2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust pipe size

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
good deal...we need some before and after vids now

Old 06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Joe04F150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes vid or pics please...

Old 06-09-2008, 10:40 AM
mrpositraction
Tuned
Well, I have muffler installed and am waiting on my tips to come in. The sound is AMAZING. It sounds soooo much better than the Flowmaster did at partial and wide open throtte. At idle, the sound level is about the same as the flowmaster except now with a much more noticable lope fo the V8 engine. Turning the truck into true duals wasn't hard at all. I had a good welder/exhaust guy and it took us about 1 hour to get the muffler fabbed up with the piping. I now have 2.5" manderel bent true duals with a 22" magnaflow muffler. The muffler is huge but I am glad I went with it. It is plent loud enough and once I get the tips installed I think it will sound even better due to adding a bend and getting the exhuast out the side rather than dumping it underneathe. As soon as I get the tips on I will get some video and pictures up. I can hear the supercharger so much more now under partial throttle, IMO, every truck should sound like this. I am very happy with this set up. So far, not including my tips, I have $159 included for muffler and install, about $45 in manderel bends, and a $20 tip for the exhaust guy. The tips I went with run me about $120 shipped (two gibson tips, very nice) and another $18 for two manderel bent 90° sections to get my exhaust out the side. So that is $204 installed without the tips. All in all, I will have about $350 when everything is said in done into the exhaust system.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

sounds like a winner

but where is the vid?

Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 AM
RacinJason68
Junior User
I was at the shop and had mine done, guy said most around here cut in the middle of the Y so to speak and run a single 3" all the way back and out. Said that would be 200 plus 30 for the 4" tip. So I went with single 2.5" back to single muffler and out to 3" tip. Sounds good, not to loud and no drone to speak of for 130 bucks.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
mrpositraction
Tuned
Originally Posted by RacinJason68
I was at the shop and had mine done, guy said most around here cut in the middle of the Y so to speak and run a single 3" all the way back and out. Said that would be 200 plus 30 for the 4" tip. So I went with single 2.5" back to single muffler and out to 3" tip. Sounds good, not to loud and no drone to speak of for 130 bucks.
If I was still NA I would have stayed with a smaller pipe. I really felt like the single 2.5" was killing my flow at 9#'s of boost. I am anxious to see what my gas mileage does in town. It seems to work a lot less just putting around, but we will see. Before I almost always got 11.8mpg in town. My daily commute consists of getting onto a 70mph highway for 6 miles so not the best conditions for gas mileage.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
mrpositraction
Tuned
Originally Posted by tylus
sounds like a winner

but where is the vid?

I know man, I am anxious too! I have both of my tips but no pipe to hook them up to the muffler yet.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
mrpositraction
Tuned
sounds like a winner

but where is the vid?

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, just wanted to link the video to this thread.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Originally Posted by mrpositraction
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, just wanted to link the video to this thread.
that's cool, I was actually thinking about this thread the other day. I done gone and copied ya and now I'm going to have to do my exhaust in a similar fashion as yours.

btw, I have that exact same gauge pod coming in the mail...and 2 of the Roush Vent pods as well.

did you put any sort of Emblems/Stickers saying you have a supercharger?

truck sounds good. I like the rumble it has without that damn harshness the flowmasters give

Old 10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
mrpositraction
Tuned
double post

Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 PM
mrpositraction
Tuned
that's cool, I was actually thinking about this thread the other day. I done gone and copied ya and now I'm going to have to do my exhaust in a similar fashion as yours.

btw, I have that exact same gauge pod coming in the mail...and 2 of the Roush Vent pods as well.

did you put any sort of Emblems/Stickers saying you have a supercharger?

truck sounds good. I like the rumble it has without that damn harshness the flowmasters give

I don't have any badging at all. I struggled a long time with putting a Roush scoop on but I really like how much of a sleeper this truck is. Even after all this time I still love the sound of my exhaust and its behavior.

I just ordered some 33x12.5 Dick Cepek F-C II tires, should be here next week some time, can't wait to get them put on. Thought about lifting it, but then I couldn't get it in my garage, so that is not going to happen since I store my camper shell in there for long trips and foul weather.

I love this truck, I really don't think I am going to do anything else to it, it is just perfect. A perfect daily driver that is reasonable fast for a 4x4 and sounds/looks good. I will keep my Mustang for the overkill on power and speed.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

I'm going to get the Roush Scoop myself. As soon as I recover from the $140+ sticker shock anyways. I figure it would look good left black...should tie in with my Wheel Flares and other black pieces while providing some contrast with all the white.

As for badging, I found this nifty itty bitty little badge that almost looks OEM. 4"x3/8" from a Chevy Cobalt SS. Got it for $8 and it's very subtle.

Besides the hood scoop, I don't think I'll do anything else obvious. I had originally wanted to grab the Range Rover Supercharged Emblems since they look identical to the Ford Emblems, but those things go for about $70 each.

yeah, I know my Badge looks like crap...I've got 3 brand new ones just sitting here...but I've been too lazy to clean all the glue up if I removed 'em to replace