Sponsored by: DP Tuner

DP tuner qustion

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:22 PM
sfgiantsfan9
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DP tuner qustion

I ordered an F5 16 pos. chip from DP tuner on Wednesday of last week. When i filled out the vehicle information form i put that my truck had a 4.10 rear end. I bought this truck from my uncle and thats what he told me it was. Well he called me to tell me he found the window sticker of the truck and it has a 3.73 rear end. Will this screw anything up with the way Jody tunes the chip? I emailed him about it today but am not sure I emailed him soon enough about it. Any input is appreciated. Thankyou

Old 05-18-2008, 05:30 PM
guitarpicr
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try and call him asap in the a.m. See if it went out yet.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you may be worried about nothing here. When I was down at DP's a couple of weeks ago the subject of my ratio was never brought up. I can't imagine anything being any better than what I ended up with here. If Jody looked at my truck information on the door jamb he did it when I was not looking. He used the PCM info only.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:14 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan9
I ordered an F5 16 pos. chip from DP tuner on Wednesday of last week. When i filled out the vehicle information form i put that my truck had a 4.10 rear end. I bought this truck from my uncle and thats what he told me it was. Well he called me to tell me he found the window sticker of the truck and it has a 3.73 rear end. Will this screw anything up with the way Jody tunes the chip? I emailed him about it today but am not sure I emailed him soon enough about it. Any input is appreciated. Thankyou
You will be fine to use the tunes Jody set you up with. All that matters is the speedometer is calibrated correct.

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 05-18-2008, 07:17 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Markadeck
I think you may be worried about nothing here. When I was down at DP's a couple of weeks ago the subject of my ratio was never brought up. I can't imagine anything being any better than what I ended up with here. If Jody looked at my truck information on the door jamb he did it when I was not looking. He used the PCM info only.
You are correct. When Jody has the VIN information it tells him everything he needs to know about your truck. He will know by that information as to what code to use.

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 05-18-2008, 08:44 PM
sfgiantsfan9
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great. I really appreciate the quick response Diane. I gotta say, you guys have been really awesome to deal with. Also, on my vehicle info form i made a typo on my VIN number so i sent you guys an email correcting it. Thanks for the help.