2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone used one of these? Up to 50% more MPG

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As they say "A fool and their money are soon parted". We're halfway there. Wonder if he has any money?

Old 06-29-2008, 06:42 PM
ketchup
Junior User
I will second the motion to allow someone on this site to try one of your units

With what I have been reading, it may work, older cars and trucks no problem, but the computer controlled intakes and exhaust now, how do you plan on fooling the sensor (maf), or oxygen sensors in the exhaust to put less gas in the chambers?? That seems to be the issue to me. I have a 2005 f150 sc, and it will be under powertrain warranty until 100k, so I don't want to "try" one of these on my vehicle until somebody legitimately tries it, and documents the findings...totally. I'm all for good ideas, heck I've tried some myself, but I don't want to risk it when I don't know you guys from Adam. I need a commonly known professional(like the show trucks) or a good friend of my own to try it. Thanks for the info anyway.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 PM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by icemanrrc
Well, well, well........ For all the folks who said it was a crock. Look what was in today's paper!

Hydrogen joins gas at station in Calif. | ajc.com
That has nothing to do with a DIY HHO generator for boosting mileage. Vehicles have been running on hydrogen for quite some time, much like other pressurized gasses like propane and methane. There is already such stations in in cali, that just happened to be the first 'retail' one. Vehicles that would fuel up there are designed to run on H2 and what we are talking about here is adding a very small amount of H2 (plus O2) into the air intake of a conventional gas engine for the puropse of increasing economy.

Originally Posted by 1saxman
HHO gas is real. Thousands of guys all over the world have been making these small gas generators to work in cars. Simply, a current passed through water generates the gas called 'HHO'. You can find out how to do it yourself on You Tube.
The link to the thread here on FTE I provided also has a lot of info and plans.

I'd just like to see some proof that these actually boost mileage in a gasoline motor, thats all, and not from some small internet based business making these things.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:05 PM
irishammer
Senior User
As soon as we see Billy Mays hawking it on tv we will know it is for real then....

Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
they'll even throw some extra tubs of OxyClean in for free

just pay shipping and handling

Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 AM
ggarrahan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, and the OxyClean might actually work!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by icemanrrc
Well, well, well........ For all the folks who said it was a crock. Look what was in today's paper!

Hydrogen joins gas at station in Calif. | ajc.com
except that's already split from the water, it's pure hydrogen. nobody denies that you can burn hydrogen, we all know that burns. It's the pos battery leads hooked up to a plastic bucket that somehow generates enough gas to power a car that everyone is doubting. Also, all of these sites have testimonials from so called "good people making a difference". funny how they have all this gathered up, all the theory in the world that to the non chemistry major is phrased to make sense, but there's actually no regulated test proof or anything to actually prove any of those claims.

where's the air fuel ratio reading at cruising and wide open throttle of before and after?

oh yeah, and the whole big corporations are plotting to keep this a secret and they poisoned some douchebag scammer; I guess that's the reason they keep making prototypes that run on hydrogen, right? like the Superchief... but of course, you guys can do the same thing for 600 bucks and retrofit it to a 1978 delta.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Whonoswho
Freshman User
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
If the device operated as claimed, the combustion cycle would start and end in the same state while extracting usable energy, thereby violating both the first and second laws of thermodynamics, allowing operation as a perpetual motion machine.

Your friend of a friend is a liar.
Its not perpetual motion who said it was it is still burning gasoline people!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
huh?

they state that you take a molecule of water, split it, burn the hydrogen off, exhuast passes into tailpipe, then it magically recombines into water

this violates several proven theories. and your right, it isn't perpetual motion.

Fosters was off on a tangent about the article that proved HHO technology worked. The article instead demonstrated that a true Hydrogen vehicle was around and Fosters commented about the Superchief doing the same as the little Yota mentioned.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 AM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I haven't had this good a laugh in a while. Take it from a NASA scientist, this won't work.

What's funny is their "HHO" nomenclature. Oxygen's stable form is diatomic and at STP will exist as a diatomic molecule. So, basically, their chemical equation lacks balance. It seems to me the only thing making it into the engine is water vapor or the ambient air in the reservoir.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:20 AM
xjcamaro89
Posting Guru
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
So just go to a crap gas station and fill up with their watered down gas and save yourself the cost of this kit and installation time.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Whonoswho
if it's not still burning gasoline, and can truly idle on this magical HHO; all you have to do is post a video of it idling on this HHO while you're pulling the plugs on the injectors. The engine should keep idling, right?

I'll be waiting.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:51 PM
irishammer
Senior User
I'm guessing you will be waiting a loooooooong time!!!!! LOL

Old 07-19-2008, 01:53 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Whonoswho
The water part of the equation would be perpetual motion machine. The reason is in order for this concept to work you'd have to extract as much or more energy out of burning the hydrogen and oxygen as is used to split the water in the first place. The underlyin concept of perpetual motion is extracting more energy from something than it ultimately inputs. Perpetual motion doesn't mean it runs forever - rather it means the perpetual part of the machine is a closed system which produces more than it consumes.

Its many people never took physics courses or didn't do well in them.

Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Whonoswho
Freshman User
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
The water part of the equation would be perpetual motion machine. The reason is in order for this concept to work you'd have to extract as much or more energy out of burning the hydrogen and oxygen as is used to split the water in the first place. The underlyin concept of perpetual motion is extracting more energy from something than it ultimately inputs. Perpetual motion doesn't mean it runs forever - rather it means the perpetual part of the machine is a closed system which produces more than it consumes.

Its many people never took physics courses or didn't do well in them.

Have taken physics and if you actually read up on the ideal ( I am not saying it works but lets use an open mind and not say it is breaking laws of physics) it uses the gases to help burn the gasoline/or diesel more completely (efficiently) as a catalyst then the gasoline or diesel normally burns creating better economy. I have been told my an automobile engineer that the most fuel efficient cars are still less than 25% efficient so there is alot of room for improvement so if you improve the efficiency of burning the fuel (gasoline/diesel)with a little HHO maybe you could have enough extra energy to power the HHO generator. I do not think it will run using this HHO generating reactor at all without the addition of another fuel source, not sure if it will help at all but I am open to the idea if it pans out I might intall one oneday.

Tim

Quick Reply: Anyone used one of these? Up to 50% more MPG