1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

e-mail notifications?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:00 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question e-mail notifications?

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.</TD></TR><TR><TD><SELECT id=sel_autosubscribe name=autosubscribe> <OPTION value=-1>Do not subscribe</OPTION> <OPTION value=0>No email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=1 selected>Instant email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>Daily email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>Weekly email notification</OPTION></SELECT> <LABEL for=sel_autosubscribe>Default Thread Subscription Mode:</LABEL> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I have choosen that option and had received the email notifications, but NOT ANYMORE, why?, anybody has the same issue?.

Thanks.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had mine turned off for some time. Drove me nuts .. especially on a popular thread. Just checked and mine is still set for "no email notification".

Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine still works.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Question

Originally Posted by Hussler
I've had mine turned off for some time. Drove me nuts .. especially on a popular thread. Just checked and mine is still set for "no email notification".
So your is set in "no email notification" and you receive the notification?, maybe Im going a try that.

also thanks Neal.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:41 PM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you saying you want them and arent getting them?
I havent noticed a change.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:48 PM
foxracing0934
Posting Guru
Ya i am having the same problem. I used to get them, and i havent changed anything and now i dont get them.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Originally Posted by secondarychaos
are you saying you want them and arent getting them?
I havent noticed a change.
Yes sir, and I tried with daily notification and nothing.

Originally Posted by foxracing0934
Ya i am having the same problem. I used to get them, and i havent changed anything and now i dont get them.
Exactly the same. Now Im going to try with: "no email notification". as Hussler mentioned above.

Good luck.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:15 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
Yes sir, and I tried with daily notification and nothing.

Exactly the same. Now Im going to try with: "no email notification". as Hussler mentioned above.

Good luck.

This is a personal test. .....

Old 06-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.</td></tr><tr><td><select id="sel_autosubscribe" name="autosubscribe"> <option value="-1">Do not subscribe</option> <option value="0">No email notification</option> <option value="1" selected="selected">Instant email notification</option> <option value="2">Daily email notification</option> <option value="3">Weekly email notification</option></select> <label for="sel_autosubscribe">Default Thread Subscription Mode:</label> </td></tr></tbody></table>
I have choosen that option and had received the email notifications, but NOT ANYMORE, why?, anybody has the same issue?.

Thanks.
I did have that option at one time. I elected to disable it because it was driving me nuts with the "you have email thing" so I disabled it with "no email notification" selection. However I did find that only worked with current or future response on threads, not past responses. Still get those old ones sometimes.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Epd444
Elder User
<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.</TD></TR><TR><TD><SELECT id=sel_autosubscribe name=autosubscribe> <OPTION value=-1>Do not subscribe</OPTION> <OPTION value=0>No email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=1 selected>Instant email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>Daily email notification</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>Weekly email notification</OPTION></SELECT> <LABEL for=sel_autosubscribe>Default Thread Subscription Mode:</LABEL> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks.
I think I figured out your problem!!!! I had it turned on to receive, and I noticed I would only get an email once in a blue moon, not every time. Well, if you have AOL like I do, it has spam mail, and it turns out that the emails were going right to the spam folder. I just opened up the spam folder for the first time in ages, sure enough it was full of FTE email notifications. Not sure if you have AOL but just some food for thought.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Epd444
I think I figured out your problem!!!! I had it turned on to receive, and I noticed I would only get an email once in a blue moon, not every time. Well, if you have AOL like I do, it has spam mail, and it turns out that the emails were going right to the spam folder. I just opened up the spam folder for the first time in ages, sure enough it was full of FTE email notifications. Not sure if you have AOL but just some food for thought.
Oh man, you were right, everything was in the spam folder, I dont know why it changed but THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

BTW reps sent to you. THANK YOU.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Epd444
Elder User
Thanks, I dont know what made me check the spam folder, but I was havin the same issue as you. Now we both know