settling, many of the bogus suits would go away.

Bridge: You done good. Just the right way to handle it!

Old 08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
rocdril
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree w/myfx4, he should of been told if a part was on back order. Patience my a##. Its just bad customer service.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:06 PM
HankMurphy
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MyFX-4
Anyone else had a bad experience with this company ? I called and placed an order with them, after waiting for a week I called them to check the status of the order and was told they were waiting for it to come to them from the manufacturer, I explained that when I ordered I was not told it wasn't in stock and to go ahead and cancel the order, they told me they would have to receive a written statement from the manufacturer cancelling the order, I replied that I hadn't ordered from the manufacturer, but from TruckPerformance so they should cancel the order and refund the charges to my account, they replied "Okay". Guess what ? Part was delivered to my doorstep today, 2 1/2 weeks late and they charged my account, isn't that a little on the illegal side ?
Could you tell us what the part was? I ordered a tailgate mat via Amazon, credit card charged 7/21/2008, actual seller (realtruck com - I don't know if they are an FTE sponsor or not) didn't notify me about shipping until 7/26, part arrived 8/1, but actually shipped from the factory rather than from the seller. I can understand not shipping a comparatively heavy item twice, so shipping from the factory is OK. However, I don't like having my card charged until the item actually ships.

I had a similar nuisance trying to order Auto Vent Shade stainless steel door sill protectors. I went through two orders, both cancelled, at which point I found that they were no longer available.

Online ordering still has a long way to go before it matches a competent local seller. Of course, finding a competent local seller can be a challenge, too...

Hank Murphy
2008 F-150 XL

Old 08-02-2008, 06:13 PM
MyFX-4
Freshman User
Sure, Flex A Lite 270 Electric fan kit, they never said a word about not being in stock or only ordering from the factory when someone orders from them, so it is false advertising at minimum, I actually got another kit for cheaper elsewhere, locally, no one had one in stock at all, and would have to have ordered one in at a higher cost than I paid! I have an extra kit for sale now if someone wants it, $550.00 Shipped ?

Old 08-02-2008, 06:17 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
you might call your credit card company, explain what happened and see if you have any recourse...

at the minimum, if you contest the charges, they will remove them from your account for 60 days while they sort it out...