Monster TRUCK! - Page 9 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Monster TRUCK!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:39 PM
miker67
Elder User
miker67 has a good reputation on FTE.miker67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 View Post
Nick (quadzjr) couldve told you "yes they will mount up" because he just did this with some stazworks DBs and 53" michelins. What he also couldve told you is that 1ton axles WILL NOT support 53" tires with any type of use outside of a mall parking lot. Thats why hes using rocks on a similar 4link with FOA coilovers to the black truck.

Now...
IF the OP took those rediculous banana springs and drop hangers off the truck and scrapped the 1ton stuff all together and replaced it with rockwells with 4 corner disk brakes (something in the 14" rotor/4piston caliper flava), a 4link with coilovers, some serious engine and steering upgrades and possibly lowered the truck some (used cut out flares) I would have an enormous amount of respect for it.

Its not that I hate super high lifted trucks and 50"+ tires. Please dont get the wrong idea. I hate super high lifted trucks on 50"+ tires that are done incorrectly with inferior parts that IMHO make the thing useless. I wouldve given you just as much hell if either of you had 38" tires on a D44TTB so dont feel special.
You know, your obvious knowledge and experience would be real nifty thing to have around this forum. The sad part is the fact that you and the rest of the "Minions" seem to feel that it is cool to straight out trash talk anyone that doesn't agree with your narrow view of a variety of a given situations. That is not what this forum is supposed to be about. All of you guys have a lot of good ideas and experience modifying rigs and yet when someone new comes along you steam roll them.

And before you try and deny it, or for the ones who don't know what I am talking about, why don't you go review a few of the posts in the 4x4 and offroad forum and you will find that a there has been a disturbing surge in the endless trash talking and negative posts. Then, look at the signature and see how much trash talking comes from a "STG Minion". These kind of posts do anything but make you look "Cool", or "Superior", which is obviously how you view yourself. Quite hohnestly, if you guys can't talk to others without being so hostile, you need to go find a new forum were that kind of banter is more acceptible, or at least stay in the 4x4 forum where few but yourselfs care to go anymore.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:45 PM
That_Guy
Postmaster
That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.That_Guy has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice looking truck, with that being said...

This thread is the exact reason why I dont venture out of the 7.3 forum.... No one over there is a *******

NO ONE over there would have gotten any crap like that for how they want their truck to look like. Telling someone that in you experience or in your opion its not strong enough can be done in a nice way. Its HIS truck not yours, so he can do whatever he wants to it.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 AM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
FordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to beholdFordxFour is a splendid one to behold
Imondi, Don't worry about the negative comments. Its your truck enjoy it. Nice Ride!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Custom is custom. Like I said - sometimes things have to go one stage at a time.

Not everyone has an unlimited budget, I sure don't! (Especially after yesterday morning)

Old 06-12-2008, 06:25 AM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
STGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by miker67 View Post
You know, your obvious knowledge and experience would be real nifty thing to have around this forum. The sad part is the fact that you and the rest of the "Minions" seem to feel that it is cool to straight out trash talk anyone that doesn't agree with your narrow view of a variety of a given situations. That is not what this forum is supposed to be about. All of you guys have a lot of good ideas and experience modifying rigs and yet when someone new comes along you steam roll them.

And before you try and deny it, or for the ones who don't know what I am talking about, why don't you go review a few of the posts in the 4x4 and offroad forum and you will find that a there has been a disturbing surge in the endless trash talking and negative posts. Then, look at the signature and see how much trash talking comes from a "STG Minion". These kind of posts do anything but make you look "Cool", or "Superior", which is obviously how you view yourself. Quite hohnestly, if you guys can't talk to others without being so hostile, you need to go find a new forum were that kind of banter is more acceptible, or at least stay in the 4x4 forum where few but yourselfs care to go anymore.
Youre right and Im not going to deny it. We, "the minions", do tend to be a little harsh on people at times. Our feeling is that if a few unkind words would stop someone from doing something unsafe or incorrectly then its worth it. Nothing I say is ever personal. Id tell my best friend or a complete stranger the same thing. My opinion, regardless of yours or anyone elses, is that a truck lifted 32" with 1 ton axles 53" tires and no upgrades to steering or brakes is unsafe and extremely stupid. Yes, you may think it looks cool but whats going to happen if youre cruising down the interstate and someone jambs on the brakes? or if a dog darted out infront of you? I know what will happen. Ive been around long enough to see it all. The brakes will slip or a sudden jerk will send the truck out of control. I dont care anything about you. Ill probably never meet you or even pass you on the highway but IF I did and God forbid one of the things I mentioned happens then you put ME at risk as well as everyone else on the road with me. You may think thats cheesy and youre right it probably is but it does happen. If you browse the offroad forum you will also see that the minions dont only harrass people we also write tech articles and post up valueable information which most people really appreciate. My crossover thread was the first one done on FTE and I cant tell you how many people have PM'ed me saying thanks. Im not a bad guy but once you mod a truck past its useful or safe level I have no respect for it. In my earlier post I gave you the formula for a well built truck on 53" tires but its up to you to use it.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:24 AM
chrono4
Post Fiend
chrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to allchrono4 is a name known to all
Put very well Kris

Old 06-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Vijay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey quick question,
What are these 53inch tires rated at i.e Speed? Also, how much do they run $$$ wise? Please send me PM if you have to...

Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
STGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to behold
they are used on deuce and a halfs and other military equipment. I dont know the exact speed range but around here you see them on the interstate doing 55-60mph. Im sure they are rated at a reasonable speed (maybe up to 70mph?) They are also pretty dang cheap considering. I think Nick paid $150 a tire.

Its been a while so maybe Im completely off base.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Thanks STGFordCrazy04, I was trying to get 36-39inch semi truck tires for my dually and they are something like 500-700 a piece!!! I got sick of looking at the quotes and figured it's not for me. Let's see what the OP has to say...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Imondi
Freshman User
Imondi is starting off with a positive reputation.
They are rated to 55 mph. I payed $200 for them with 97% tread life remaining. I was told you have to buy them used bc the military takes all the new ones. You can find them cheaper, but I would suggest finding them locally bc shipping is around $600. Most of the OTR tire shops have them laying around. They ride incredibly nice and they are pretty quiet considering their size and tread pattern. It was a huuge improvement over the ag tires I had on the truck before!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Vijay
Posting Guru
one more question, how wide are they?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Imondi
Freshman User
Imondi is starting off with a positive reputation.
The tread is 17.2" wide. Changing the width of the wheel changes the look of these tires alot! They call for a 10" wheel. In my opinion, it makes the tires look too skinny. I went with a 12" wheel because if you go wider than that, you must run a bead lock to keep the tires seated. My tires measure about 18.5" wide on the truck with 30 psi.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Tre-E_Ford
Senior User
Tre-E_Ford has a good reputation on FTE.Tre-E_Ford has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by miker67 View Post

I joined up with the minions after they defended me from someone who was bashing what i was saying as a newbie. We are harsh because we hate seeing people do incorrect things. If you look in other forums like the 73-79 we stopped someone from putting in a body lift that was unneeded and our advice actually helped her despite what everyone else was telling her.

as for the offroad forum i see more and more people coming askin for advice that we all offer our opinions and advice.

Youre right and Im not going to deny it. We, "the minions", do tend to be a little harsh on people at times. Our feeling is that if a few unkind words would stop someone from doing something unsafe or incorrectly then its worth it. Nothing I say is ever personal. Id tell my best friend or a complete stranger the same thing. My opinion, regardless of yours or anyone elses, is that a truck lifted 32" with 1 ton axles 53" tires and no upgrades to steering or brakes is unsafe and extremely stupid. Yes, you may think it looks cool but whats going to happen if youre cruising down the interstate and someone jambs on the brakes? or if a dog darted out infront of you? I know what will happen. Ive been around long enough to see it all. The brakes will slip or a sudden jerk will send the truck out of control. I dont care anything about you. Ill probably never meet you or even pass you on the highway but IF I did and God forbid one of the things I mentioned happens then you put ME at risk as well as everyone else on the road with me. You may think thats cheesy and youre right it probably is but it does happen. If you browse the offroad forum you will also see that the minions dont only harrass people we also write tech articles and post up valueable information which most people really appreciate. My crossover thread was the first one done on FTE and I cant tell you how many people have PM'ed me saying thanks. Im not a bad guy but once you mod a truck past its useful or safe level I have no respect for it. In my earlier post I gave you the formula for a well built truck on 53" tires but its up to you to use it.
well done sir

To the OP,

You got a good looking truck, but since you now have your tires you can save up to beef up the axles, at least beef up the brakes, with the heavier tires it'll be harder to stop, and it's good all around safety for you and the people arount you.

the reason sometimes these guys get a little harsh is because they see alot of these trucks and their owners say they are going to beef up the axles and brakes but never do. You said you would and we'll take your word. Good luck on the rest of the project, and keep posting up.

Don't mind the minions we're here to offer advice so don't shy away from asking especially if you decide to go with rockwells.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:20 PM
HighProCam
Senior User
HighProCam is starting off with a positive reputation.
couldve told you "yes they will mount up"
also couldve told you is that 1ton axles WILL NOT support 53" tires
I wouldve given you just as much hell if either of you had 38" tires on a D44TTB so dont feel special.
Good info here

Old 06-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Carlene
Admom
Carlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputationCarlene has a superb reputation
Enough with the personal attacks and snide comments.

If you have usefull information to post, please, by all means post it.
If you have a better way of doing something, post it.

There is no need insulting someone and then giving them advice. Give the advice and be done with it, period.

If you're here posting just to put down another user or to cheerlead someone who is putting down other users, knock it off. It will not be tolerated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monster TRUCK!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.