Corrected video of my 6.97 run...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corrected video of my 6.97 run...

I have a confession to make. At the racetrack, my wife left early so I didn't get any video the 6.97 run, and I thought we were the only ones taking video, so my assumption was that the pass went unrecorded. As a result I posted the only video we did get that day, the 7.009 pass, as the 6.97. I figured it would have to do as a representation of the run, and was close enough that nobody could tell the difference anyway.

As it turns out, the run DID get recorded by another racer, and they gave it to me today. Yahoooo! I was thrilled. So I have corrected the videos on Youtube to show the run accurately. It is also a very good video, and caught some great audio.

Just before the video was taken, a bullet bike rider came up to the truck and asked if he could race me. I told him I didn't care, but he needed to be aware that if I came into his lane, or he into mine, he would likely be killed. He told me that was OK because "I don't think I'll go past you", and you can hear him say it just as the video starts. After the run, you can hear the announcer start to say "I believe that's our first 6 second pass" but it gets cut off in the video.

Also, about the long startup in the video. Usually I start the truck by pressing the accelerator to about 3/4 throttle and hold it while I hit the starter button. Just as the engine starts to catch (which is usually immediate) I let up on the throttle and the starter button simultaneously. On this start I missed it by just a hair, as you can hear, and that leaves alot of fuel in the manifold. So when I pressed the throttle again I got another squirter shot, which made it worse (can you say flooded?), and just had to let it crank until it cleaned up enough to start. Bonehead move, all caught on video. Typical.

Enjoy!

YouTube - Track Record! 6.97 1/8 mile pass in F250

-Scouder

Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wowser a great video indeed. Honesty is a great policy, thumbs up man!!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:16 PM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man that truck is just smokin fast!!! The 511 sounds GREAT! Looks cool with the slicks on all 4. Really nice job!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 06:44 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well Scoot! I have to honestly say thats the first time in all my years I have seen a 4x4 leave and gain on a Crotch rocket....Very impressive Bud!!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Well the guy on the bike was a ***** man.. I had a Katana 1100 I assure you i'd of been right on your *** on... that guy didn't even break wind on that ****ing bike..

Old 07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Redmanbob
Well the guy on the bike was a ***** man.. I had a Katana 1100 I assure you i'd of been right on your *** on... that guy didn't even break wind on that ****ing bike..
What?

I think you are saying that you would have been right with me on the Katana. Maybe so...but don't forget that your Katana would be down 20% on horsepower here because of altitude, so you might do it, but it wouldn't be easy. Yes, this guy was weak on his launch, but not all of them are, and there have been plenty of bullet bikes trying to get a 6 second run here without success. The altitude here is like a reverse supercharger, pulling 3.4 lbs of boost OUT of your engine.

-Scouder

Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Redmanbob
Logistics Pro
Agreed, it'd be tanted but I assure you, this ole boy aint scared of kitty kat. That guy was not even ready for my sisters ****. JMO... I rode the Kat for 5 years and smoked many a new bike on it. The mechanic that tuned it got a hard on everytime it was dropped off for a tune. He shared openly with me that he enjoyed it's visits and could never resist a a spritz on it. "NOT STOCK AT ALL" not a fancy handling as a GSXR but in a straight line the thing was fkn sick.. I sold it after pushing it over 157 with my kid brother on the back.. it was time to wake up..

Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Corrected video of wicked fast is...still wicked fast. LOL That right there is some funny stuff Brian.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 PM
freejay
More Turbo
I just can't help but laugh when I watch that! Very sweet!! What kind of 1/4 mile time do you think it would post?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by freejay
I just can't help but laugh when I watch that! Very sweet!! What kind of 1/4 mile time do you think it would post?
It would be very close to a 10.99 here at altitude, and would easily be a 10 at sea level.

-Scouder

Old 07-13-2008, 02:01 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Damn, that is smoking! Good lord.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 PM
428HIGHBOY
Senior User
I sure would like to see it with some Boggers in the mud. What kind of HP do you think it is producing?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by 428HIGHBOY
I sure would like to see it with some Boggers in the mud. What kind of HP do you think it is producing?
On the bottle, at this altitude, it is over 800. I can only guess.

-Scouder

Old 07-22-2008, 03:07 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
darn! can't see the video at work.. I'll have to check it out at home..

Congrats on the smoking fast run.

yes, I'm still alive....

greg

Old 07-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by gtex
darn! can't see the video at work.. I'll have to check it out at home..

Congrats on the smoking fast run.

yes, I'm still alive....

greg

You'll like it.

-Scouder

Quick Reply: Corrected video of my 6.97 run...