The 1 that got away - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

The 1 that got away

Old 07-01-2008, 05:06 AM
bigunred
Elder User
bigunred is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The 1 that got away

What was the one Ford you got rid of yet wish you never did ? Mine was a 59 F 100 SWB with a built 312 out of a t bird four speed and 4:10 gears it was a blast and you just never see another when cruising. I got rid of it for some party money back in the day, not my brightest moment I admmit. So lets have it what did you once have that you'd still like to have?

Old 07-01-2008, 05:34 AM
bliff_man
Senior User
bliff_man is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine wasnt a Ford, but I really miss my 65 Plymouth Fury. Even though if I still had it, if would just be collecting dust due to gas prices.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Bill W
Post Fiend
Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Mine was a 1963 E100 Built on the Van platform But it was a pickup! Had that thing for 10 + years There is a Picture of it in my Galleries I miss that Truck! I never saw another one with the Blinkers above the headlights like it had.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
AzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud ofAzBlueWolf has much to be proud of
86 F250 4x4 460 C6 8mpg uphill, downhill, loaded or empty

even pushing snow with the 8' fischer plow barely slowed it down...

I could build snowbanks 9 feet high!!

Mark

Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
garbz2
Post Fiend
garbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to allgarbz2 is a name known to all
Not a Ford.

70 AAR Cuda, 340 six pak car, A833np, rally pac guages.

I came home from work one day and it was not there...Asked my mom WTF is my car, oh some guy gave me $300 for it.....That was 1982 and i learned an important lesson. Dont let your mom buy you a car, and dont buy a new one and let the Cuda sit.....

I still have evil feelings..............

Garbz

Old 07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
helifixer
Post Fiend
helifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputationhelifixer has a superb reputation
obviously you haven't seen my collection. I still own everything I ever had except for the 74 Dodge D100 and the 93 Nissan pathfinder .

Old 07-03-2008, 11:07 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
ANdrewdrice is starting off with a positive reputation.
95 ford bronco on 32s ans 180000 miles on the ticker (I know barely broke in!!!) however nine miles to the gallon..........but I wish I still had it. easy to park, pulls decently, off roadin SOB. *tear*

Old 07-04-2008, 06:57 AM
MnBoomer
Junior User
MnBoomer is starting off with a positive reputation.
A 1967 Mercury Cougar. (almost identical to a Mustang). V8, 289, 3 speed on the floor, fun and fast. Loved the flip open/closed headlights and blinking side-to-side tail lights.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 AM
bigunred
Elder User
bigunred is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I also had a 72 mach one with a 351 cj and a four speed. I traded that one for a 66 gto project that turned out to be stolen so I got boned on that one.

Jason

Old 07-08-2008, 09:55 AM
rugermack
Posting Guru
rugermack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rugermack is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
62" Ford F100 Unibody, would have liked to build it up as a street truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.