1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Storage ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
jorgholio
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Storage ideas?

Hello enthusiasts! Truck is coming along and in the stage of actually starting 2 putting back together. I have a favor of you all and the favor is this. I'm working out of my small garage and wondering if anyone had any ideas or preferably pics on shelving ideas. My garage is 15X24 and with the Merc inside, well, lets just say it feels like I'm working out of tin can. If anyone has any pics or ideas it would be spaciously appreciated! Cheers!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
I had the same issue when living in town, instead of side shelfs, I hung everything from the rafters of my garage...had to be careful not to bump your head, but it sure made getting to stuff and working on it a lot easier.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:55 PM
MPH Racing
Senior User
I had the same issue after I built my shop I started buying equipment till floor space became a premium, I did the same as Mike and started going up on the walls with some shelves to get the stuff I did not use that much off of the floor. One of my band saws, break, both of the shears and my welders are on rollers so I can put them back up against the walls when they are not in use. I converted my tubing bender to hydrolic so now it does not have to be mounted to the floor (it was always in the way) It seems to work so far but I keep buying equipment and this is all in a 500 square foot shop so it can be done. I did a scale drawing to see where to put things so I would have the most room.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I put a lean-to off the garage's side wall, and put on the building permit that it was a woodshed. I ended up storing all my body parts in there instead, lol.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
On our farm I don`t have that problem, I have 7 garages to store vehicles/parts and two 1000 sq ft shops. Some times this is still not enough but at least I can get by.......

Old 06-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

There was a topic on here a few months back I started about showin off your shops? I dont remember the topic, but maybe someone who "knows" how to use the search feature can pull it up for ya? As I recall Jon got the prize for the most use of space I've never had much success with the search feature? It always brings it up eventually, but I have to go through so much other stuff to find it? But it is a very good topic if you can find the page?

Later dude

Old 06-01-2008, 08:55 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Old 06-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

DUDE!! Havi you nailed it!!!! I tried, but couldnt find it!!! That was a fine thread!!! You cats have some nice shops and trucks. This is kind of like a family here! We all help each other out, only unlike a family, we dont have to "hear" each other yell and stuff I LOVE this place

Old 06-02-2008, 01:31 AM
jorgholio
Senior User
Smile If.............

Wow what I could do with a shop that big. Thanks for all your input. Doing a shop overhaul, relocation project tommorrow wish me luck. Kinda like putting a sleepling bag back in its case. Later and thanks.....

Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 AM
55 Merc M-100
Senior User
Originally Posted by jorgholio
Wow what I could do with a shop that big. Thanks for all your input. Doing a shop overhaul, relocation project tommorrow wish me luck. Kinda like putting a sleepling bag back in its case. Later and thanks.....
I hope the relocation project went well. This is off topic but since I'm in Cold Lake and just getting into the world of old trucks, have you had anyone local do any work on your resto and if so, did they do a good job? You can pm me if you have anything good or bad to say. Thanks

Old 06-02-2008, 10:42 AM
jorgholio
Senior User
Post Neighbour.........

Originally Posted by 55 Merc M-100
I hope the relocation project went well. This is off topic but since I'm in Cold Lake and just getting into the world of old trucks, have you had anyone local do any work on your resto and if so, did they do a good job? You can pm me if you have anything good or bad to say. Thanks
Hi, I've basically done all my own work and how hard it is to find someone to paint an older truck, think I will attempt myself, if I can find a booth. I'm a mechanic by trade so this all comes easy to me. Heard any jets lately?
I've got some good advice from trial and error on getting parts, either locally in canada or in the U.S.
Best of luck wid da truck