Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Kansas chapter lake day (round 2)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:13 AM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kansas chapter lake day (round 2)

Ok, so the first try at getting a lake day together didn't quite pan out with everyones schedules so I think we ought to try this again.

I want to start by getting a short list of possible dates and locations together so we can get polls up and out of the way so we can start planning early. Remember, a good part of the chapter is going to be in Colorado wheelin (while the rest of us slave away), they will be there the first part of August so from there until weather permits is up for grabs. My thoughts would be we have it around the end of Aug-begining of Sept. area and call it the Aug/Sept get together but that is just my thoughts, this thread is for EVERYONE to speak thier oppinion and offer other suggestions

As far as location there are quite a few lakes in the state however some of them such as Eldorado or Cheney are infested with "zebra muscles", these things are VERY hard on a boat and your feet if your out wading around in the water. Again, I thought Tuttle lake might be a good option, we could do a little wheeling sat and the lake day Sun?? Agian just my 2 cents, post up your ideas and thoughts.

I would like to have a short list of dates and locations by next weekend or so and I can get the polls up SO LETS HEAR THOSE IDEAS GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuttle sounds good and the last part of aug beggining of Sept.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
I'd suggest avoiding the labor day weekend because there will be a ton of people and also lots of folks plan to do other things that weekend. Tuttle works for me, but I would be open to other locations. Milford over at JC is also a great lake and has some good fishing if that is your thing. I'm not too familiar with other lakes unless we consider something out west like Wilson Webster, or Waconda. And I haven't been to any of them for quite a few years.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
Waconda is awsome... Sept works better for me... Tuttle is always great :-)

Old 07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Milford lake has Nudie Beach, only heard rumors bout that beach, never been on it.

It seems like the water in the lake is cleaner than tuttle, at least portions I seen for swimming.

Waconda lake is a nice lake, I really haven't been to to many other lakes, I used to enjoy Ottawa county State Lake, but it is not a swimming lake, or a skiing lake. only fishing and relaxing lake.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
someone once told me that council grove lake won some kinds of awards as far as a camping/lake experience. I haven't personally been there, just drove by it a bunch of times.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here are some links that might be usefull in the decision

Waconda lake: http://www.glenelder.com/waconda_lake.htm
Kansas department of wildlife and parks: State Parks / KDWP - KDWP
Counsil Grove: http://www.naturalkansas.org/council.htm

Old 07-21-2008, 08:34 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Council Grove has two lakes. One is the city lake and it is pretty much private cabins all around the lake. The other is the state lake. I haven't been there for a bunch of years, but it has some nice camping areas. Also, Council Grove is a neat little town with some interesting places and history. Hays House resturaunt is one of the oldest in the state and dates back to the 1850's, plus they have good food.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
I like food! :-) COucil grove is a cute little town I've driven buy it a couple of times.