General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Been away for some time. Whats the deal with the sunglasses in the avatar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Lisa......a change of this type is sometimes the very BEST thing that can happen. When I hired out on the railroad, I had to go to a TERRIBLE little town in New Mexico for like 3 years. It was what I had to do to get my foot into the door. I made the decision to do it even though it was DRASTIC change. Well long story short.....I never would've met my wife in another city like 2hrs from there if I wouldn't have made the move. Opportunity sometimes only knocks a few times in life......grab onto it! If he's "the one" it doesn't matter where you live....as long as you're together!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
That_Guy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokin'
Sorry, I don't know where I picked that up from then. Nice limo.
Its cool, that limo was nice..I think..dont remember to much from that night to be honest.

And the girl in the pic is not longer around, she ran off with my best friend, so hes stuck with her now

Old 07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes I'm talking about you. I posted pics of ashton so other people could see what I meant. You look at a lot like him, at least, in the picture you posted. Of course people think I look like Gretchen Wilson.... maybe so with a hat on and sunglasses but we look nothing alike in the face....

OK FINE, you guys win. GOD. Cris told me I should just post it and get it over with but like a fool I didn't listen to her.

I told you it wasn't a big deal. I had been camping for days, had my hair in braids because we had been riding quads for days and we're covered in dirt and dust.
That is nice, I need to drive nearly 11 hours in my state to see something close to that, so, dont get to much..

Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as Randy being the one...well before my dad passed when he was real sick, he told me he knew Randy was the one and he wanted me to marry him, and that he was glad Randy came around before he was gone because he knew I would be taken care of. Thats about all I needed to hear right there. I'm not quite ready for marriage yet, but I'm a real slow mover lol.
That's awesome. Dad's blessing means a lot, or it does to me anyway. Sounds like a fun change, really. I could really go for a similar change right about now.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go for it Lisa, Chances like this don't happen very often. Ironically, it was a leap of faith that brought me to Colorado.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by jtharvey
That's awesome. Dad's blessing means a lot, or it does to me anyway. Sounds like a fun change, really. I could really go for a similar change right about now.
he was my best friend and I could really care less what anyone else thought. lol. Change is good, i'll keep telling myself that!

Originally Posted by Ponyboychris
Go for it Lisa, Chances like this don't happen very often. Ironically, it was a leap of faith that brought me to Colorado.
Leap of faith. Gosh. Some people make it look easy, I see it all the time. You know if anything, it'll be good for me to get out of my comfort zone and experience some new things. I just called my realtor and I have him making preparations to put my house on the market. I can't believe I just said that.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
he was my best friend and I could really care less what anyone else thought. lol. Change is good, i'll keep telling myself that!

Leap of faith. Gosh. Some people make it look easy, I see it all the time. You know if anything, it'll be good for me to get out of my comfort zone and experience some new things. I just called my realtor and I have him making preparations to put my house on the market. I can't believe I just said that.
I wish I could say it was easy, but I managed. I'm a planner too, had a lot riding on my move up here and don't regret it. I also had convinced myself that if this didn't work, something else would come up and have to roll with it.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Smokin'
Smokin
Originally Posted by Ponyboychris
I wish I could say it was easy, but I managed. I'm a planner too, had a lot riding on my move up here and don't regret it. I also had convinced myself that if this didn't work, something else would come up and have to roll with it.
Curious, what inspired your move to the Denver area? Where did you move from?

Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
I used to come up here as a kid to visit relatives in the summer. Moved right after I graduated from college. Came from... gulp... southern California. Fontana actually.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Change is good, i'll keep telling myself that!
You'll make it just fine. I don't think you'd let yourself not make it.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lisa, i used to live in the suburbs right outside of Philly, nice tree lined street, single colonials, great school district but high taxes exct, exct. Wanted better for my family and i moved 54 miles away out to the country, best move we ever made. My inlaws moved out here right up the street but sometimes change is good and in my case, yes it was. Good luck on the real estate mumbo jumbo and were all behind you and your hubby. Like they say, the first step is always the hardest.

Last edited by big poppa; 07-23-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Sorry, forgot to mention the high taxes as the reason for the move....
Old 07-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Originally Posted by 4inchlovin
I can't figure out how to make my pics small enough to be a avatar...
I use a program called AvatarSizer.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
crazymut
Laughing Gas

I cant find one with glasses but here I am.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:26 PM
crazymut
Laughing Gas

Now I have one. And the Crazymut is yhere too.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Right on Crazymut...

Quick Reply: Been away for some time. Whats the deal with the sunglasses in the avatar?