1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

i shoulda never got under it !!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 01:19 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i shoulda never got under it !!!!!!!!!!

welp today is the day off and after my am docs visit i came home and got started taking the tank out to go in and be repaired . small hole easy repair . well i found out my rear seal on the oil pan is a leaking now , the tranny is leaking out of the rear seal again ,, after putting in another kit in the master cylinder its leaking again , the left rear cab mount bushings are gone hence the leaning tower of cab ,, and of course the omnipresent wiring catastrophe . think i shoulda took it somewhere to be done as it's gonna be down for awhile now as i'm fixing it all before i drive again . oh and while i'm at it i think i'll talk to norm 'bout putting in my cab corners ............. i miss driving her now i don't know if I CAN TAKE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Uh-oh! another one of those "while I'm at it" resto's in the making. One thing leads to another and before you know it you'll have it down to the bare frame.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
for 7 years!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM
doug51f1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Uh-oh! another one of those "while I'm at it" resto's in the making. One thing leads to another and before you know it you'll have it down to the bare frame.
That's the way they all seem to go isn't it?

Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Yea!...I know the scene...let's call it "The Seven-Year Hiccup".....tread carefuly here Kevin!, it's a slippery-slope ahead....Good Luck!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:53 PM
don merke
Junior User
Cry Me A River Guys It's Getting DRY UP HERE I CAN'T TYPE NO MORE FROM LAUFFING SO HARD TO WRITE THE BOTTOMLESS LIST OF DEZINER DEFECTS VIECLES IV'E OWN OR WORKED ON TRY A 61 > SS409 IMPALA RAG [2 ONE HANDED REPEAT CAST IRON TRANS INSTALL/ORTWICE -36' BELOW NO GLOVES CLUTCH RE.3 SP.CRAP IN 3 MONTHS BUT GET THE JOB DONE NO 1 LIVING HELL I'LL TAKE THE GRIZZ STEW WELL THAT DOES IT DEADLY SITE HHHHAAAAAAAA YDEADLY CAMERO KILLER @JAKE THE SNAKE

Old 06-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Randy Jack had a broken valve spring and look what happened to his.

Mine leaks in several places (not the brake system). I just add more fluid and keep driving it. I know I can't afford to take it apart and rebuild it (even if I could physically do it).

Old 06-24-2008, 12:42 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
It`s all too common with our old rides, still frustrating though.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 AM
don merke
Junior User
Ive Used "wyns Seal-softner Valve+all Seals It Works On 35 Yrs On All My Endless List Of Cars Trucks Thats All That Does Work If There In One Peace Not Crumbles Or Disintagraded PARTS LIKE ME FROM TO MANY CHINEZE FINGER TRICK TOOL APPS. ON BRAKES AFTER SUPER FINE HONING I USE THE GREEN PLASTIC SCUBERS FOR DISHES CANT BEET IT FOR EVERYTHING >REMOVES FINE SCRATCHES DEADLY@JAKE THE SNAKE[PS I USE BIG WASHERED METAL SCREW AT LEAKS 20 IN. LBS. OR MORE TO SHUT IT DOWN EVEN OIL LEAKS DEADLY1 MILLION BRING EM HOME ALIVE PRO TRICKSSEE YA

Old 06-24-2008, 01:26 AM
don merke
Junior User
Ive Used "wyns Seal-softner Valve+all Seals It Works On 35 Yrs On All My Endless List Of Cars Trucks Thats All That Does Work If There In One Peace Not Crumbles Or Disintagraded PARTS LIKE ME FROM TO MANY CHINEZE FINGER TRICK TOOL APPS. ON BRAKES AFTER SUPER FINE HONING I USE THE GREEN PLASTIC SCUBERS FOR DISHES CANT BEET IT FOR EVERYTHING >REMOVES FINE SCRATCHES DEADLY@JAKE THE SNAKE[PS I USE BIG WASHERED METAL SCREW AT LEAKS 20 IN. LBS. OR MORE TO SHUT IT DOWN EVEN OIL LEAKS DEADLY1 MILLION BRING EM HOME ALIVE PRO TRICKSSEE YA

Last edited by don merke; 06-24-2008 at 01:39 AM. Reason: 2 POSTS WERE PUT IN DELETE 1?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:13 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
yep . i was talking / visiting my cuz who used to hang out here billy , he's got another 53 , and i was telling him the same things yer all saying . i know when i drop that pan i'm gonna go " oh it's a lil' sloppy time to pull it and go through her { even though it runs fine !!!!! } and on and on .. i can foresee this becoming a long term deal ....... i hope not a little at a time is fine as long as i can drive it tween times . if this was the nasty cold season i'd care less . i do however have the feeling i better find alternate modes of transport lol .

Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
If it ain't leakin', it ain't lubed!!!!

Mine didn't leak, and I'm STILL going through the whole thing!! Won't be years, though - my goal is to drive it in the July 4th parade next year, but at the very latest, Labor Day next year. Still on schedule for the July, but might slow down a bit. Glad I have heat in the shop!!

R

Old 06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
well i dont know about you rog but i've been blessed with driving mine and having a blast in it . so it's kinda hard too just park it . been working on the "plan" in my head this morning and i think i might be able to acheive some things and still get it going afore itz all done for { good weather and the car showz } . we shall see !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 06-24-2008, 11:27 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Kevin - mine didn't leak, because there weren't ANY fluids in it to begin with, grease was solid, etc, etc.

I think if I had done what I started to do, "just" get it running, I never would have gotten this far. Plus, most of my time might have been spent just "fixing" the stuff that was bad from PO's, and NEVER had a "complete" truck. When I'm done, mine will be 95% "new". Everything will have been addressed. A lot of time (and money!) but still less than a new truck, and a heckuva lot more class!! But, it would be nice to be driving one, while I'm working on this one. Well, if it weren't for the $4.20 gas!! The Saturn will do nicely, until this one IS done...

R

Old 06-24-2008, 11:39 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
i figured up the cost of a used newer vehicle's payments , insurance , maintainance etc. and it's cheaper to feed the 53 than do that . i do however have a line on a nice used intrepid that used to be my co. car with my old boss i'm thinking about buying . while i would like to have an almost new truck i really dont think it'd help having it apart as it would sit here like the 55 forever as i have darn near no time . i if you pay attention to the contractors there rog , i have an extremely screwed up 6 day a week work schedule and have approx . 2.5 hours to do things i need to do . when i get home in the evening i eat shower , and go to bed and start all over at 2:30 am . so it's impractical for me to do that .as i do try to do as much as i can then help with the stuff i lack the skills in . oh by the way you ready to part with the multicarb intake and goodies yet ???????????????? it'll all get done eventually just gonna take longer for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! no fluids huh ???? thats scary . i love the p.o.s and the goofy stuff we all have to fix from them . and a definite yes on more class !!!!! no new vehicle comes close in styling ,class or cool factors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: i shoulda never got under it !!!!!!!!!!