Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Biodiesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:51 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by empiretc
It's Fed & State. not all states have to pay a sales tax on top of that..

there is $.40 tax total here in TX. 50/50 split.
IIRC, there are 2 road taxes, Fed and State. However, what I was talking about was that as a "business", which is what you are once you sell it, aren't you supposed to pay taxes as a company?

Old 06-05-2008, 11:17 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What you do is, make it and use it, simple as that. It will get around to the mouth that this guy is selling bio and then you have more problems than its worth. Collect the oil, take it home , brew it and use it. Hey, i like that quote.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by big poppa pump
What you do is, make it and use it, simple as that. It will get around to the mouth that this guy is selling bio and then you have more problems than its worth. Collect the oil, take it home , brew it and use it. Hey, i like that quote.
Problem is when you sell it, you now have liability. I know the Ford shop in Madison has a dyno. It is always broken. Somehow, they have trucks that use it for whatever they use it for. How you ask? Because the service manager will see what you are trying to run. If it is a car, they will most likely say "no". If it is a truck for work, it will be fixed in time, or so they say. What does this story have to do with us? Well, they stopped doing it for cars because too many people would run their beaters on the dyno and then blame the operator when the engine or trans broke. If you sell fuel, sooner or later, someone could come to make a claim that your crummy fuel broke their "oh-so-wonderful" truck. So, unless you want to take out liability insurance, I wouldn't. If I were to make it, it would be for my own consumption. Either that or I form an LLC to sell it but at that time, it would be more hassle than it were worth.