Monster TRUCK! - Page 7 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Monster TRUCK!

Old 06-01-2008, 09:09 PM
quadzjr
just another Rockwell looser
quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.quadzjr has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 View Post
I prefer to build the truck then buy the tires not buy the tires and hope the rest can keep up.

or pick your tires, then build everything around them......

Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 PM
STGFordCrazy04
Post Fiend
STGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to beholdSTGFordCrazy04 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by quadzjr View Post
or pick your tires, then build everything around them......
well yeah, I ment that too.

If you didnt need your tires for measurements and stuff you couldve waited until the last minute to buy them. You didnt slap them on the TTB44/8.8 and say Im going to run rocks once these break.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 PM
sawboy
Senior User
sawboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can't see the pic, and that's all I give a crapola about. Can someone repost it pleeeeaseee?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Oh - I'm well aware of axle limitations. When I was building the "BLUE MULE" F100 I used to own, a man told me that "Everyone should bust an axle at least once, so that they never go through that mess again..."

Some stuff you never do TWICE

Old 06-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Imondi
Freshman User
Imondi is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't know if I already said this, but I am only doing the tires first bc the tires that are on the truck now are rated to 20 mph. I am well aware that under serious 4-wheeling, the stock axles will definately not hold up! I had money to do wheels and tires or axles first, and i chose wheels and tires so that the truck would be safe to drive around. The last thing I want to do is have a tire blow up and kill someone's child bc i chose to purchase axles instead of tires...So for now, I am willing to risk breaking an axle!

Thanks for all of you who have supported me and thanks for the kind remarks!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
TP83
Senior User
TP83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd risk breaking the axle during a 4wheelin session over having safe tires for daily driving. sick truck but wheres the rest of the pictures.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Shucks - I'd rather git her home behind a chain than have to drive with a 28 inch on one corner and 54's the rest of the way around!

But of course, it would be easy to follow the divider line... It'd be right outside the winda!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Imondi
Freshman User
Imondi is starting off with a positive reputation.
For those of you who wanted, I have a couple new pics with the wheels and tires. It came out looking great and it rides soo much better!

Thanks!

Old 06-10-2008, 04:07 PM
dew the thunder
Elder User
dew the thunder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
ive said it one and i'll say it again... HOLY *****

Old 06-10-2008, 05:24 PM
ken kenmnedy
Posting Guru
ken kenmnedy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
how doz that BIG a$$ truck stear lock to lock????? looks cool but I would be scared them big tires will knock that little stearing wheel out of your hands ???

Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 PM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
mstiles19 is starting off with a positive reputation.
WOW!!!! just wow.... you have more pics??? in the mud?

Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
Damn, that looks awesome

Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Next you need a saws all, or a plasma cutter. Or are you going HIGHER?

- It's always nice to be able to SEE OVER TRAFFIC AHEAD

(Something I always liked about the 'Blue Mule' project)

Of course - speed bumps also become ineffective too...

Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 PM
twce023587
New User
twce023587 is starting off with a positive reputation.
First off, WWWWOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!! Truck is awsome. Colorado must be different about height of lights, in NC you have a state trooper, county mounty, or city cops waiting at the end of your driveway to right you a ticket. Great truck.Can you say BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 PM
TNT in Round Rock
Posting Guru
TNT in Round Rock has a very good reputation on FTE.TNT in Round Rock has a very good reputation on FTE.TNT in Round Rock has a very good reputation on FTE.TNT in Round Rock has a very good reputation on FTE.
WOW WOW DAYUUUM WOW .. she looks NICE .. now how do you get in it ????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monster TRUCK!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.