1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Bio or motorcycle

Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 AM
93f1505.0L
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya I thought about a civic or something to but I am 19 and have 2 speeding tickets and insurance on the truck and car would be pretty high I think.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:02 AM
immastrokinnow
Elder User
i pay 250ush for full coverage on 2 vehicles. and i am 21 single male

Old 04-27-2008, 01:28 AM
kawa
Postmaster
I have three (3) motorcycles. A 2000 KLR 250, A 2006 KLR 650 and a 2004
HD Ultra Classic with all the bells and whistles and they just sit and stare at me as my shoulders and arms are so screwed up from past injury's from being throwed from horse back numerous times it has just caught up with me.

I can only ride about 20 miles and I hurt. Gawd I hate gettin' old. I still want to do young stuff.

Rog

Old 04-27-2008, 07:32 AM
WALJON
Posting Guru

Rog don't think of it as getting old just think of it as getting baggy lol

Just kidding

Your still young at heart that's all that matters

Old 04-27-2008, 07:27 PM
waynebo
Senior User
I've been busted up too many times to consider a bike anymore,,i'd rather walk..If its not cars its dog or a pot hole that you don't see in time, to sand or gravel on the road in a curve,,not anymore

Old 04-27-2008, 11:48 PM
IDMooseMan
Postmaster
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Motorcycles can be ridden in the rain. Tire tread works just like on a car. You have to be more careful in the rain when on a bike, car, truck, or bus, so that argument is BS. I was a motorcycle safety instructor for 15 years before medical conditions caused me to "retire" from that occupation.

If you're interested, I have a motorcycle for sale. I couldn't find a category in the Classifieds section so here's my info.

Here is my motorcycle info:
<O</O
1984 Honda GoldWing Interstate GL1200I:<O</O
She has been in winter-storage since 2005 in my garage (2612 Boulder Ave Nampa, ID 83686-1210). Practically everything is an aftermarket add-on or a factory upgrade.<O</O
1200cc four-cylinder liquid-cooled engine<O</O
Four carburetors (low-speed drivability kits (4) installed)<O</O
Lifetime stator installed<O</O
Water pump replaced
Too many additional items to list.<O</O

Contact Craig 463-4383 leave message with callback info, send email to 69fastback@iwon.com or PM me. $3500 or best offer.

My apologies if this is inappropriate to post here; I just couldn't find a section for "Other" items other than Ford vehicles.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:45 AM
93f1505.0L
Elder User
Thanks Craig but not really what i am looking for. I want a 600 and probly an on road/off road bike but thanks for posting that.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
you will walk away from a head on in the truck.........
Very true c00n...
There's two types of riders:
Those that have been down and those that are about to go down.
It's not about if you go down but when.
Motorcycles are dangerous but so fun. definately require control and spacial awareness.
The way i see it my bio will cost roughly 1.10 a gallon. Call that a quarter of the cost of gas, and my truck will be more cost efficient than a prius.
That being said, Bikes are so fun. i dont know if you've ridden one but the power is so very addicting!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 AM
884x4broncoII
Posting Guru
" Those that have been down and those that are about to go down."
that is so true for anyone that rides alot iv ridden my whole life and been down a couple times, luckaly none of them where too bad and all of them were because i wasn't being careful enough. you have to respect your motocycle and know that it can kill you. watch every vehicle on the road, they wont see you even if they do pretend they dont. leave yourself a way out of every possible situation. scan the road for all potential hazards and have fun

Old 04-28-2008, 02:23 PM
1969fordguy
Senior User
Riding in the rain is fine, just wear the proper gear (or get a bit wet)

I have found that riding makes me a better driver, because you are always looking out for what other drivers are doing. No radio or newspaper to read, no phone to talk on, nothing but driving! (riding!)

IDMooseMan: I'm curious about your email address? What kind of fastback? I only ask because I have a '69 fastback of my own...

Old 04-28-2008, 05:03 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you spend $4000 on a motorcycle, and it turn saves you $100 per month in fuel costs....it takes 40 months of motorcycle riding before you reach the break even point and start saving money.

Not saying don't do it.....but unless you find a bike supercheap you're not really saving anything for a long time.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:22 PM
secondarychaos
Posting Guru
Ya, and Bio isnt that expensive to start.
I've got $450 in my setup so far, just waiting on filters and supplies.
This was by far, however, the cheapest setup i think anyone could reasonably do.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
93f1505.0L
Elder User
secondarychaos, What do you have going with your set up? I have a few 55 gallon drums thats it.

Ive started to lean more to the bio but I still want a bike just to have I was looking at something for 3000 so it would pay for its self sooner and I think it will save me more than 100 an month becuase I have to drive to and from work then to and from school. Thats about 45 miles a day if I just do that. Then there is the weekend when I am all over the place.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
C350CREW
Senior User
gotta go with both sides. ive ridden for 20 years and loved every minute but too many close calls to count. sold my bike last year and doubt will ever own another street bike. to many idiots and the roads in my state suck***. also just had a friend killed last month by idiot turning in front of him. just not worth the risk anymore. and unless you ride everyday it will not pay for itself anyway. bikes are more about the fun and open road, not saving money. i road i 27deg weather, had to wipe frost from seat, every sort of rain, hail, and snow. if ya dont ride in all kinds of weather, whats the point of owning a bike anyway. im gonna go bio and do as many mods as i can afford to increase my mileage.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:41 PM
ALEXVB22
Senior User
I'd go with Bio if I were you... I bought a ZX6R Kawasaki last year... Bout the dumbest thing I have ever done I think. lol

I have riden all my life (dirtbikes) and I loved the thought of fast street bikes, girls, etc etc... but when it come down to it, it probably the most dangerous thing I have ever repedtivly done lol.

So far have been conned into racing with buddy's at 155mph and got the ticket to prove it! that cast some $$$ and point on the license.. actually they tookit the 1st time.. it was the same day of my learners lol.. had to tow it from oc home... good thing I had my G/F driving my truck right behind me.

Anyhow thats the dumb side of things that comes when you buy a bike.

The other side is the danger involve... after my ticket I slowed down... alot. But even still dark nights, people don't see you. Day driving, people don't see you or pay attention to you. You'd think with how loud they are they'd hear you comin.. nope.. not at all. As if you wern't even there.

Then you gotta think about deer. I have almost hit 6 this past year alone!

Rocks, sticks, bugs all hit you at high speeds.. hurts a lil.

Had a friend hit a deer last year to. Almost died.

Had another die.

Had another wreck 3 times... but he's an idiot. Twice speeding in rain... and once doing a wheelie on the rumble strip with one foot on passenger peg and the other controling the shifter... Why? Don't know.... it was fun for him i guess? But he did it like that so he could "stand up" with you feet lik that though it torques the bike and makes it wobble and a "wobble" at 85mph is not something you want.

But anyhow.. I love riding but honestly I feel its just too damn dangerous around here now to do it.

So if your reason is to save on fuel cost and not wide open rd free feeling... go with BIO-DIESEL. Fun to make any how.

Alex

But if you insist you can buy mine ;-) never dropped 2200 miles ... brand new pretty much. Sits under a sheet in my g-rage ;-).

$8,000

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bio or motorcycle