General Automotive Discussion

OT: 1991 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
schlichtemeier
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OT: 1991 Honda Accord

I have a 1991 Honda Accord, automatic with a sport option (I think changes the shift points). Periodically, my speedometer quits working and the sport light starts blinking. A couple of times the check engine light has came on. Usually, if I shut the engine off and start it back up everything works. Fluids are fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Chad

Old 04-29-2008, 11:12 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1991 Honda Accord = FTE, how???? Just the same, head to Auotzone, or like, see if they can pull codes.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
maybe he wants a powerstroke to tow it to the dealer for him??

Old 04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
About Browse Categories Advanced Search How to Contribute

Browse unanswered questions | Most-recent questions

For example: What is the secret of true love? | What happens if you file your income taxes late?
Ads by Google Honda EGR Valve New Transmission Honda Civic Repairs TCU

Optional Login/Register

Username

Password

Remember me
Why Register | Lost Password?

Optional Login/Register

Username

Password

Retype Password

E-mail Address

Send me the monthly WikiAnswers newsletter with funky questions, helpful new features and announcements.

Why Register | Lost Password?

ADVERTISEMENT

S MODE PROBLEM IN 1991 HONDA ACCORD WITHOUT PUSHING SPORT MODE SWITCH NOT SHIFTING IN GEAR PROPERLYGEAR STUCK RPM RAISED TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULETCMTCU REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR HERE IS SOLUN?
In: Parts and Repairs

If the \"S\" light is flashing, it indicates a problem with the transmission or speed sensor.

I have 1991 honda accord LX and got \"S\" mode without pushing 'S\" mode switch I recommend that if if u have S mode On in yr odometer that means yr TCU or TCM(transmission computer) is not working properly.

I Open that computer is and check it ,I fixed my computer,then RESET IT then install back same way i take it out.

My problem was solved within half our of driving my car after installation .Now i don't have \"S\" mode in my car.I m happy. before u disconnect yr computer make sure disconnect battery first and after u install connect battery.

I went first AAMCO TRANSMISSION they told me to Rebuild transmission for 1500-2000 dollars, then i went to HONDA Dealer ,they told me to replace computer for 1300 dollars+tax+LABOUR COST, then i tried myself finish with $200+ 5 hours workdone+Electronic Parts Cost.If u have any question regarding this ,email me on hcpatel78@gmail.com. OR OTHERWISE JUST CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE AFTER 6 PM ANY DAY IN WEEK:- 973-610-5670
Hiren Patel

AAMCO Transmissions
Join the largest franchise in the transmission industry!
AAMCO Transmission Franchise

Transmission Oil
Transmission Fluids that Exceed OEM Requirements. Find More Info Here.
Pennzoil Home

Speedometer Repair
S Class Instrument Cluster Repair Digital Speedometer Repair
www.espeedo.com > Services

First answer by Paul. Last edit by H4hir. Contributor trust: 0 [recommend contributor]. Question popularity: 45 [recommend question]

Research your answer:

Can you answer other questions about auto repair?

Answers.com > Wiki Answers > Categories > Cars and Vehicles > Parts and Repairs > S MODE PROBLEM IN 1991 HONDA ACCORD WITHOUT PUSHING SPORT MODE SWITCH NOT SHIFTING IN GEAR PROPERLYGEAR STUCK RPM RAISED TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULETCMTCU REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR HERE IS SOLUN?

Our contributors said this page should be displayed for the questions below. (Where do these come from)
If any of these are not a genuine rephrasing of the question, please help out and edit these alternates.

S mode 91 ex accord? Honda sports accord? S-mode for 1991 Honda accord ex? S MODE PROBLEM IN HONDA ACCORD 1991? What is the s mode on the 91ex accord? Where is the sport mode sensor located? 1991 Honda Accord Auto Transmission not shifting? What does sports mode do in honda accord 1990 exr? Transmission control modular on a 1991 Honda Accord? How do you disable sports mode on a 1991 honda accord? How do you trun off the sports shifter on a 91 honda accord ex? On a 1991 honda accord transmission stays in low gear what is the problem? How do you keep a 1990 Honda Accord automatic from going into sports mode?
About Browse Advanced Search How to Contribute Help Center Blog Webmaster Tools What's New Terms of Use Privacy Policy IP Issues Disclaimer

Copyright © 2008 Answers Corporation
Answers are collaboratively written by volunteers in the spirit of growing information for the public good.
We invite you to copy and share Q&A under a Creative Commons license with certain conditions, for free.

Last edited by just another truck; 04-29-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: found this, might help, good luck
Old 04-29-2008, 11:27 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pat, can I have a sip of that stuff.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:29 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Originally Posted by miller_feed
Pat, can I have a sip of that stuff.
I only searched and printed..... Besides, I dont speak Honda, so I didnt know there was a problem

But, if you are in the area.. I will order you up 2

Old 04-29-2008, 11:39 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by just another truck
I only searched and printed..... Besides, I dont speak Honda, so I didnt know there was a problem

But, if you are in the area.. I will order you up 2
Have to meet in the middle. That is a long way away from me. lol But I will remember the offer, you never know.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:07 PM
WILDMAN_Stroker*7.3
Senior User
"DITO"

Old 04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
schlichtemeier
Junior User
Sorry for posting the question, a member of this forum and thought somebody might know. BTW: I do have a powerstroke

Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
Did you read the post i put in, there is a comment there about either the trans, or computer. The guy suggested disconnecting the computer, but I wasnt very clear on what he was saying. All i did was google your question though, it came back with a few different sites, and suggestions. Good Luck

Old 04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Originally Posted by schlichtemeier
Sorry for posting the question, a member of this forum and thought somebody might know. BTW: I do have a powerstroke
No problem with this, we were just having a little fun with it. But Jay did fine some kind of an answer for you.

Hang around, you can learn tons of stuff about your super duty on here. And you never know, someone might have your answer.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:13 PM
just another truck
Hotshot
EBSCOhost

you didnt paste enough info for me to go any further, try this link.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:27 PM
bigsteve1969
Posting Guru
didn't know you had a superduty im sorry but like miller_feed said we just having a little fun with it.. but i do hope you can get that honda fixed my sister has 1 too and she just had to get the EGR redone or somethin

Old 04-29-2008, 06:57 PM
8tsixt
Elder User
Common problem on those accords were vehicle speed sensors, you replace them every other oil change just like theis distributors.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:08 PM
joegebff
Gone Fishin for Mark

Pat,

Above and beyond the call of duty.....REP's given.

Quick Reply: OT: 1991 Honda Accord