I want a better heater.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 01:08 AM
whitebenz
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I want a better heater.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-Apr-02 AT 02:12 AM (EST)]Thank God you brought this topic up here I have a 1985 ford bronco with the 300 six , itnever gets warm in the back area. Form your input I have figured out what to do.

First come off of the heater hoses to the right rear quarter panel (probably use copper or cpvc pipe)

second get a new heater coar and mount inside of the quarter panel, in a box (like a fan shroud) put a grill on it and a standard prop type fan and wala.

to regulat the flow of water I will use the heater valve that mounts under the hood (like in my 1972 f-250) with a manual type choke cable

by george I think it will work.

I have been trying to figure out what to do for years to fix this problem. THANKS GUYS

djb

Old 04-15-2002, 07:28 PM
restorit
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want a better heater.

I agree 150%! There's got to be a better way to warm the interior of these trucks! I'm going to check some salvage yards this summer, also, to see what some of the vans and mini vans are using. There may be something ready-made that I can swap over and fit to the Bronco. If not, building a heater box shouldn't be too hard. Just a heater core, insulation, and a fan to pull heat off the core and direct it through a grille. J.C. Whitney sells ready-made units, but at $150 - $200, I think we can make up our own that will also take up less space. Good luck!