S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

mighty bored up here in NorCal

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
fun_suv
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mighty bored up here in NorCal

Man ive been stuck here in Redding (Shasta Lake to be exact) for the past month...give or take a few days. Im working on a house we own so we can get some renters in it. We came down for the grand prix in LB, then came right back up. Theres like absolutely nothing to do up here.

I did find the Chappie-Shasta OHV area though, and its frikin huge. Wish i had the Pathfinder up here instead of the Expedition so i wouldnt have to worry about breaking our ride home, lol.

Chappie-Shasta OHV Area, Redding Field Office, Bureau of Land Management

Old 05-04-2008, 04:49 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds to me like a perfect place to do nothing. I love it up there. What are you doing to the house?

Oh, yeah - on the way home, stop @ the Olive Pit in Corning and bring back some of those big 'ol fat green olives that are so tasty.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you going to check out Shasta Caverns or the lava tubes coming from Lassen? Lassen National Forest - Subway Cave

The Ishi Wilderness east of Red Bluff is beautiful. Lassen National Forest - Ishi Wilderness The road out there is serious washboard though, access is just east of town off the 36.

You could take a drive out to Shingletown or Whiskeytown, Whiskeytown National Recreational Area (U.S. National Park Service)

Shasta Dam is impressive (I asked my wife to marry me while we were there one evening). Shasta Dam - ShastaLake.com

Old 05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
yeah check out the lava tubes and shasta caverns, they are sick! my family used to go to lake shasta every summer and get a house boat and we had like 15 people on the house boat, so fun. And lassen national forest and shasta caverns are sweet and the Shasta Dam is a pretty big dam fun time! You can take tours of it, at least a few years back you could. How much longer you going to be workin on the house Dave?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
thats better then being stuck in Monterey for 2.5 years! man that sucked! and if you brake your ride home it just means that you get to work on the truck for a change of pace. i say go live it up. you can always fly home, or send the wife, on southwest for next to nothing!

Old 05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Or better yet, stay in your Shasta house, and rent out your So Cal house. no more smog, no more 405/91/5/22/710 parking lot trips to take...

Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 PM
verumlike
Elder User
Originally Posted by fun_suv
Man ive been stuck here in Redding (Shasta Lake to be exact) for the past month...give or take a few days. Im working on a house we own so we can get some renters in it. We came down for the grand prix in LB, then came right back up. Theres like absolutely nothing to do up here.

I did find the Chappie-Shasta OHV area though, and its frikin huge. Wish i had the Pathfinder up here instead of the Expedition so i wouldnt have to worry about breaking our ride home, lol.

Roll on over bud =-P i got a kegerator AND .... =-P i can steal my neighbors pontoon boat apparently (according to him, i can take it when i want it )

Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
verumlike
Elder User
Originally Posted by fun_suv

btw SOCIAL D = best ... my lady has Sick Girl tattood to her neck =-P and a female version of skully

Old 05-07-2008, 02:10 AM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
id gladly be "stuck" in monterey for 2 and a half years!! so much to do there! and some awesome scuba diving! idk that id take it over so cal, but i have stayed there many a summer and enjoyed it a lot!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bla1879
id gladly be "stuck" in monterey for 2 and a half years!! so much to do there! and some awesome scuba diving! idk that id take it over so cal, but i have stayed there many a summer and enjoyed it a lot!
there are like no car people there...well other then the bently and RR people. its always cold a fogy, the trafic is anoing because there are no roads that are more then 2 lanes wide, most are 1 and the people drive sooooooooooo slow, every thing is far away from everything else, the ocean is cold with no waves and the beaches are so small its pointless, the people are stupid and dont know it, oh and did i mention that it is cold and the people dont know how to drive! oh and it is COLD i mean COLD

Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 AM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
hahaha hey ill admit i wasnt there for 2 years, but everytime i go there for vacation or something its nice out! and when your scuba diving the temp outside doesnt matter! the fog might effect your viz but other than that, underwater sounds like a better place than above!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
verumlike
Elder User
Originally Posted by bla1879
hahaha hey ill admit i wasnt there for 2 years, but everytime i go there for vacation or something its nice out! and when your scuba diving the temp outside doesnt matter! the fog might effect your viz but other than that, underwater sounds like a better place than above!

Where have u been bud?

Old 05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
ah busy with getting the semester wrapped up and getting geared up for finals, ill be back on more in a week. I have also got some footage ive been editing im making another much better version of that last video i put out, itll have more footage better music and just all around better looking. So Griff is that your truck now? like you have bought it and theres no notes or anything on it? If so...we have GOT to take that thing out to el mirage or maybe just gorman, but we gotta take it out!

Old 05-07-2008, 04:07 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
so i am going to just go ahead and hijack this thread right now!

Brian, how happy or unhappy have you been with your Power Bass mids? i have 2 12s and 2 amps that i love but the mids and tweeters i havent been to happy with?

Old 05-07-2008, 04:21 PM
bla1879
Fleet Mechanic
... (sorry this is kinda long) and i have been quite happy actually. i have run them from two different head units both of which i loved. The first was a pioneer Premier DEH P660 (which was stolen...that sucked) but they worked great sounded wonderful. The second and currently working head unit is a Alpine IDA x001 which is specifically design for the ipod. I have only had some small problems with thei aline head unit. When it is a real hot day and i have been driving for a little while 15-20 min while playing the music as loud as i can stand, i noticed that the sound quality in the mids starts to detriorate. I found out its from the head unit getting too hot, if i turn off the head unit for about 5 min. and turn it back on the quality is good again. So overall im very very happy with them. I have had them for...about 4 1/2 years and havent had any problems. I had them in my old 2000 short bed standard cab and when i totalled that one i took them out and put em into my truck ihave now and they still work perfectly. Ill tell you what though i have clarion mids in the back, and i am not happy with them, one has a tear in the surround and if i take off the subs and play only those speakers they sounds like crap. So my mids and highs from PB i cant say anything bad about. as soon as i get some money though im going to redo my subs, they dont have the depth of range to reproduce the sub audible frequencies, and distort easily, but a bigger amp might help that, my amp is only 800 watts PEAK, i did this when i was young too keep myself from blowing them, cuz i know if i got a bigger amp id have blown them by now