General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Been away for some time. Whats the deal with the sunglasses in the avatar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You're THE MAN Joe! I've said it many times before,and probably will many times again.....You and all the other Soldiers over there have my 100% support! I'm not a veteran, but I understand what you stand for, and sacrifice for.......FOR ALL OF US! We'll toast you at my place tomorrow, I'm having a big BBQ party for the Arizona FTE'rs. Stay safe and get yer butt home Joe!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:14 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
You're THE MAN Joe! I've said it many times before,and probably will many times again.....You and all the other Soldiers over there have my 100% support! I'm not a veteran, but I understand what you stand for, and sacrifice for.......FOR ALL OF US! We'll toast you at my place tomorrow, I'm having a big BBQ party for the Arizona FTE'rs. Stay safe and get yer butt home Joe!
Couldn't have said it any better, were proud of yaaa.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
That_Guy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Izzy351
You guys have been busy overnight (it's about 7:30am here).

Cris -- whatever you can send is good. It's not what's in the box, it's the idea that you and your family take time out of your day to put it together & send it. It really means a lot, and so do all the kind words from you all here.

And Chris (the other one, with an 'h'!) -- don't worry about it!! It's more about us knowing you all are behind us than what's in the boxes. With much of the news sources acting like we've lost over here, it's good to hear from folks who are behind us. Trust me, it's not lost here. There are good days and bad. Lots of good folks and some bad ones. If we could just be allowed to actually GO AFTER the little $#!theads that take pot shots at military vehicles, or CONVINCINGLY nail the b@$t@rd$ that like to lob their $#!tty ordiance into the base then run like cowards, it might be different. But we aren't allowed to -- we're a "kinder, gentler" military. Makes me sick.

Anyway, I can't see Mike's pic since it's on Photobucket (a blocked site over here), would one of you kindly send it my way please? Would love to see it!

On another note, I'm having SERIOUS 7.3 withdrawls!! Most of the trucks here are 6.0s, there are some gassers, some small Dakota quad-cabs, and even fewer full-size Dodges & Chebbys. In fact at breakfast this morning, I heard a truck start, and I was like "D@mn, what's wrong with that one??" Then I realized it was a 7.3!!! It was like music to my ears, people... I needed a cigarette afterwards -- pure sex (well, almost). I wanted to follow it and see where it was going so I could just listen to it, but we had to get to work. Well, that's my "dirty" truck story. Not as good as y'all's, but it's as good as I can get this early before coffee kicks in.
I can only imagine goin that long with out my truck, even when the trans was shot and I was waiting to get it fixed I still drove it down the street and back just to hear it, the #8 injector knock sounds heavenly after a few days without it.

What he said^^^^^^^

Old 07-26-2008, 07:06 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Ditto. Keep up the good work, stay safe, and come home soon!

Old 07-27-2008, 02:03 AM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by strokersace
Could only find one pic with sunglasses. I'm the one on the left.

Ryan
Love the golf cart in it!!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:01 AM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like things have been quite in here today. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Well today was the AZ chapter G2G. I just thought I would post a couple pics of mine, Travis(UP_There) and Robins (PaysonPSD) trucks and a group picture from the AZ members. I pulled the silly girl and blurred my face in the pic, I was laughing so hard at Robin that I looked like a serious idiot.

In the picture is: Travis, Rich (frye82), Patrick (rugermack), Rique (pharm_doc), me, Robin (PaysonPSD), Mark (AzBlueWolf), Bart (helifixer), Bill (Bill W) and Dave (Garbz2)

Robin also got some pics, I am sure he has a few picked out that he is going to post.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Cris..... You know the dril. Email, please.

Thanks again!!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 AM
That_Guy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by liftedgrocerygetter
Looks like things have been quite in here today. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Well today was the AZ chapter G2G. I just thought I would post a couple pics of mine, Travis(UP_There) and Robins (PaysonPSD) trucks and a group picture from the AZ members. I pulled the silly girl and blurred my face in the pic, I was laughing so hard at Robin that I looked like a serious idiot.

In the picture is: Travis, Rich (frye82), Patrick (rugermack), Rique (pharm_doc), me, Robin (PaysonPSD), Mark (AzBlueWolf), Bart (helifixer), Bill (Bill W) and Dave (Garbz2)

Robin also got some pics, I am sure he has a few picked out that he is going to post.

It has been pretty slow around here all weekend. I guess Lisa is packing, and I think Scott has been working, but other than that Im not sure where everyone else is. Those are some nice looking trucks, I wish I could have attended, even though I was in AZ once and the family ended up spending the whole week in the pool it was so hot lol.

Well Imm off to bed now, Its 7:17am and Im still up.

Edit: Scratch that, goin to bed now at 7:56

Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like a good time in Arizona. Wish the Houston area guys would be willing to do a little something like that.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:40 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Texas Outlaw
Looks like a good time in Arizona. Wish the Houston area guys would be willing to do a little something like that.
I've been thinking the same thing. I'd been invited to the Arkansas Chapter's G2G, but it was too far a drive for just a weekend thing. I would love it if some of us could get together locally. I am about 35 miles south of Houston. There are a few members, within a 50-60 mile radius of Houston, that could possibly meet someday. Something that could be realized.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am 30 miles north of Houston and would be willing to meet up in Houston somewhere for some lunch or something. There are some good BBQ joints in H-Town...

Old 07-27-2008, 07:55 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no one around me at all. So a GTG would be me.myself and I

Old 07-27-2008, 08:06 AM
WILDMAN_Stroker*7.3
Senior User
I think it would be a good time I live just down the road from Mueckster (Roland) we been talkingf and emailing some. We need to plan an outing.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:35 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool pics Cris, bet a great time indeed!!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:58 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Alright......what's with the blurred out face in the pic Cris? You were one of the only SOBER ones, and you hide the face? lol Was a good time eh? Looking at those pics now.......you DEFINITELY need to lift your truck higher, it's looking like a lowrider that close to mine

Quick Reply: Been away for some time. Whats the deal with the sunglasses in the avatar?