Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herculiner

Anyone ever did this?
Herculiner Brush-On Bed Liner

Old 05-27-2008, 06:56 AM
stroken
Posting Guru
Kris Myers did it. it sucks, not worth 150+ when you get get a spray in bed linner for about 500.He doesn't even haul anything in his bed and its chipping off.

POS. just my .02

Old 05-27-2008, 07:04 AM
GregN
Senior User
I have heard that it peels up after a year or two. I just installed Grizzly Grip Grizzly Grip - Coating for truck bed liners, boats, and more. in my truck. I am fairly impressed with it so far. I still have it on my hands after two weeks! It seems like the whole trick is in the prep. It took me a few hours to prep the truck (remove evrything from bed, scuff surface with green Scotchbrite Pad, clean with Acetone). The actual application of the product went quite fast and coverage is quite thick, then wait 4 hours and put on a second coat. Make sure that you mix it very well with a drill mounted paint/stain mixer. It is quite tough so far and it doesn't let anything slip. I put my tools in the center of the bed after it dried for 24 to 48 hours and they haven't moved. Better to pay $100 than $500. Hopefully it won't peel up at all.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:17 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Yep. No comparison to the line-x. It scratches easily if you use your bed to haul stuff. I put some on about 2 years ago and there are scratches and bare spots spread all over it. About 95% is still intact, and it does work as a no slip liner. I had the tailgate sprayed with line-x when the truck was new and have managed to get a couple of gouges in that too for reference.

If you're really picky on how it looks and can't live with any problems then I'd say you should pass. If you can live with little problems then you can't beat it for the price. Prep work is the key if you do this. Don't cut any corners prepping the bed.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 AM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
i used to work for a place that did spray in's and i'll tell you the secret. sand and acetone the bed first and then our spray was hot like really and when sprayed it should be hot to stick then as it dries it gets bullet proof IIRC that mixture came in 55 gal drums but it would be well worth the 300 bucks

Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 AM
hytekredneck
Freshman User
I put herculiner in a truck when the product first came out, it's all in the prep. The only problem I had after a couple years it became chaulky, I had black residue down the sides of my bed (white truck) so it showed up. But they may have improved by now, maybe it had UV problems back then. If you have a pepboys they run it for $69.00 all the time,buy 2 gallons and put it on thicker. I will be trying it again but it will be in a enclosed cargo trailer. As I said I used it when it first came on the market years ago.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I did the Herculiner in my truck....HATE IT. The first time I hi-pressure washed the bed at the car wash it started coming off! I was careful about my prep also....did the sanding and the acetone. I would save your money and do a Line-X or a Rhino-Liner. Worth the money!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:13 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, What stroken said. It's hard on your knees too. Gotta stick to the back seat even on the nice nights.. Gotta get me a line-x!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
guitarpicr
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the Grizzly Grip also about 8 months ago -It's holding up great and tough as nails - Prep work seems to be the trick with these and for $120.00 I cant complain.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got a BRAND NEW bed awaiting me to swap out mine on the truck......I'll be getting the Line-X most definitely. I wouldn't use the Herculiner on anything again!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:09 PM
wolfmanagh
Posting Guru
I got it and before I put the red cap on the truck it had started peeling in some spots. But after I put the cap on it really hasn't peeled since and I do abuse it to a point but of coarse I also lay down carpet on top of the bed since I got some for free and it stops stuff from sliding around better than the herculiner. As for putting it on wood, I did try another brand of stuff on plywood in a shower stall on a bus conversion but I haven't been daring enough yet to try using the shower with out the stall lined with trash bags.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had it on my 01 since 2001. Faded, it is rough but has held up great especially since I used to carry a bunch of steel in the bed when it was lower.

Used Line-x on the 05 F-150 and 07 F-350 and would definitely recommend Line-x.