6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

The 6oh and tuners thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:25 AM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 6oh and tuners thread

Did The "6oh and tuners" thread get killed, or just my access to it??
This is probibly not the best way to ask, but it's the only way I know...
I received this email notification of a new post:

ozx3+1,

webmaster has replied to a thread you have set reply notification to. The
thread is entitled - 6oh and tuners~ - in the 2003 - 2007 6.0L Power Stroke
Diesel forum of Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums.

This thread is located at:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630820&goto=newpost but when I follow the link, I get the dear John letter:

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="70%"><tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">Message</td></tr><tr> <td class="panelsurround" align="center">
ozx3+1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

</td></tr></tbody></table>Sucks to be me??

Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Dsl_Burner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was here about 15 minutes ago.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:39 AM
BowTieHatr
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
it was probably removed since it was kinda heated issue. pm admin or webmaster and see what they say.

i saw that thread and because of that thread, i created my signiture let everyone know who and what i am.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:42 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
It's gone. I looked for it also and when you get that message it is a deleted thread.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Yes it is gone...however...let's get a new one going...like here.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 AM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Thumbs up Back on

Well, then let's...
There were several good points made about methods of managing Guruness, and the perceived liability of "endorsing" or "qualifying" those who would be GURU's... The egos got in the way, so it died... politically. I'm not sure that we need so much governance as we need common sense and personal responsibility on this. Blue Oval techs give freely of themselves, offering "suggestions" and "experience" to those in need or in the dark. How is that a problem?

The opinion poll of who-likes-what is alive and well. We can read opinion here as we receive it at hyper-speed via the Internet, or we can hear it on the street... Either way, we're going to hear it. I respect what I read in here (from the reliable sources).

Last edited by OZX1; 07-13-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:08 PM
tazo
Elder User
Originally Posted by FTE Tim
Why? I thought you were getting some good suggestions. Maybe it's time to hear where you want to go foward with the tuners and guru's?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by BowTieHatr
it was probably removed since it was kinda heated issue. pm admin or webmaster and see what they say.

i saw that thread and because of that thread, i created my signiture let everyone know who and what i am.
Good call, bowtiehatr! This is what I'm talking about. We represent ourselves as who we are, share information, and accept responsibility for ourselves. Everything here is opinion... The experienced-based opinions are sometimes known as "best practices". A wide variate of other opinions range from logical deduction based on fact, to the nonsensical ravings of lunatic minds... We must pick-and-choose.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:11 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by FTE Tim
What would you like to make the specific dialogue pertain to? tuner's and personal attacks? how to stop the personal attacks? Point it in a POSITIVE direction and PLEASE try to keep it going that way even if it takes deleting off topic posts. That's the only way I can see us gaining any ground on a very very touchy subject that obviously does need some control. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2007, 03:22 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
how to stop the personal attacks?
Yes a great starting point coupled with .......(and a very polarizing thought) there is no tuner that is perfect for all …meaning no mater what someone says how good XXX tuner is, some will for one reason or another NOT ever buy it…why is that so difficult for most to respect.

Last edited by IB Tim; 07-13-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:50 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My personal feelings are until tuner/chip manufacturers issue repair manuals to assist in diagnosing problems out in the field, dont use them. The tuners change reference values from stock to what? We could use some help whenever advising customers on repair procedures. You reduce tensions between techs/dealerships/customers, the other problems will shortly disappear.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:03 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Its only been beat 10 years and people still fight about tunes. What makes anyone think a thread about it is going to change it?

The users will naturally take the direction they wish on this. If a new user wants to talk or argue about a tuner... fine. If an old timer is tired of seeing it --- don't read it!!! Same thing goes the other way... if an older timer wants to argue about which is best and you don't like arguing with him about it --- don't argue with him. Easy as that. The only suggestion I ask, as before, is be clear about what you're asking or providing as an answer when it comes to tunes/tuners/chips/fuel boxes - but otherwise talk about what you want to talk about within the guidelines.

I think FTE should stay out of it --- and that means staying out of this thread as well --- I'm off to do something else.

Attached Images  

Last edited by FTE Ken; 07-13-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Most of it is personal choice: truck brand, oil brand, tuner brand, beer brand. Any of those will bring passionate responses which may or may not be based in fact. Logic and emotion play a big part in all decisions, it's just a matter of what percentage of each one the decision maker is using.

I saw a license plate frame on a chebbie last month, "Real Men Drive Chevies!". That would be just as dumb if it said Ford, Jeep or Rambler.

Oh, almost forgot..... 7.3 vs 6.0....

Ken, thanks for the pic from 'Office Space'!

Old 07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
F250tuff
Elder User
Originally Posted by BowTieHatr

Hey man, thanks for hanging around. The majority of us do value your information and appreciate your knowledge and willingness to help us.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
As long a people make personal choices...they will defend them. Some will do so with passion. Some will continue to take it to the next level...which would be the crapper.

I think I still have my Texas Hammer laying around here if they need to borrow it for a while.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smiley-hammer-yellow.gif

Last edited by kw5413; 07-13-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: The 6oh and tuners thread