1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Home at last...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 03:33 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Home at last...

Hi everyone,
Today I finally got the '53 home from my neighbor's garage. I would have left it there longer but my neighbor is selling the house. It's sort of an inconvenience but there is a plus side to it. Everytime I got an idea or wanted to measure something I had to go over there and get into the garage. I had my own key but I still felt like an intruder. Now I just have to go to the carport next to my shop and not feel bad about it anytime I want to look at something. To my surprise, my wife was actually pushing me to get it moved. I guess she figures that since I have gone so far as to get the truck, an extra cab, bed and frame plus two donor vehincles, it's time to quite dragging my feet and do something. So, I guess this counts as a start.

Later Folks...

Old 07-27-2008, 07:01 PM
raerjim
Fleet Mechanic
Dave- Still no gallery? What's up with that?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:17 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
ditto!! Let's see what you got ,man!!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:23 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
cmon dave we all seen scoobygator now lets see the 53 !!!!!!!!! when you pull it off it's frame , the 53 , you can just drop over here in illinois at my place , the frame that is !!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:23 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny...you put it off when it's far away...sorta gives you a "feel good" as to why you don't work on them...then...you drag it home and sit and stare for a bit...sorta get overwhelemed abut every thing that needs to get done...so, you sit around for a year or two more, thinking "I'll get to it"...

Then, one day you walk outside, all the yard wiork is done, nothing to do inside...even "honey", isn't nagging about anything. You make a choice...watch TV or get busy on the truck.

Then the fun begins

Old 07-27-2008, 09:07 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
your wife quit nagging bout things needing to be done ? what did you do ?? what prescription drugs did she take ????LOL!!!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:38 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Got something better...

Originally Posted by raerjim
Dave- Still no gallery? What's up with that?
I never started a gallery because the '53 has it's own webpage.
CLICK HERE and it will take you there. The pictures are bigger and there's lots more room for whatever I want to do or say. Eventually I will be adding sound and video.

Later Man...

Old 07-28-2008, 07:40 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Click here...

Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
ditto!! Let's see what you got ,man!!
CLICK HERE

Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
You're gonna love this...

Originally Posted by 55 f350
cmon dave we all seen scoobygator now lets see the 53 !!!!!!!!! when you pull it off it's frame , the 53 , you can just drop over here in illinois at my place , the frame that is !!!!!!!

I just happen to have a very nice frame that I would like to sell or trade for other stuff I need. I bought it as part of a bunch of '53 stuff a guy was getting rid of on ebay. I got the frame, a bare cab, (no doors or windows), and a bed with a tailgate and no fenders for $75.00. The ironic thing here is that it came from Illinois. North central area I think. If you are interested, the frame is completely stripped of everything that was bolted on.

Later Man...

Old 07-28-2008, 07:54 AM
49willard
Cargo Master
Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts
Dave A great shop wwith the right toys to dig into that 53! The one magor item missing from my garage is the plasma cutter.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:05 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
It's always fun here...

Originally Posted by 3Mike6
Funny...you put it off when it's far away...sorta gives you a "feel good" as to why you don't work on them...then...you drag it home and sit and stare for a bit...sorta get overwhelemed abut every thing that needs to get done...so, you sit around for a year or two more, thinking "I'll get to it"...

Then, one day you walk outside, all the yard wiork is done, nothing to do inside...even "honey", isn't nagging about anything. You make a choice...watch TV or get busy on the truck.

Then the fun begins
Hi Mike,
Yep, I'm in the stare stage now. However, I really didn't feel too good about the truck and the extra stuff being in my neighbors garage. I have to admit that I was glad I had a place for it to stay for a while. It was a really nice gesture for my neighbor to let me keep it there. Every time I went to look at it for one reason or another, it reminded me of going to vist a friend in the hospital. Silly, huh??? I spent two whole days working to make a decent place for all the stuff here. I do feel better now that it's all here.

I'm retired and I'm in the shop every day. I do take in a limited amount of work doing this and that for some extra opperational funds. That's good in one way, but it puts off what I want to be doing. Given her view on things, I have to admit that my wife has been pretty good about it all. I don't watch the TV unless it's late at night or I'm too damn tired to do anything else. There is a TV in the shop that I have on once in a while. I have had it on for Power Block TV on Spike but I usually forget to turn it on for that.

Later Man...

Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 AM
raerjim
Fleet Mechanic
WOW!! I take it back!!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:15 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Not quite...

Originally Posted by 55 f350
your wife quit nagging bout things needing to be done ? what did you do ?? what prescription drugs did she take ????LOL!!!!!!!!
I guess I sholud have been more explicit... She has not given up nagging. As I believe I said here before, she has a Black Belt in Nagging. That was why I was surprised when she was being supportive. At least I think that was what she was doing. Maybe it was a way of trying to get me to do more now and do it faster. Who knows??? I've been tryin' to figure her out for forty years. I think it must be that fuzzy logic thing or something. For the most part I have given up. When things get heated I just whip a quick "Yes Dear" on her and it's all over.

Later Man...

Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Am I right???

Originally Posted by raerjim
WOW!! I take it back!!
Now, is that as good or better than a gallery???

Maybe I should go to the gallery and put in one pictuire with the link to the page on it. I realize people would not normally expect some fool like me to be spending lots of time making a page for the truck. My son also has a '53 he is getting ready to start on and I will probably try to get a page started for him. His ideas are more radical than mine.

Later Man...

Old 07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 49willard
Dave A great shop wwith the right toys to dig into that 53! The one magor item missing from my garage is the plasma cutter.
Hi Willard,
Thanks for the kind words man. I have a lot to learn about using the plasma cutter. So far I haven't used it that much or been that good at it. I need to learn about settings, tip selection and air regulator settings. Unfortunately the book that came with it is of little use in that department. I need a copy of Plasma Cutters for Dummies I guess. So far I haven't found that one.

Later Man...