Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Leveling question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:23 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Leveling question

My front springs are pretty sacked out, giving my truck a major "stink bug" or tail-high look to it. Ideally what I'd like to do is swap my stock rear blocks for the taller F350 blocks and buy new springs to level the truck out, or close to it. Would it be as simple as finding the blocks and ordering a level kit for an F350? With so many options out there for leveling kits, who's running a kit they are very happy with and would recommend? I'd prefer to do just spring packs in the front, no weird blocks or helper packs if I can help it- not opposed to an add-a-leaf but I don't want the ride harshness to increase either.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:05 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got an F350 and I just put an add-a-leaf to level it out, worked great. Get on ebay and just look for leveling kits for super duties. Mine was a Rough Country, single leaf with new center bolt. I think I paid $50 for it, I bought the same thing for my dad(F350) not too long ago and I think they were up to $80.? It wasn't very difficult to put in, helps to have a second pair of hands.

Also, for your 02 style headlights, Ebay has a pretty good selection of aftermarket ones. I actually like the ones I got off ebay better because the parking lights are a clear lense (sames as headlights) instead of what they are from the factory.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 PM
bigjake0524
Senior User
I am running the procomp leveling kit it a complete new front spring pack with new shocks for the whole truck. Got it at 4wheelparts.com and the ride is really nice as well. Not rough or harsh at all.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
I am running the $50 2 1/2" shackle kit in the front, and a set of 4" Superlift blocks in the back ($80 including ubolts, from 4wheelparts.com, call them, the blocks you want are not on the website) and my truck sits 1/2 inch higher in the rear than the front. My truck (F250) came with 350 rear springs from the factory, but only 2 1/2" rear blocks.
install was simple, just be sure to tell them you need the shorter u bolts for the installation.
See any of the pics of my truck in the Smokin threads for what this looks like. My gallery has not been updated.